• Est
    • Sonia
    • Rinea
    • Mila
    • Ilma
    • Nuibaba

This poll is closed to new votes

echoes-face-collage.jpg

Hi all! With the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia available for a while now and the English version coming very soon, we'd like to know how our members feel about the cast.

Of course, we realise not everybody fully understands every character. That's why we'll probably hold another poll when the game is available in all regions. For now, you can base your opinions off their profiles, translated dialogue or just their appearances.

This poll will end some time before 19th May 2017, when the game launches in the West.

Also, feel free to post about your thoughts or anything!

Rules:

1) You can vote for as many or as few characters as possible. Of course, if you spread your votes too much, it may not be very beneficial.

2) Please don't create accounts to spam votes. (Nevermind it's against the rules to have multiple accounts.) Likewise, no proxy votes please. This poll is just for fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Notes:

1) If I missed any characters, you can vote by using this syntax: [Other: Character's name]

2) The missing space at the end is supposed to be Shizas.

Edited by VincentASM

Honestly, from what i have seen so far, I would not be surprised if Alm and Celica end up becoming my favorite Lords. The chemistry between Gray and Tobin and Mae and Boey is amazing insert mandatory "shut up Tobin" here. Faye has grown on me the past couple of weeks to the point where she's probably gonna end up being one of my favorite characters from this game.

Went Mycen and Celica, since that's what I would have picked going off of Gaiden. Maybe switch Mycen for Rudolph if the mood striked me. I'm extremely interested in how the remake will write these two characters. And I chose Celica since most of the women had almost no connection to the plot or other characters. But naturally I expect the remake to flesh them out a bit more.

Gray, Tobin, and Boey for males, Genny and Palla for females.

I really enjoy Tobin and Gray's interactions, and I'm glad they have a decent spotlight on them. 

Boey is more about his growths, with his weirdly high Defense and HP making me love him as a unit. Tanky mages are fuuuun. That said, I like his character from what I've seen so far, although it's nothing particularly special.

Genny is also due to her weirdly fun growths. Her very high Strength makes me want to use my Villager's Fork on her right away make her a Mage, and I'll probably do so. She's also adorable in and out of supports, and might be my current favorite character.

Palla is Palla. She's still a favorite of mine after first playing FE11, and I'm glad this game happened if only so that she can be a good unit again unlike Heroes :(.

I decided to limit myself, so I picked Alm, Celica, Gray, Clair, Boey and Mae.

I just love Alm and Celica so much. They definitely have taken my top spots as my favourite lords (Sorry Marth and Hector). They are designed so amazingly and I believe the romance between them and also their reuniting scene made me tear up, so I can only imagine what that will do to me, in English.

As for Gray, I love him and just how snarky he is. Tobin is second to him but since I limited myself to the lords, and 1 male per side and 1 female per side, I could only pick Gray.

Boey is hilarious and I already love his interaction with Mae. Despite his growths being lackluster, he will probably be one of those units who I raise no matter what.

Clair is lovely. Peg knight is my favourite class and I love her design. SHE HAS PANTS GUYS!!!!! Plus her interactions with Gray are hilarious, and besides Clive and Mathilda, they are my favourite new ship.

Mae. Just Mae. While I went from loving her, to liking he moderately, I have now gone back to adoring her. She is best girl, anyone that says other wise is uncultured swine, 1v1 on Club Penguin.

Kliff/Boey/Kamui for males. Mae/Clair/Delthea (and Catria!) for females. I have yet to see if there will be more added to this list, however...

Alm, Kliff, Zeke, and Deen for guys.
Mathilda, Celica and Delthea for girls.

I dunno why, but the first three lords of the series are my absolute favourites.

Kliff because he's so adorable. Zeke because... well, Zeke. and I love his attire. a lot. Deen because I love his hair, and Swordfighter bias, that too.

Mathilda for being the best Cavalier type character, aside from Zeke, and she looks really cool in this game too. Delthea for also being adorable.

Edited by Whitewolf8

I'm at Chapter 3, having cleared Celica's part but not Alm's. I'm going to vote for whoever I like in-game.

Mae because she kills everything with her awesome Attack and Speed. Boey, Celica and Genny for being less over-the-top but still decent magical killers. So basically the entire starting party of Celica's side.

Also voting for Alm, Faye, Lukas and Valbar for being excellent meat shields with decent Defence. And Catria for speed. And Kamui for generally being a better person than Kamui.

That's 10 people. I think I should stop here.

25 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

And Kamui for generally being a better person than Kamui.

So is this a typo or are you comparing Kamui to Corrin? 

