Echoes will be the last main game for the 3DS

Harvey

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You do realize that the 3DS and Wii U both use the same servers as the Switch, right? All three connect to the eShop, all three connect to your Nintendo Network ID. If Nintendo keeps using the Nintendo Network ID, then the Internet service for the 3DS and Wii U won't end.

And what if to maintain or to cut the costs of servers needed infavor of making online gaming better, they decide to only shut down the servers for 3DS and Wii U and maintain those servers alone for switch.

It can happen....

On 5/5/2017 at 9:01 AM, Ronman5 said:

Yeah its a honest fact though... since the Switch is both Mobile and Console built into one... with that premise the 3DS is irrelevant...

Now we play the waiting game... I suppose most 3DS's will phase out.. but Switch doesn't have backwards compatibility with 3DS games as far as I know..

From what I remember reading, that's because the Switch isn't supposed to be a successor to the 3DS.

Sad, but to be fair...not only is it a better option to switch over to the newer console...I think that if they continue to make remakes of future FE games...it would be rather hard with the 3DS. I mean think about it...with what we know with FE Echoes:Shadows Of Valentcia and how much effort and resources was put into it...I doubt that they could do that again with FE4 without REALLY spending some cash. It's most likely easier, and more cost efficient. It also means more space too.

To give a good example, Awakening was 8,579 blocks or a little over 1 GB.

Fates: Conquest was 12,544 blocks (864 Blocks if bought as DLC for Birthright: ) 

.Fates: Birthright was 12,467 blocks.(787 Blocks if bought as DLC for Conquest: )

13,331 free blocks in all with those two paths. A little more if you add Revelations to the mix. Thats about 2-3 GBs right there! Considering what we know already about Echoes, I'm sure it will be more then that! So, with that in mind...a remake of FE 4, 5, 6 & 7(whether together as one game or apart as usual), and etc., which are most likely bigger games(in a sense anyway) would be rather money consuming. So what better way to get loads of money then to jump to a console with more capabilities, more space, and honestly, another place to attract new and old fans onto the new console! Something they need to do since if they need bigger cartridges for their games, they're gonna need the money for that and while the 3DS could POSSIBLE pull it off...you can only push that thing so far! Besides, with Fire Emblem as big as it is now, it would be better to be on the rising platform.

(I know I kinda repeated myself, but the point still stands! :Joshua:)