So what DLC you getting?

Are you getting any DLC?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting any DLC?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, how are you going to purchase it?

• Season pass
    • Just getting what I want
    • Not getting DLC

Don;t know if this needed a topic, feel free to lock if you feel like it doesn't need to exist mods.

Anyways, while the whole DLC thing with Echoes has had a very bad reception and rightfully so, I wanted to see what DLC everyone is going to get, if any at all.

Personally, I'm going to get both item DLCs, the late game grinding DLCs since you don't really need to grind early game, at least Alm and Celica's Ultimate class DLCs (Waiting to see what the others are like) and the story based DLC. Not a fan of the cipher characters so I;m just gonna pass them up.

So yeah, what about you guys?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to get the late game grinding packs. Not too sure about the early game grinding ones.

I may also get the prologue DLC, because story.

I'll probably get the Class DLC for at least Alm and Celica. The other ones...I'll see. I think they all look REALLY good, though.

I'll probably pick up the Classes and Deliverance DLCs, as well as the Cipher DLC if we do indeed get that.

I might buy the other DLC way later down the line since they do have good music.

The Deliverence Maps+Cipher DLC+maybe Alm and Celica's Over-Classes.

I want to point out tho

"If yes, how are you going to purchase DLC"

"Season Pass"

"Just getting what I want"

"Not getting the DLC"

Why is that an option in the "yes" catagory?

I bought the first pack of Exp/Gold/Item dlcs for the Jp version, plus the late-game Gold dlc, but I'm out of yen on my account right now, so that'll be it for me.

However, I plan on buying the Season Pass for the English version because I have a lot of expendable cash, and FE is the only thing I feel like buying stuff for nowadays.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Deliverence Maps+Cipher DLC+maybe Alm and Celica's Over-Classes.

I want to point out tho

"If yes, how are you going to purchase DLC"

"Season Pass"

"Just getting what I want"

"Not getting the DLC"

Why is that an option in the "yes" catagory?

Because if you make a poll with two questions, the person has to answer both questions so I had to put that in there so the poll would actually work.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Because if you make a poll with two questions, the person has to answer both questions so I had to put that in there so the poll would actually work.

Ah ok.

At these prices, maybe I'll just the story DLC pack if I hear the story is actually interesting, and the Cipher characters because I like those character designs.

Still, 4 maps for $15 doesn't sound like good value, even if it is voice acted.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Season pass to support the game because I appreciate the Gaiden remake and they didn't forget it. 

That said, I can understand why it's getting negative views on it.

I'll probablyyyy get DLC, but like one or two maps, and definitely on my own time bc I won't get that many.

I want to get the Deliverance Lukas-centric one to see the supports between Forsyth, Lukas, and Python, and then I'll probably get the weapon one? But I'm not sure tbh. I'll look more into it later.

I'll definitely get the prologue maps. The aesthetics and story of Echoes interests me a lot and I always dig map with character interaction. Hidden Truths was a mess story wise, but the on-map character interactions were fun and I dug the gameplay of it even if it was flawed.

I like a nice grind for stuff, so I'll probably grab the first set of grind dlc. If I pick up anything from the second set, it will probably just be the item dlc. The growth rate orb...it is very enticing if nothing else. But I'm going back & forth on it.

Definitely not getting the second set of exp & money dlc. And while the classes are cool, I'll probably pass on all of the class dlc; no map to accompany them leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Cipher DLC...maybe? It just depends on what the maps are like, what the characters are like, etc.

Probably just Deliverance DLC, not too concerned about missing out on those classes. The season pass is insanely overpriced, and even the packs themselves are on the expensive side (I'm Canadian, the prices here are scary).

Definately getting the Deliverance pack, and probably the CIpher chars just on principle since I was convinced they'd be JP-only.

Exp/gold DLC is a definate no, I'm content with grinding in maingame dungeons. Also having two of them (with seemingly no character dialogue, unlike the Awakening/Fates grinding maps) feels like a cashgrab to me, the kind of thing I definately don't want to encourage.

I miiight consider the second Starshard map if the dungoen looks interesting, but leaning no at the time.

