Replaying Fates: How to rebalance parent and child units

Raybrand

Hi,

I plan on replaying the 3 fates campaigns and on this play though I'm wondering how should I go about making child and parent units more even. In awakening when units started approaching max level I only allowed parent units to equip the "All Stats +2" to make them more even. In both Fates and Awakening it felt really silly that these characters who have direct relationships to the main characters/royal family and directly involved in the current events are less suited to combat than their kids who have much less personal stake (at least not until the third half of the game).

In Fates I all together avoided child units, it felt wrong that I should be at a disadvantage for not replacing my parent unit with child units even despite the that it is much more the parent's fight than the later generation's fight. However there is plenty of space for both parent and child units and I would like to try and design my own child units without feeling the need to abuse the mechanic or rely on them more than any other unit. But going through the list of skills I'm not sure how to rebalance the units without the "All Stats +2" I don't think there is one single skill that can make their stats and ability more even. Wish they made a dlc with parent exclusive skills or equipment.

Just FYI most people do not consider the child units better than the parent units in this game, as per current discussion going on here:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/71523-child-units-are-better-than-their-parents/

So I'm not sure what balance is really needed. Parent units would utterly annihilate child units if they had exclusive access to All Stats +2 in this game.

This is my response, I added some calculations to show that I believe the +2 skill is a fair skill to use to re-balance the units, but I haven't used child units in fates so I don't know if the problem is fixed but I've herd the mechanic hasn't changed from awakening.

In this game I only get the kids that I really want or if their in a class I like for example by recruiting Velourie I get another wolfskin, or by getting Percy I get another wyvern rider, Sophie grants me another cavalier and I really like Shiro's personality, Ignitus seems cool but I wouldn't say they're better than the parents. That's only if you're willing to do a lot of grinding which how it works in this game I can only take so much grinding. I liked it better in Awakening where I could just select my favorite DLC maps and fight against entire armies my favorite was the one where you got Limit Breaker I loved that map as it had a good defense castle theme for it. In this game you can only grind on Boo Camp unless you play Birthright or Revalations

I would definitely say that the problem has been fixed; the child units are usually on-par with their parents, rarely better, and sometimes worse.