So...about Bartre...why do people like him?

Harvey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Harvey said:

So I am curious about what is special about Barte..why do people like this guy?

FE7 mostly memes and some of his supports. 

in FE6, its because he's the only good Warrior in the game with a monstrous 22/23 base str, with an ok Bow rank (people usually go Echidna's route still however because its easier).

Plus people just like his boisterous personality.

Edited by Jedi

They are jealous of his waifu

I think he is popular for the same reason that some really bad movies become popular.

Although he isn't bad in either of his games...

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

They are jealous of his waifu

I think he is popular for the same reason that some really bad movies become popular.

Although he isn't bad in either of his games...

I'd argue he's pretty lame in FE7 because of his base speed, but that can be fixed fairly easily outside of LTC haha. 

Also is it wrong that I want Bartre voiced by Schwarzenegger?

Just now, Jedi said:

I'd argue he's pretty lame in FE7 because of his base speed, but that can be fixed fairly easily outside of LTC haha. 

Because of all of the defend maps, He is actually pretty easy to train up in LTC play. And that 40% growth is quite good on him.

I always think of his voice as a slightly less gravely Popeye. LOL

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Because of all of the defend maps, He is actually pretty easy to train up in LTC play. And that 40% growth is quite good on him.

I always think of his voice as a slightly less gravely Popeye. LOL

Yeah honestly I always get his and Dorcas's growths mixed up lol, also add that he gets to fight alot of lance users too, I played HHM recently. My first time playing FE7 in quite some time and I had forgotten how lance heavy the early game is. 

Hahahahaha, that voice works. 

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'd like that too.

I usually use Dart or Geitz so I don't know that much about Bartre...

So basically, I don't like or hate him.

I don't think Bartre's popular. As far as I recall, he's one of the most unpopular in the cast.

He does share the dual-appearance with Karel though, so that's something going for him. 

1 hour ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I don't think Bartre's popular. As far as I recall, he's one of the most unpopular in the cast.

He does share the dual-appearance with Karel though, so that's something going for him. 

Unpopular would imply things like him not making it into stuff like Heroes, so thats kind of moot.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Unpopular would imply things like him not making it into stuff like Heroes, so thats kind of moot.

He scored very low in the Heroes poll.

The reason for him being put into Heroes was definitely not his popularity.

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

He scored very low in the Heroes poll.

The reason for him being put into Heroes was definitely not his popularity.

Being recognizable is probably the better terminology here, my bad on that. 

He's probably one of the most recognizable axe fighters purely from being in fe7. 

Just now, Jedi said:

Being recognizable is probably the better terminology here, my bad on that. 

He's probably one of the most recognizable axe fighters purely from being in fe7. 

Yeah, I think you're right with Bartre's inclusion. He's best representative for axe users across the gba-series. Especially when he's required if you want to recruit Karla. 

I'm just a bit confused on the topic since Bartre isn't exactly a well-received character. He's not widely hated or anything, but he's just kinda there as a part of the cast. 

He eats books and beats up nerds before growing up to be a proper father, which are three things I respect deeply.

That said, given that SF is mostly nerds, he's not really that popular.

I found his Fir support funny (Fiiiir! Fiiiiir! Where are you, my daughter?), and the Canas support was cool with the mutual goal of helping each other overcome their shortcomings, beyond that I don't care much for him.

Why don't we talk about how in the fuck Dorcas got Top 15 in the poll.

I mean, I'm not complaining.

And no, that dumb meme is far from an excuse.

They... they don't.... almost no one on SF likes him

where did you get the idea that people do

are you just going to keep making threads of "WHY DO PEOPLE X" when people do not in fact, do x

Edited by unique

2 hours ago, unique said:

are you just going to keep making threads of "WHY DO PEOPLE X" when people do not in fact, do x

The reason I made the thread is because I saw a lot of people into Bartre...and its not about him being terrible but rather that he's a good character and some of the best characters atleast in terms of personality. 

2 hours ago, unique said:

I think he sees a few people talking about X in one topic, then decides to make another thread on another topic acting like X is a big deal, and asks why.

Not really sure where he's getting the "Wow, people love Bartre" idea, though. He's not even the best/most interesting FE7 Warrior with a playable relative in FE6.

He's not as popular as you might be thinking, but he's still kinda cool in my opinion. Brash and rough fighter, wins the heart of Karla of all people, and seeing him as a parent in FE6 was pretty moving (depressing as hell to be honest).

He's not really that popular since he isn't a pretty boy or a waifu. He mostly gets exposure since he's a recognizable character who showed up in both FE6 and 7 and Fir is popular so he comes along so he can continue his overbearing father routine gag.