10A or 10B?

It's not a huge difference in difficulty, imo. It's easier to recruit Tate and Klein and keep their lackeys alive on Elphin's route, but chapter 11 has a very annoyingly placed ballista and you'll have to move through its range fast in order to save some civilians and get an Energy Ring as a reward.

Storywise, I think that Elphin's route is a bit better, simply because Elphin is obviously more important for the story as a whole and he gets a bit more interaction with Roy on his route.

Since Roy takes a different route to the isles' capital on either path, I'd recommend taking the one you haven't seen before, anyway. The longterm difference in gameplay is really not that big - both Echidna and Bartre are quite alright for the next couple chapters but fall behind eventually, while Elphin is very slightly more bulky and less dodgy than Lalum. The biggest difficulty on either route is to get all the goodies in chapter 11, so if you're having trouble, you might want to just accept that Tate's pegasus buddies have the self preservation instinct of a lemming. ;)

Lalum's route is generally more fun to play, the maps in Elphin's are fairly large and Bartre's chapter is pretty annoying. Otherwise they're not too dissimilar in terms of difficulty. There are opportunities to get whips later on, but getting Tate's is generally quite nice.

I'd kinda recommend dedicating a single thread to your FE6 experience, not every single one-liner needs its own topic! Plus, it means you can ask multiple questions regarding to the game.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

It's not a huge difference in difficulty, imo. It's easier to recruit Tate and Klein and keep their lackeys alive on Elphin's route, but chapter 11 has a very annoyingly placed ballista and you'll have to move through its range fast in order to save some civilians and get an Energy Ring as a reward.

Storywise, I think that Elphin's route is a bit better, simply because Elphin is obviously more important for the story as a whole and he gets a bit more interaction with Roy on his route.

Since Roy takes a different route to the isles' capital on either path, I'd recommend taking the one you haven't seen before, anyway. The longterm difference in gameplay is really not that big - both Echidna and Bartre are quite alright for the next couple chapters but fall behind eventually, while Elphin is very slightly more bulky and less dodgy than Lalum. The biggest difficulty on either route is to get all the goodies in chapter 11, so if you're having trouble, you might want to just accept that Tate's pegasus buddies have the self preservation instinct of a lemming. ;)

Well the first time I played, I used Lalum's route. So now I'm thinking about whether to go to the same route or go to Barte's route...

The thing that I'm really paranoid here is chapter 21. I need good units to beat that damn chapter and the only ones that I think are capable of that are Dieck, Lillina, Lugh and Rutger once the wrmslayer is gotten. And I wonder if either of these routes is going to impact the difficulty of chapter 21.

Anyways, I'm thinking about doing the other route..but then I fear of using Barte......

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I'd kinda recommend dedicating a single thread to your FE6 experience, not every single one-liner needs its own topic! Plus, it means you can ask multiple questions regarding to the game.

I'm curious about OP's thoughts on this as well.  He's basically picked the long, tedious way of posting (the Elphin route of posting, if you will), and in this scenario, I'd definitely have to recommend Lalum route over that.

Best to keep in mind that Gonzales is more crappier in Elphin's route because he has the same base stats in both routes, but he's at a higher level in this route.

Geese comes with different weapons in the two routes. He has the Brave axe in Route A and an Iron Axe and (iirc) a Swordreaver in Route B.

Then again, these are axe users we're talking about, and they're hard to use in this game, so uh...

Also yeah, if you did go for Lalum route previously, then I'd say go for Elphin's route, just so you don't have to go through the same two maps again.

Lalum's route nets you an extra arena and a much better Gonzales. I wouldn't recommend going with route B unless you really want Elphin and Bartre. The downside is that I've found the A route to be a little more difficult, but not unreasonably so.