Costumes

On 5/5/2017 at 7:37 AM, Deva Ashera said:

Ike's Lord outfit is his best look..it should have at least gotten a recolor reference in Smash Brawl & Wii U/3DS..I mean, it even had its own portrait, which is rare for a class up. If Ike doesn't get it as an alt if he's in then I'll be quite disappointed.

I mentioned that outfit, but I think RD Ike's Vanguard class is his best look. That armor is just badass and is my favorite color, and the cape is beautiful too. Plus, I can never stop liking RD Ike's muscles. :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this the other day and here are some ideas for some characters.

• Ike: PoR Ranger and Lord, RD Hero and Vanguard.
  • Lyn: Awakening art
  • Nohr Siblings: Hoshidan clothes, like in one of their Cipher cards.  (I wanna see ninja Elise)
  • Hoshido Siblings: Nohrian clothes, like in one of their cipher cards. (I wanna see wyvern Ryoma and knight Sakura)
  • Roy and Hector: Old...as they're seen in FE6 y'know?
  • Zephiel: AS A KID BECAUSE I WANNA SEE KID ZEPHIEL WIELD ECKESACHS.

I'd also like to put my bid in for Lord!Ike costume. Still to this day, it's my favorite outfit for Ike.

Another set of costumes that I'd really like to see are school uniforms. Yes, I know they are the epitome of fan service (along with swimsuits and maid/butler costumes), but the DW7 school uniform set (actually referred to as the "Original Costume Pack") contained some of my favorite outfits. Here are a few of my personal favorites for example. None of them were blatantly sexual - unless it fit the personality of the character - and, even then, there were none that were that explicit. Some of them weren't just the standard uniform, either; they had school club uniforms or other miscellaneous activities as well.

If we had a DLC costume pack such as that, I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to get them - or better yet, return to ye olden times when costumes were unlocked while completing some task in-game or purchased with in-game currency.

Edited by saisymbolic
Fixed some of the links

Ye olden times wherein content was unlocked is infinitely better and much welcome. Alas, this is KT we're dealing with, so that's one hell of a pipe dream

Also I am in approval of those choices, like Cao Pi in particular.

Hey now, Hyrule Warriors had a fair amount of unlockable content and not just DLC (though I suppose having content in the DLC that needed to be rewarded is also something I like).

I wouldn't mind a Risen King Chrom DLC, based off the cipher.

Oh, and there may be characters that'll come as DLC. 

I got some logical ideas for a few obvious Lords(also ignoring Smash designs and alts genders for this):

Marth: orignal, Remake(unless that's likely his default) Edit: looks like its Remake New Mystery

Chrom: Great Lord, Risen King (cipher), Exalted King (cipher)

Lucina: Great Lord, Kimono, Modern design sketch, mask and CYL outfit

Roy: Awakening outfit and CYL outfit

Lyn: Awakening outfit, Blade CYL outfit

M/F Robin: Grandmaster

M/F Corrin: Hoshido and Nohr Noble

Alm:  Orignal, Awakening outfit, Hero and Conqueror(over class)

Celica: Orignal, Awakening outfit, Princess and Rigain(over class)

Hector: older father version

Eliwood: older father version

Ike: RD version, Awakening outfit(yes this one), and CYL outfit

Micaiah: Light Sage, Light Priestess, Awakening outfit(yes this one as well)

That's all I have for the moment

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Out of costumes I want, I would love to see homages to previous characters in the series, especially since its confirmed that its mostly going to be Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon. So Oboro receiving a costume similar to Nephenee, or one of the rogues receiving a costume similar to Volke/Sothe.

I would also like to see a Zeke costume for Camus, since he is pretty much a shoe in. Along with SoV designs for the White Wings.

Other than that I am not sure. I think costumes for the various characters reclass options could be cool, or hilarious depending (armor knight Tharja anyone?)

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Out of costumes I want, I would love to see homages to previous characters in the series, especially since its confirmed that its mostly going to be Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon. So Oboro receiving a costume similar to Nephenee, or one of the rogues receiving a costume similar to Volke/Sothe.

I would also like to see a Zeke costume for Camus, since he is pretty much a shoe in. Along with SoV designs for the White Wings.

Other than that I am not sure. I think costumes for the various characters reclass options could be cool, or hilarious depending (armor knight Tharja anyone?)

That would be cool. I would like the idea of Jeorge and Gordin having Shinon and Rolf's clothes respectively given that they have in common being master and student like them.

13 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

That would be cool. I would like the idea of Jeorge and Gordin having Shinon and Rolf's clothes respectively given that they have in common being master and student like them.

I would love to see a Haar homage on Gerome if he makes it in personally.

Edited by Tolvir

On 5/30/2017 at 6:21 AM, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Pantsless marth

Yes. This could actually become a reality.

@Blade Lord Lyn: You forgot Mirage alts for Chrom as well as Risen King as an alt. 

Eliwood can have his Knight Lord look based on his FEH art or the ones based on his Cipher cards too. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

On 5/31/2017 at 5:43 PM, Lord-Zero said:

Yes. This could actually become a reality.

