Is lot worth using?

I'm playing binding blade again right now and I have been using lot lately...is he worth using as a tank?

He has the best defense growth in the game so I thought that I might want to use him.

Technically Karel has the highest def growth.

Lot is just okay. He's like the most average character possible. As far as Hero Crest users go he's pretty outclassed by Rutger and Dieck, but if you're playing Normal Mode he shouldn't be terrible choice or anything, as he's fast enough to double. Accuracy is a bit meh though.

He's not actually that tanky because his base defence is somewhat low. For example, after 10 levels, he's tied or worse than Alan and Lance in Defence despite their lower growth, because they have higher bases. He'll have more HP though at least and with more levels and promotion he pulls ahead, but it's not a really big lead.

Edited by Irysa

Lot is the best locked axe user but it doesn't say too much.
He can tank a bit and can oneround soldiers and knights with the hammer.
Unlike Ward you don't have to worry that he'll get doubled.

However after chapter 8, the last chapter you fight soldiers, any paladin or hero Dieck will outclass him.

Tbf if as a warrior he can be really useful in chapter 21.

He's not outright detrimental but he's pretty lacklustre. He doesn't really meet doubling thresholds except on knights and his damage output puts him short even when he can double. Dieck and the Paladins kinda eclipse him after they promote, but having a spare bow user around for the later chapters doesn't hurt.

I think Lot makes the best warrior in the game, but that isn't really saying much since you have better axe and bow users alike. I've found that Gonzales, Dieck, and even Geese almost always turn out better than Lot. His speed and offensive capabilities don't really cut it, and although he isn't axe-locked, having bows as a secondary weapon renders him unable to counter until he switches back to an axe. That being said, as mentioned above, he'd make a good unit to bring into Chapter 21 if you elect to train him, since axes and bows are a boon in this chapter.