Anyway, I voted for Gray, Mycen and Jesse, the latter of which surprised me with his likeability, at least that's how I understood it with my insufficient Japanese. Funnily enough I think Mycen is the one who has benefitted the most from this remake by the look of things. He gets to be considerably more badass while also getting some very touching moments. The guy's great.

As for the women, I voted for Catria for destroying everything in my path and looking awesome while doing so, and Silque. The poor lass deserved better than only having one support with Faye.

I fully expect to vote somewhat differently when the game is released in the West and I can understand everything the characters are saying.

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Thane said:

So is this a typo or are you comparing Kamui to Corrin? 

It's a Corrin joke. From your reaction, I think I've failed at attempting humour.

I do honestly like Kamui though.

Picked a bunch of cool peeps for both genders. I really like most of this cast.

Surprised to see Duma and Mila on this poll. Speaking of Duma, I find it a bit ironic, but also poetic, that Duma's voice actor is also the narrator for this game. It's like he actually is a benevolent dragon rooting for humans, but his mind is just clouded by madness.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Surprised to see Duma and Mila on this poll. Speaking of Duma, I find it a bit ironic, but also poetic, that Duma's voice actor is also the narrator for this game. It's like he actually is a benevolent dragon rooting for humans, but his mind is just clouded by madness.

Sorry for this question, but isn't Duma supposed to be actually like that? A guy that tought he was doing a favor to humanity by making strong, but over time became mad for some reason? Or am I missing something?

Anyway:

Males: Alm(seems to be a potentitally fantastic from what I've seen), Gray(what I read of him and his dialogues made me already love him a lot), Masked Knight(this guy doesn't seem to be relevant to the story all that much, but damn if his "dual personality" doesn't make me love him already)

Females: I went with Celica and Delthea. Nothing deep, I just like the bits of dialogues thst I read of them.

Just now, The Malign Knight said:

Sorry for this question, but isn't Duma supposed to be actually like that? A guy that tought he was doing a favor to humanity by making strong, but over time became mad for some reason? Or am I missing something?

Anyway:

Males: Alm(seems to be a potentitally fantastic from what I've seen), Gray(what I read of him and his dialogues made me already love him a lot), Masked Knight(this guy doesn't seem to be relevant to the story all that much, but damn if his "dual personality" doesn't make me love him already)

Females: I went with Celica and Delthea. Nothing deep, I just like the bits of dialogues thst I read of them.

Yeah, I phrased it awkwardly; I meant to say that that little detail brings out that part of him.

Alm, Grey, Tobin, Saber, Leon, Luthier, DEAN, Jesse, Zeke

Celica, Mae, Palla

Honestly though, this cast is definitely one of my most loved overall - there really aren't any true duds.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Alm, Clive and Atlas for the guys, and Clair, Mathilda and Celica for the gals.

Alm and Celica are self-explanatory because glorious lords, they play off each other well and their JP VA work's great.

Clive is here because he's a suave man who suave-d his way into landing a war goddess.

Atlas because that death quote killed me.

Clair because Peg Knight and her interactions with Gray are neat.

Mathilda because she's the war goddess. And her ending is honestly great.

I like everybody but I decided to restrain myself from voting for everyone for the poll

For males: Alm, Gray, Zeke and Lukas

For females: Catria, Tatiana, Mila and Nuibaba 

Alm is pretty self-explanatory, I simply love Gray's interactions with Tobin, Zeke and Lukas are mostly because their desings are amazing.

Catria is due being the best Whitewing and her desing does her justice, Tatiana has that cheerful/klutz girl going for her and I find that endearing for some reason, Nuibaba mostly for the lulz but I like her updated design.

Mila has that Greek goddess aura to her (reminds me of Palutena from Kid Icarus) and the details from her design like the hair-wings, her horn and tail showing her draconic features are simply mesmerizing, and in my opinion she has the best design in the game. 

Opted for top 3 or each. Python, Zeke, and Deen for the guys and Clair, Delthea, and Mathilda for the ladies.

Like most everyone's design, though. Really the only design I don't really care for is Sonia's.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Just now, LoyalKing32 said:

I love everyone tbh. Except the asshole king and the dick who killed said asshole king. 

I wish I can delete comments. So I can actually get myself notified of comments from this thread.

So I made my choices based mostly on design since I'm waiting for the English version. Voted for Gray, Luthier, Zeke, Boey and Slayde for men and Silque, Clair, and Tatiana for women. After reading translated supports I wound up liking Tatiana a lot more than I thought I would (she comes across as so cute and a bit of a klutz)!

Haven't played Gaiden, so my votes are based purely off of design.

Male: Gray, Lukas, Boey
Female: Faye, Tatiana, Mae, Palla

I also really like Python and Celica, but they weren't stand-outs to me.