Echoes will be the last main game for the 3DS

Harvey

Yeah its a honest fact though... since the Switch is both Mobile and Console built into one... with that premise the 3DS is irrelevant...

Now we play the waiting game... I suppose most 3DS's will phase out.. but Switch doesn't have backwards compatibility with 3DS games as far as I know..

Echoes is the last FE game for the 3ds. Thank you Captain Obvious now indulge my curiosity and give me more groundbreaking news and information. Tell me more how you found this bit of groundbreaking news so fast?

I'm glad they took the time to officially announce this. Since Warriors is multiplat, and we're only four months out from a time where most people would guess the next game would be a Switch exclusive before they announced the next two games would be available on 3DS. Asking whether FE Switch is multiplatform is a totally reasonable question at this point.

Let's be real, we're the last people to count on for info on what developers are doing. For all we know, FE Switch is a 2D linear platformer, or its Fire Emblem: Happy Castle Designer where you build My Castles for different legacy characters.

Edited by Gustavos

Not surprising, but still a little sad. I will miss being able to play Fire Emblem on the go like that. Sure it will be on the Switch, which is technically portable as well, but its not exactly the same as the 3ds. But we did get 3 main Fire Emblem games to release on the 3DS, which I would say is great.

Just more incentive to buy the Switch now.

On 5/5/2017 at 7:35 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Expected, really, the console's getting pretty old in console years.

I've seen plenty of people saying they'd stay on the 3DS to do more "Echoes" games.

I'm just happy that if we'll ever see Jugdral again, it'll be in HD.

Edited by Slumber

5 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Thank God. The 3DS screen is unbearable to look at in the year of our lord 2017.

I think the 3ds looks fantastic.

Then again I started with an Atari and I'm grateful to be able to play games like Ocarina, Majora's mask, DQVIII, Smash and others in my hands - something I never would have been able to dream of as a child.

Kids these days really don't appreciate how far we've come. The 3ds is an incredible machine.

8 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Thank God. The 3DS screen is unbearable to look at in the year of our lord 2017.

Maybe so..but then there's going to be a problem of porting Awakening/Fates/Echoes to the newer systems due to the games using dual-screen gaming.

14 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Maybe so..but then there's going to be a problem of porting Awakening/Fates/Echoes to the newer systems due to the games using dual-screen gaming.

Why would they get ported over?

17 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Why would they get ported? Well, maybe VC? But to answer your question, Shadow Dragon is on the WiiU virtual console. So I doubt it would be a problem

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why would they get ported over?

Uh....when after like decades pass and that it will be harder to get both the respective systems and their main games? Plus by then, the games would meet demand?

Shadow Dragon is on the WiiU virtual console

Yeah...its on the least selling console by Nintendo which is getting discontinued soon....

And how is Switch going to handle DS/3DS games?

Edited by Harvey

Just now, Harvey said:

Uh....when after like decades pass and that it will be harder to get both the respective systems and their main games? Plus by then, the games would meet demand?

That's why Virtual Console exists, and as mentioned above, the Wii U could handle DS games just fine.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

Ahhhh I see... You are talking about distant future, not near future. My bad

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Yeah...its on the least selling console by Nintendo which is getting discontinued soon....

And how is Switch going to handle DS/3DS games?

You aren't wrong about the Wii U. The Switch has a touch screen... I think?

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

But to answer your question, Shadow Dragon is on the WiiU virtual console. So I doubt it would be a problem

Yes, though Wii U was advantaged in allowing screen options like top screen on the TV and touch screen on the gamepad, The Switch won't be capable of that. I've played Shadow Dragon on my Wii U and I had to hold the screen inches from my face to see anything when both screens are being rendered side by side on the gamepad. But the DS and 3DS era games thankfully only have touch controls as an optional control method, and you can play the games 100% with buttons. DS games dependent on touch will be relegated to handheld mode only, and I think Nintendo hates the idea of inaccessable games. We'll see if that applies to VC whenever the hell they officially confirm VC is coming to switch.

5 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

The Switch has a touch screen... I think?

It does, it just rarely uses it. VOEZ is the only Switch game that can only be played undocked and it uses exclusively touch screen controls iirc.

1 hour ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

You aren't wrong about the Wii U. The Switch has a touch screen... I think?

Its not about the Switch having a touch screen or not nor is it about how powerful the Switch is for it to port VC games because OBVIOUSLY, its powerful enough(heck I can say the same for the 3DS as well but whatever..)

The main problem that Switch has that can't make DS/3DS games happen is the resolution. Majority of the DS & 3DS games implemented dual screen gaming which have their own resolutions. Putting those games on the Switch's screen can be a problem since the Switch cannot sync the top screen on the TV because the Switch is designed to only be played either on TV or on the system itself.

Their best bet is to then cram in two screens in portrait mode since landscape will either shrink the screen size to match or will stretch it further worsening the quality of the graphics. But even then, how can they still be played if the tablet's stand was designed for the landscape and not for portrait? And the joy cons can only be attached in landscape mode as well..

Again, for now, it might not be a problem..but when Nintendo decides to end the internet service for 3DS/Wii U, 3DS supply starts to get rare as well as the games & when the systems start going on retro market(the DS has already started on that as of now), it will start demand for the games on those systems just like how there is demand for GCN, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, Wii & DS.

10 hours ago, Harvey said:

but when Nintendo decides to end the internet service for 3DS/Wii U,

You do realize that the 3DS and Wii U both use the same servers as the Switch, right? All three connect to the eShop, all three connect to your Nintendo Network ID. If Nintendo keeps using the Nintendo Network ID, then the Internet service for the 3DS and Wii U won't end.