CYL Woes

Probably the most anticipated update is the Choose Your Legends characters, Lyn, Roy, Ike and Lucina. The assumption is that they'll all appear in a single focus, but have you noticed something about them? They're all swords. I can tell you from the experience of the Wyvern banner that making all the focus characters the same color is a recipe for woe. Not only do you risk not pulling the color you want, but each character is now competing for that one color, so good luck pulling the character you want the most.

Now, I'm aware (and hope) that the characters might be using their alternate weapons which would lead to a balanced colorless/red/green/blue focus but nothing is certain. Is anyone concerned about how this possible banner will play out? I sense a number of dedicated F2P players are going to be breaking some vows.

They may get creative with the color choices. I mean, Lucina already has several different versions of herself that are already in the game or otherwise confirmed:

-Red: Future Witness; (masked variant)

-Blue: Spring Exalt

There's also Robin:

-Blue: High Deliverer

-Green: Mystery Tactician

-It's possible for male Robin's Christmas costume to be either a sword or a lance infantry unit.

13 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

They may get creative with the color choices. I mean, Lucina already has several different versions of herself that are already in the game or otherwise confirmed:

-Red: Future Witness; (masked variant)

-Blue: Spring Exalt

There's also Robin:

-Blue: High Deliverer

-Green: Mystery Tactician

-It's possible for male Robin's Christmas costume to be either a sword or a lance infantry unit.

I would still consider Male and Female Robin a little more than simply different versions.

Multiple banners seems like a little too much to hope for, but it would be nice, but at the same time, then it would be harder to get all of them quickly.

I wonder, would people be happier or more upset if you could just choose one of the 4 characters as a gift at the expense of not getting the other ones. I feel like CYL ought to be special in some capacity as it's literally a selection of fan favorites. A regular 4 character focus is a little mundane, is it not?

7 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I wonder, would people be happier or more upset if you could just choose one of the 4 characters as a gift at the expense of not getting the other ones. I feel like CYL ought to be special in some capacity as it's literally a selection of fan favorites. A regular 4 character focus is a little mundane, is it not?

Yeah, but how would they rake in the cash? $$$ comes first lmao.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, but how would they rake in the cash? $$$ comes first lmao.

Hah, no doubt. I'm sure the CYL banner will fund FE Switch by itself.

could be bow lyn axe ike and lance lucina

that'd be one of each color

that's what I'm hoping for, personally

maybe roy will actually get distant counter this time too

Edited by unique

34 minutes ago, unique said:

maybe roy will actually get distant counter this time too

I'll probably hoard my orbs in case this happens. Even if it isn't I'll still hoard orbs.

Maybe they'll split them across two banners?

I don't think they would put 4 characters of the same color onto a banner... would they?

54 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Lyn in her fur trim with a bow.

This would be AMAZING. The perfect opportunity for a Bow Lyn!

2 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I don't think they would put 4 characters of the same color onto a banner... would they?

The Wyvern banner was full green.

I fully expect alt weapons tbh.  Making them all swordies would be boring.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Gold Banner: Ike & Lyn, possibly hangers on (Mist and Florina?)

Silver Banner: Roy & Lucina, also possibly hangers on (...Lilina and Chrom? Odin?)

I could suggest their regular counterparts, but that makes the problem worse: now we have two red-only banners.

...Oh, darnit, Lilina and Chrom are both red...

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

The Wyvern banner was full green.

I fully expect alt weapons tbh.  Making them all swordies would be boring.

Wow, I already forgot about that.

But yes, alternate weapons would be neat.

Chrom could wield a lance in his promoted class if I recall correctly, so they could do that for Lucina.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Lyn in her fur trim with a bow.

Ike with his father's cape and axe.

Lucina with tattered clothes and a lance.

Roy with a reflected portrait and a shinier sword.

Bow Lyn is pretty obvious as is Urvan (or Greil) Ike. Don't really know for the other two but another version of the same character with the same weapon when there are literally dozens of characters that probably still want a spot in this game is amazingly redundant. Roy is a good enough character on his own to not have a second version. I'm still scratching my head at

Spoiler

Lucina basically getting another slot in the form of a disguise. We know it's Lucina and NOT Marth. And added to the fact that Marth is already in the game. There are so many sword units that would like a spot in an already saturated category. Now we're about to have 2 sword Lucinas? Edward? Mia? Guy? Gerik? Dieck? Oujay? Sigurd? Leaf?

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Bow Lyn is pretty obvious as is Urvan (or Greil) Ike. Don't really know for the other two but another version of the same character with the same weapon when there are literally dozens of characters that probably still want a spot in this game is amazingly redundant. Roy is a good enough character on his own to not have a second version. I'm still scratching my head at

Hide contents

Lucina basically getting another slot in the form of a disguise. We know it's Lucina and NOT Marth. And added to the fact that Marth is already in the game. There are so many sword units that would like a spot in an already saturated category. Now we're about to have 2 sword Lucinas? Edward? Mia? Guy? Gerik? Dieck? Oujay? Sigurd? Leaf?

Roy with Distant Counter Binding Blade is wish fulfillment.

Spoiler

Sigurd has a horse, so I don't know what he's doing in that list. I'd suggest Ayra to replace him.

Yeah, I rather hope they're not all in one banner, but it's the most obvious way to go.

I'm bracing myself for possibly winding up with Lucina (who I'd send home instantly unless she somehow looks cool or has a skill I wouldn't mind taking), Roy (meh), or Lyn (meh) instead of Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

And Lucina with.... errr. a Lance stuck in her head.

Still carrying salt from the gauntlet eh?

Spoiler

I feel the same way

If Lyn indeed has a bow, I'm gonna be hype! She'll be my first, one, and only bow user.

I wanted Faye, but I didn't get her, which may have been a sign.

35 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Lyn with Bow.
Ike with Axe.
Roy with his mother's dragonstone.
And Lucina with.... errr. a Lance stuck in her head.

But Roy's mother has not been nor probably ever will be confirmed by something like that.

Also, salty enough?

20 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I sense a number of dedicated F2P players are going to be breaking some vows.

I suffered this problem during the Spring banner.  I drew 6... @#$%#$%#$ Spring Chroms and not a SINGLE Camilla.  Suffice to say I was upset.  I did not break down and pay out... because quite franking I think Nintendo is asking entirely too much.  I should have probably popped 50 dollars just to say I've payed to cover my current playtime.  But I'm still hoping for a monthly deal of some sort.