The overclass DLC is crazy expensive as a whole, they feel like a bad deal unless the dungeons they come with end up being really good. I might consider the Alm/Celica ones out of pure character favoritism but otherwise no.

3 minutes ago, hinode said:

Definately getting the Deliverance pack, and probably the CIpher chars just on principle since I was convinced they'd be JP-only.

Exp/gold DLC is a definate no, I'm content with grinding in maingame dungeons. Also having two of them (with seemingly no character dialogue, unlike the Awakening/Fates grinding maps) feels like a cashgrab to me, the kind of thing I definately don't want to encourage.

I miiight consider the second Starshard map if the dungoen looks interesting, but leaning no at the time.

The overclass DLC is crazy expensive as a whole, they feel like a bad deal unless the dungeons they come with end up being really good. I might consider the Alm/Celica ones out of pure character favoritism but otherwise no.

The Overclasses don't come with dungeons. You just sorta go there and promote

If I get any DLC I'll be getting the cipher one, since everything else is EA levels of moneygrabbing

I plan on getting everything, so I put season pass, I just think I won't be able to get the season pass xD I'm mostly hyped for the story expansion maps *as future past and heirs of fates were some of my favorite parts of their respective games, especially if we get another good song like ID Hope, Perplexing Dreams, and Shigures end of all* and very excited for the class expansion maps, I'm honestly hyped to just have tier 3 units reappear in a FE game and with these, would they be considered tier 4 units?

considering how much they are its a bit silly. but im still gonna buy all of them. Idc if shitty dlc practices get us future remakes that i will greatly enjoy. whatever it takes yall

4 hours ago, hinode said:

From what I heard, the first set of grinding DLC gives fairly little EXP, and mostly Silver Coins. The second set of grinding DLC is meant to be for stronger units, which is what you actually need for postgame.

The obscene cost makes it a harder decision than it should be. DLC that costs $5 more than the base game is simply not a good precedent. 

That said... let's not front. I'm likely going balls out and getting the season pass. 

Hmm, it's tough. I don't want the first pack because I don't need early-game help, but I want everything else. I haven't done the Maths, but buying packs 2-5 is going to cost about the same as the season pass, right?

Dang it, looks like I'll probably be getting the season pass.

Some of the DLC I think is unnecessary primarily the grinding maps as the game already has a way for you to grind. And while the overclasses might be overkill they do look cool, especially the Gold Knight. I like the idea of additional dungeons to play in but don't see why they couldn't have just added them to the game to begin with. I will say that instead of resorting to a grinding map for bonus EXP, Nintendo should instead have a system for earning bonus EXP, an Arena on some maps like the GBA games and or something like the 50 floored tower in Sacred stones. This would be more efficient than a DLC map that you have to reload multiple times if you want to grind. Now I don't expect Nintendo to stop releasing DLC but I would like it if they would stop resorting to DLC for featuring grinding options especially when they are subparr compared to how the GBA games did grinding. If the maps are fun to play I won't have a problem with them but most of the DLC maps in Fates I don't have fun with. I did have fun with Awakening's DLC especially the maps based off of past games, I was able to make them into solo challenges for myself which was a lot of fun to do. I really would have liked more of this kind of thing in Fates we only got like 2 maps I think one based off of Elincia's Gambit (which is such an awesome map) and another based off of a Gaiden map. I have more fun fighting armies that are trying to kill me than fighting slime monsters and faceless who are trying to run away I just do not have fun with that. Maybe they'll change that a bit with Echoes' DLC we'll see.

Maybe. If I end up liking the cast, I'll get the Deliverance pack... when it's on sale. I got the support/story DLCs for Awakening and Fates, so I'm not surprised this pack is the only one that interests me at all. I think I'll look into it before purchasing, since it's quite pricey.

I'm curious about the Cipher DLC, but I don't know for sure if it's something I'd like to get. I have no opinion on Cipher's original characters - I barely knew they even existed.

I am going to get the season pass, because why not and most of these look good to me.  My wallet is going ouch though, since it is pricey.