@Blade Lord Lyn: You forgot Mirage alts for Chrom as well as Risen King as an alt. 

Eliwood can have his Knight Lord look based on his FEH art or the ones based on his Cipher cards too. 

Don't want THAT referenced no offense....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Basing this off of my prediction of the roster.

Marth: Really not sure of the possiblities here. I can see the classic costume as a joke, and maybe some kind of King like design for another.

Palla: SoV design along side classic design. Promotion based costume as well.

Est: SoV costume, classic costume, and promotion based costume.

Catria: SoV costume, classic costume, promotion costume.

Camus: Zeke costume, Sirius remake version. I can also see classic Sirius that looks like Michael Jackson's white doppelganger wearing a mask.

Minerva: Promotion oriented costume, Jill costume as reference to Tellius.

Chrom: Promotion based costume, Marth inspired costume, and Exalt costume. For fan service purposes, his swimsuit from the Beach DLC.

Robin: Grandmaster costume, male female variant, and a few costumes to reference class changing. Maybe a merc costume, a cavalier costume, and a fighter costume.

Tharja: promotion based costume. Beach DLC based costume, complete with a curtain wrapped around her waste. That would be hilarious. Dark Knight costume as well, referencing branching promotions.

Gaius: Assassin costume, Trickster costume (or whatever they were called). Beach DLC costume.

Cherche: promotion costume, Haar costume.

Frederick: Not sure here.

Cordelia: Promotion costume, Beach DLC costume.

Lucina: Mask and No Mask variant, Promotion costume, Exalt costume, and Hot Spring based costume.

Gerome: promotion based costume. Costume based on Cherche, and maybe a costume based on Batman. Then we can give Arthur a Superman costume and get the Justice League going. DC will be totally ok with it.

Noire: promotion based costume, Tharja based costume (not sure how that would work).

Morgan: Grandmaster costume, female/male variations, and maybe a costume based on potential reclass.

Corrin: Male Female variant, Hoshido Noble, Nohr Noble.

Xander: Leo based costume, Nohrian King costume, and Beach DLC costume.

Leo: Xander costume, Nohrian King costume, Beach DLC costume.

Camilla: Hinoka based costume, Beach DLC costume (which will surprisingly be less skimpy than her original), and Nohrian princess costume I guess.

Ryoma: Takumi costume, Hoshidan Emperor costume, Beach DLC costume.

Takumi: Ryoma costume, Promotion costume, Beach DLC costume.

Hinoka: Promotion costume, Camilla costume, Hoshidan Empress costume, Beach DLC costume.

Azura: Black and White costume variant.

Selena: Severa Costume, Cordelia costume, promotion costume.

Odin: Owain costume, promotion costume, Exalt costume.

Laslow: Inigo costume, Dancer costume (Spain inspired?), and an Inigo Montoya costume. I wish. I would kill for that.

Oboro: Promotion costume, Halloween DLC costume.

Kaze: Saizo costume, Master Ninja costume.

Beruka: Promotion costume. (not sure what else)

Silas: promotion costume. Dunce cap costume.

Jakob: not a clue.

Felicia: not a clue.

Niles: promotion costume

Ike: Lord costume, Ranger costume, Vanguard costume.

Roy: Promotion Costume.

Lyn: promotion costume.

Hector: promotion costume

Alm: Classic costume, Hero Costume, 4th tier DLC costume.

Celica: Classic costume, Princess costume, 3rd tier DLC costume.

I also think the idea of an epic style costume for each character would be great. Heroes of the Storm has these special costumes for each character that is an upgrade from the original in a way. I think that idea could be really cool for all characters.

It's important to keep expectations in check. It's much more likely, that the bulk of the cast will receive only colour changing costumes like the cast of HW. Like giving Xander an outfit coloured to make him resemble Sigurd. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 3:29 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Inb4 they hit us with the bikini DLC.

Why not? I'd be curious to see them put some actual effort into designing swimwear and accessories that doesn't end up being a generic looking underwear-bikini or speedos... just avoid slings and were good to go.

3 hours ago, DIO said:

Why not? I'd be curious to see them put some actual effort into designing swimwear and accessories that doesn't end up being a generic looking underwear-bikini or speedos... just avoid slings and were good to go.

You know Camilla's only getting string.

19 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You know Camilla's only getting string.

Bah, might as well just make it a flat-textured piece of geometry then. Her outfit in the Summer Scramble graphics is a nice enough showing; just give it a little more flourish and a detachable skirt and she'll be good to go.

-Considering the fact that we saw villains playable in HW, we can probably expect to see Medeus, which would be neat, Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem designs?

-Wrys with the Heroes look that makes him look human, and then the DS remakes design that makes him look like a finger.

-If we get Binding Blade characters, I'd kinda like to see Lilina dressed in bulky Hectoresque armor, sort of just because I'd love to see Lilina wielding Armads. :P

-If we get New Mystery stuff, we could have Chris dressed as their conceptual descendants and vice versa.