Little details that you like in Heroes?

IGdood

What are some little details that you noticed in Heroes that you really like?  Could be anything, from graphics to lines to references.

I like how the mounts for the same class are series specific.

Nohrian horses have the dark, Gothic (as in Medieval Holy Roman Empire) plate armor.

Elibian (well, everything before FE 13) horses don't wear much except for Marcus', which wears a caparison.

Ylissean horses have that characteristic round shield mounted on the hindquarters.  I forgot if Nohrian cavalier horses also wore one of those.

I forgot if Pegasi have differing equipment throughout the series.

I think most units have mounts that are totally specific to them, if not in their armor and whatnot, then their colors. That's pretty cool I agree. 

TBH one of my favorite things is the little norse runes on the backgrounds and such, like the symbol of Askr on the loading screen and stuff like that. It's a simple touch but I really like the aesthetics of them haha~

The spring characters have lots of cute details. Camilla's wyvern is covered in flowers, Xander's horse is chomping on a carrot, Lucina's idle animation has her rabbit ears bob with the breeze.

There's not a lot of lines, but I like how they all maintain their character from the games. I mean even at this point, there's a ton of units from all sorts of games and it would have been easy to just not care about it. It's not fine literature and FE characters are so defined by s i n g u l a r c h a r a c t e r t r a i t, but it's appreciated. Related, I also appreciate that every character has a unique level 40 5* conversation.

I love all the little details put in. However, I most appreciate that they have not only given each unit unique redrawn art, but they have actually dubbed the whole thing in English, too. I play Tales of Link, or I did, but I usually had the voices off. This, I enjoy listening to :) It's not a little detail, but something I've found myself made very happy by, time and time again :) 

Also, they've been mentioned before, but Zephiel's little sword spin and Alm's left handed sprite is awesome :D I hope they continue to add little details like that, along with the mounts. 

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Also, they've been mentioned before, but Zephiel's little sword spin and Alm's left handed sprite is awesome :D I hope they continue to add little details like that, along with the mounts. 

Ike gets the same treatment with his classic combat stance in the pre-special attack pose, and he also puts his sword over his shoulder in his idle pose :)

What I really like from Heroes maybe will sound dumb to many people, but it is... The fast load times. Admittedly, I've only tried one other gacha, FFRK, but I lasted less than a couple of days because the load times were insufferable, every transition from one screen or menu to the other ws really slow. Heroes menu transition is quite agile, fitting to a game that's supposed to be played on the go.

5 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Ike gets the same treatment with his classic combat stance in the pre-special attack pose, and he also puts his sword over his shoulder in his idle pose :)

What I really like from Heroes maybe will sound dumb to many people, but it is... The fast load times. Admittedly, I've only tried one other gacha, FFRK, but I lasted less than a couple of days because the load times were insufferable, every transition from one screen or menu to the other ws really slow. Heroes menu transition is quite agile, fitting to a game that's supposed to be played on the go.

Oddly, it's the other way round for me. FFRK actually loads pretty quickly, but Heroes can get stuck for me, just spinning at the start of the game or the end of a map. I think that might be more related to the device ^.^''

I hope there's more unique animations like that. Ofc, not every unit needs them, but some would benefit :)

54 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oddly, it's the other way round for me. FFRK actually loads pretty quickly, but Heroes can get stuck for me, just spinning at the start of the game or the end of a map. I think that might be more related to the device ^.^''

I hope there's more unique animations like that. Ofc, not every unit needs them, but some would benefit :)

I think Masked Lucina will get one meant to mirror her usual pose. Though my brother insists that Ike's special battle pose is just the axe pose imposed on a sword wielder.

I think the clothes are very well detailed for chibi sprites, and without talking about generics, you can recognise every character.

The expresions on the characters are a good one too, like you can see Leo and Takumi have a more serious look, and then you have lil Nino all smiley

I like that Ike got his unique pose of sword-over-the-shoulder when you see his sprite after summoning him. ^^

I also appreciate the attention to detail on the sprites and giving voices to everyone. Such dedication!

I definitely appreciate the amount of attention to detail in all of the character sprites/chibis, and it's especially cool to me that for all of the horse/flying mount units, not a single mount looks the same. 

The sprite's detail is surely well made, both in aesthetics and animation.

What I really like is actually quite the opposite, though. This game's user interface is very well-polished and easy to use. Other mobile games I have played have too many colorful buttons and signs everywhere, and my sight gets tired just by looking at it. The details on FEH's interface are very pleasant and takes some time to notice, but they don't drag unnecessary attention.

Character-specific, I like that the "You fool!" line from Bartre and Gonzalez's supports became one of the former's skill quotes, and I like that Zephiel does the sword twirl like he does in FE6.

Otherwise I appreciate the maps and how they correspond to a chapter from the main series, but condensed.

In general, the careful detail on everyone's costumes (all of them very accurate to the games they came from) is really cool, down to little tassels hanging off peoples' clothes, the fancy cloak clasp designs, and also headbands. I mean, they even have a tiny bit of the metal of Lissa's skirt frame poking out from underneath her skirt!

I love Alm's unique left-handed animations...though the effect is diminished somewhat because they just mirrored his sprite during the World of Shadows Paralogues when he's an enemy, so he holds his sword and attacks with his right hand, and also on the Home screen when he's standing on the right side of the room. Dammit IS why'd you have to get lazy when you were doing so much right

The fact that every single Holy/Legendary weapon, even the designs on the covers of the tomes, are pretty dead-on accurate to the much larger art is something I appreciate a lot.

Cape and cloak lengths are nothing thing they paid careful attention to - Kagero has her shorter scarf in comparison to everyone else's cloaks stopping just before they hit the ground, and the end length of Sanaki's robe bunches and trails on the ground just like it does in Radiant Dawn, and it's too adorable for words.

...And one thing I just realized. Excalibur's cover is a sword-like design...which makes no sense for a wind mage tome, but makes all the sense for a King Arthur reference. I feel a little silly right about now...

There's so many small things that I thoroughly enjoy about this game.  Some have already been pointed out by others above, but to reiterate some..

Ike's idle animation of him holding Ragnell or whatever sword he's using over his shoulder.

Spring!Camilla's wyvern being decked out in flowers.

Spring!Xander's horse munching on a carrot.

Spring!Lucina's hurt artwork has her bunny hat look sad and the ears droop.

Zephiel's spin and Alm's left handed stuffs.

Hector's special artwork has Armads bearing some runic symbols that look awesome.

Male!Corrin's special artwork has him growing a tail.

I like the little gold sparkles around the character and in the backgroud of the Stats page when they are 5 star. Makes you feel more accomplished getting them there or having them.

Even 4 stars have small silver saprkles in the background of the stats/talk page. I like details like those

I really like how every character has their own lines and they're entirely dubbed in English. It's a small thing but those little touches r what make or break games for me. Of course, since it's FE I'd play it anyway, but it makes it much more appealing. 

I also really like how they arnt just giving us the most popular characters, there's lots of minor characters with smaller fan bases that r already in the game.