Little details that you like in Heroes?

IGdood

I'm curious: how many people expected this to be a low-effort title?

I feel like the recurring theme is here is an appreciation for accurately (well, more or less) portraying the characters in voice, text and especially appearence. They're all applied to more or less the same animations (Exceptions noted here, basically), but they're character-accurate which is impressive because most of the games themselves use generic sprites with a unique head or color pallet. It wasn't until Echoes, really ,where unique models and animations became the norm (for their base classes); even Awakening & Fates had a lot of overlap outside the heads. And that game had a tiny cast; even at launch, Heroes has more characters in it.

I'll admit, I didn't think there would be much to it. Generalized bodies, limited voices, etc. So to me, that stuff stands out a lot more than maybe it would have otherwise.

Bartre's tiny moustache always gets a giggle. And I love how when armour units come and visit, there's always an accompanying *thump* *thump* sound from their heavy armour. 

Edited by komasa

4 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Some wyverns have hands (e.g. Minerva's and Michalis') and some don't (e.g. Camilla's).

Are they different species?:lol:

They are. Even between games in the same world (looking at you, Tellius) dragon mounts can look different. Sometimes it is explained, sometimes it isn't.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

They are. Even between games in the same world (looking at you, Tellius) dragon mounts can look different. Sometimes it is explained, sometimes it isn't.

Really? I never noticed that. I never turn on battle animation in games other than Heroes.

I understand they may be like dinosaurs, some stand on two legs while some stand on four. But I thought all dinosaurs have the same number of legs (or legs + wings). So these wyverns should be very far from each other in the evolution tree.