Questions about getting the Season Pass

I was trying to remember that I did heard the term Season Pass was existed before they announced in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that was coming up in May and this is going to be my first time getting a Season Pass in video games, but I did heard that there was season passes existed from other video games such as The Breath of the Wild and some other video games that I am not entirely too sure if they were invented around 2016 or 2017? I have no knowledge of the term "Season Pass" meant, does the term "Season Pass" in video games suppose to be unlocking all the DLCs for a Limited of Months (or Seasons) for one time for any Seasons like Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall or is it just players can getting all the DLC content and you can play all the content before the actual content releases in the future without a limit? I was thinking of saving up the money to get that Season Pass for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and I didn't see anyone made a thread talking about the what does term "Season Pass" mean?

Edited by King Marth 64

Basically, a season pass just lets you have access to all DLC as soon as they are released, sometimes earlier than usual, for a one-time payment. Season Passes have existed for quite some time now, perpetrated by soulless video game publishers like Activision and EA as a way to steal our money for incomplete games. Though, at least the DLC for Echoes are actually bonus content, instead of being blatantly missing features.

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Basically, a season pass just lets you have access to all DLC as soon as they are released, sometimes earlier than usual, for a one-time payment. Season Passes have existed for quite some time now, perpetrated by soulless video game publishers like Activision and EA as a way to steal our money for incomplete games. Though, at least the DLC for Echoes are actually bonus content, instead of being blatantly missing features.

Wait, so we still buy all the content and we can wait for the future DLC contents to be released that is coming just like the normal DLCs that were purchased through the Nintendo eShop correct? And second, they don't have a limited amount of time that we can play all the DLCs unlike Pokemon Bank correct?

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, so we still buy all the content and we can wait for the future DLC contents to be released that is coming like the normal DLCs that were purchased through the Nintendo eShop correct? And second, they don't have a limited amount of time that we can play all the DLCs unlike Pokemon Bank correct?

Once you buy the Season Pass, you can download all the DLC for free when they come out, and you will have access to them forever.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Once you buy the Season Pass, you can download all the DLC for free when they come out, and you will have access to them forever.

Oh good, thanks for answering that.

Now I got my answer, I'll thinking of planning of selling some of my non-video game stuff that I'm not using it anymore and save up to $45 and get the Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass when it comes out on May 19th.

Edited by King Marth 64

Season passes have been around forever. Basically you get access to all the DLC when it comes out for a bundle priced fee. It usually shaves a small amount off to make you basically preorder the dlc before its available.