• Rinea
    • Mila
    • Ilma
    • Nuibaba

This poll is closed to new votes

I struggled to limit myself.

Males: Luthier, Python, Forsyth, Lukas, Conrad <3

Heroes actually made me like Lukas more xD

Female: Mathilda. She just seems the coolest to me :)

I voted for four per gender.  My votes are based mostly off of what I know from Gaiden and what little I've seen from the English footage.

With men, I voted for Gray, Mycen, Valbar, and Rudolf.  Gray is the most charming fellow that I've seen in this game, Mycen I've already expressed how much I like him, Valbar has a relevant backstory that adds to the world, and Rudolf is by leaps and bounds one of the best major antagonists in FE history, even by account of his relatively limited characterization in Gaiden.  I think for the latter three, my appreciation will only grow.

For ladies, I voted Catria, Palla, Mae, and Sonia.  We already know the former two so well, Mae's upbeat attitude is quite charming and she seems to play well off of Boey, and Sonia has a relevant and tragic background that I want to learn more about in this game.

I won't be surprised if several of these change post-release.  I have a lot to learn about this game and how it characterizes its cast.  Also, I haven't listed Alm and Celica because I put protagonists under heavier scrutiny, and until I've seen how they are throughout the entire story, I will reserve judgment.  Also because I hate bandwagoning and tend to prefer the supporting cast in shonen-esque media anyway.  The fact that the supporting cast will have more relevance to the plot will only compound this fact.

Alm, Gray, Saber, Boey, Lukas.

Celica, Clair, Mathilda, Tatiana, Sonya.

Based mostly on designs and the very little I know of them, except for Alm and Celica who I've seen more of (but still not a lot).

The lords both seem like a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see Celica be such a driven character, while Alm gives me the impression of being another Ike in the sense that he's not a very typical main lord. Excited to see them play off each other.

18 hours ago, Book Bro said:

while Alm gives me the impression of being another Ike in the sense that he's not a very typical main lord. Excited to see them play off each other.

Well,

Ike was originally meant to be a prince incognito like Alm and Alm kinda set the whole stereotype in the first place

so the comparison holds a fair bit of water. 

Male: Lukas, Forsyth, Leon
Female: Palla

Palla is due to Green Hair Bias.  Lukas seems like a pretty cool guy in Heroes.  Forsyth/Leon are kinda cute.

Not sure about Boey - he looks like the type I'd needle, maybe.

Based off of what I've seen in the english footage, and that I haven't played Gaiden:

-Male: Alm, Boey, Kliff, Gray, Leon 

I love Kliff's personality, and Gray's 'Shut up Tobin' is just the greatest. I obviously need to include Alm and Celica because ship they're pretty interesting characters lol. Boey and Mae's interactions are great, love them. Leon's design is cool too.

-Female: Delthea (her design is cute and I spoiled myself on a bit of her backstory), Celica, Mae, Genny (love her design)

Additionally, I like Faye's design but...didn't hear good things about her personality. Maybe the English version will improve her a bit?

tbh, everyone's design in this game is great

I freaking love Python and Jesse's designs and personalities, so they're my faves for male characters from both routes.

I also voted Gray because he's hilarious and I like his redesign a lot. Luthier is a likeable weirdo and Tobin kinda grew on me, especially for his interactions with Gray.

For female characters, I like Mae, Palla, and Sonya. Mae is pretty entertaining and pink is my fave color lol. Sonya's story is pretty complex and heartbreaking, yet she manages to keep a cool head despite her struggles, which is admirable. I voted Palla cause she always been my favorite of the Pegasister trio.

Shizas is totally gonna become a meme that, like, half of the people who play SoV won't get, isn't he?

On 5/13/2017 at 3:40 PM, desertbriar said:

Additionally, I like Faye's design but...didn't hear good things about her personality. Maybe the English version will improve her a bit?

This describes how I feel too much... or at least how I felt before details about the English version started being revealed.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.  I don't like the concept of Faye as a character, but then again, the concept of a racist fashionista who has a huge crush on one of the main characters doesn't sound too appealing, yet one such character is a favorite of mine.  Many who've played the Japanese version have said that Faye seemed awful at first, but that she grew on them.

47 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Many who've played the Japanese version have said that Faye seemed awful at first, but that she grew on them.

I haven't played the Japanese version, but when we started learning how Faye was like, I was slightly disappointed. But then people started comparing her to Tharja and i was like "No. Faye isn't that bad. In fact, if anything, Faye should be compared to Malica a.k.a the first Cleric from FE3/12 that no one remembers apparently." And after a few weeks, Faye just grew on me. Without spoiling it, i'm just gonna say that her A-Support with Alm honestly made me appreciate her.

Speaking of Supports, I find it cute that she loses Avoid when Supported by Alm, because she's distracted by him. Though she does get like the biggest boost in Hit-Rate so Cleric!Faye can actually use Nosferatu reliably, also, Cleric!Faye is God-tier from what i hear since she's able to learn Physic at such an early point in the game and thanks to her high Atk growth, she basically has infinite healing range, also the fact that she can serve as your Dancer when promoted into Saint (at the cost of 24 HP).

Also, her interactions with the other Ram Villagers in the beginning plus her interaction with Celica should Celica recruit her instead of Alm were pretty nice. Speaking of, does Faye even have Base Conversations on Celica's route? In the original, the thing where Celica could recruit Kliff was just an oversight on the developers' part but in Echoes, recruiting Kliff and Faye with Celica is an actual thing you can do, so i'm wondering if Kliff and Faye have their own Base Conversations on Celica's route.

I can still see why people wouldn't like Faye but i do think that she gets more hate than she actually deserves and i strongly disagree with the people who say she's Tharja 3.0.

My votes are mostly based on their designs and what little I've seen of the game. Overall the art team did such an amazing job on all the character designs, so props to them!

For males I voted for Boey and Saber. I'm just in love with Boey's design ever since I first saw it and I just really enjoy characters like Saber.

For females I went with Celica and Sonya. As with Boey I just loved Celica's new design when I saw it. For Sonya I just think she's really pretty and fanservice done right.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also, her interactions with the other Ram Villagers in the beginning plus her interaction with Celica should Celica recruit her instead of Alm were pretty nice. Speaking of, does Faye even have Base Conversations on Celica's route? In the original, the thing where Celica could recruit Kliff was just an oversight on the developers' part but in Echoes, recruiting Kliff and Faye with Celica is an actual thing you can do, so i'm wondering if Kliff and Faye have their own Base Conversations on Celica's route.

Unfortunately not. There's a special flag set so they must be in Alm's party for the conversations to unlock.

The developers were well prepared : P

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Unfortunately not. There's a special flag set so they must be in Alm's party for the conversations to unlock.

The developers were well prepared : P

Aw, that's a shame. Well, it seems there isn't really a reason to recruit Kliff and Faye with Celica, unless you're doing a special playthrough.