The Shadow Tactician: To Challenge Fate Feedback Thread

TheSilentChloey

9 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Hey welcome back mate :D:.  Firstly I was wondering if you were caught up with the new chapters and thankfully you are.  I guessed that you might have been a bit busy so whenever you have spare time your feedback as well as other's is appreciated

As for Inigo...well he's just a jerk.  You'll see more of it in the next chapter of ST.  So sorry no Grima shenanigans going on there!  Could be a nice touch though!

The next chapter though is going to be a doozy of chapter.  Mostly because Caleb is a stubborn young man at times...

Yeah, I couldn't get Lucina's Alias figured out until like two days ago, thanks to this, oddly enough. I might not be able to take a second look until next week due to a Square Dance Festival occurring this week, but if I can get any done this week I will.

Ah, but you would say that either way, though... This is certainly not a portrayal of Inigo I've seen before, and it's interesting to read, particularly as I believe I can tell why he became that way. Looking forward to future developments!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, I couldn't get Lucina's Alias figured out until like two days ago, thanks to this, oddly enough. I might not be able to take a second look until next week due to a Square Dance Festival occurring this week, but if I can get any done this week I will.

Ah, but you would say that either way, though... This is certainly not a portrayal of Inigo I've seen before, and it's interesting to read, particularly as I believe I can tell why he became that way. Looking forward to future developments!

I'm sure you'll find the twists most interesting to read when they come up in future chapters.  That said I am sure that we'll certainly see a lot more Alana and Robin action in this coming chapter (they need some growth damn it!) and there will be a growth moment for someone else too (naming no names here).

On 5/2/2018 at 1:08 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

there will be a growth moment for someone else too (naming no names here).

So Severa because apparently your boobs grow when you get pregnant in preparation for breastfeeding

Should be good, I'm looking forward to it, plus it gave me a decent idea for a separate writing project I had that I really ought to try and put up on here someday.

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

So Severa because apparently your boobs grow when you get pregnant in preparation for breastfeeding

Should be good, I'm looking forward to it, plus it gave me a decent idea for a separate writing project I had that I really ought to try and put up on here someday.

No, some good ol' fashion character growth.

That said I've been a bit busy with another fic for the past few weeks that will be done soon so I can get back to ST and IT respectively.

Good heavens...I already didn't like Maribelle all that much, and that did not help her case at all(though admittedly nothing else she's said or done in all of ST has helped her either). It is nice to see you made a solid father choice for Inigo, though(Green Cavs 4 da ween!), and his growth moment was good as well. Also, good one unintentionally explaining the Convoy there with that Enlargement Hex deal, I always wondered how I could fit upwards of 100 copies of a single sword - not to mention all the other stuff - into a caravan that needed to travel alongside the army yet not be big enough to attract attention during some of the Story scenes.
Regarding the Story progression so far, you had everyone retreat from Fort Steiger assuming I've got where the army is correct...does this mean the Chapter(In-Game Chapter, not Story Chapter) would be considered a fail, then? You didn't mention Pheros being killed, so I assumed they had to bail out halfway through. Are you planning on making another assault on the Fort, or resolving it another way? If you aren't planning to do either but still need Fort Steiger out of the way, then I'd like to request a shot at resolving it myself as a separate side-story if that's alright with you, using a couple of my own characters. If you don't need Steiger removed from the picture at all, then of course ignore this.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Good heavens...I already didn't like Maribelle all that much, and that did not help her case at all(though admittedly nothing else she's said or done in all of ST has helped her either). It is nice to see you made a solid father choice for Inigo, though(Green Cavs 4 da ween!), and his growth moment was good as well. Also, good one unintentionally explaining the Convoy there with that Enlargement Hex deal, I always wondered how I could fit upwards of 100 copies of a single sword - not to mention all the other stuff - into a caravan that needed to travel alongside the army yet not be big enough to attract attention during some of the Story scenes.
Regarding the Story progression so far, you had everyone retreat from Fort Steiger assuming I've got where the army is correct...does this mean the Chapter(In-Game Chapter, not Story Chapter) would be considered a fail, then? You didn't mention Pheros being killed, so I assumed they had to bail out halfway through. Are you planning on making another assault on the Fort, or resolving it another way? If you aren't planning to do either but still need Fort Steiger out of the way, then I'd like to request a shot at resolving it myself as a separate side-story if that's alright with you, using a couple of my own characters. If you don't need Steiger removed from the picture at all, then of course ignore this.

:XD: Well given that you're only getting essentially Lucina's point of view about her mother I'm not that surprised.  Plus I wanted the Maribelle that they knew to be...less than nice when it comes to Caleb as she sees Robin as a commoner and not the Plegian noble Queen that she actually is (since she is still married to Validar in Lucina's timeline btw if you were wondering which technically makes Caleb a prince so....yeah Lucina marries a foreign Prince without realising that she did :XD:).

The expansion hex could also be how Link in BOTW carries all of the things he does in his pouch as well (though in Link's case it would be magically enhanced to make it able to hold all of that).  It was just an idea that I got from Harry Potter (similar thing except Hermione has a massive room).  So yeah the idea is used quite a bit actually.  Also that's how I assumed the convoy works ^^'

With regards to where the army is at the moment you'll have to read the next chapter to find out what Caleb is planning to do.  Also you're welcome to do the side story if you want to :D: even if I wasn't plotting a plot twist coming up (because Robin and Alana need character growth damn it).

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

(because Robin and Alana need character growth damn it)

Hey, that's right, you said this Chapter would see growth for them! How could you? I was promised more of the adorable small one! XD

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hey, that's right, you said this Chapter would see growth for them! How could you? I was promised more of the adorable small one! XD

Sometimes things do not go as planned...

Eh, that's fine, it'll make it that much nicer to see when it does happen.

As for the Gaiden, I'll probably just scribble something out and PM it to you and let you decide if you want to incorporate any details or not.

Oh wow. I've just started reading the story (first few chapters), but it's quite interesting. (Making me motivated for my own story/script, I'm planning to write for a fanfic/ROM.) Going to be interesting where this story will take Caleb (Morgan) since he's travelling with Lucina.

Poor Robin having to do all of this though. But then again, it's not like she had much of a choice.

1 hour ago, NeoVerdin said:

Oh wow. I've just started reading the story (first few chapters), but it's quite interesting. (Making me motivated for my own story/script, I'm planning to write for a fanfic/ROM.) Going to be interesting where this story will take Caleb (Morgan) since he's travelling with Lucina.

Poor Robin having to do all of this though. But then again, it's not like she had much of a choice.

Actually Caleb isn't Morgan...he's the avatar.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Actually Caleb isn't Morgan...he's the avatar.

Wait what...? Okay, I'm getting confused. Avatar? Robin was her mother, right? XD

Unless, I'm getting the character placements messed up. Robin was the tactician and want to also raise Caleb as a tactician. Caleb traveling with Lucina back into the past because there wasn't enough orbs for the fire emblem so Tiki tell them to travel back in time, and they managed to find Chrom, Fredrick, Lissa, and Robin? So technically Caleb is like Morgan(?) being Lucina's sibling with Chrom as the father?

Edit: The tag too did say avatar robin, so I was expecting some family relationship forming around the avatar (who's robin) and Caleb where it never had the chance to root in the somewhat "future-past"(?).

Edited by NeoVerdin
To talk about the tag.

10 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Wait what...? Okay, I'm getting confused. Avatar? Robin was her mother, right? XD

Unless, I'm getting the character placements messed up. Robin was the tactician and want to also raise Caleb as a tactician. Caleb traveling with Lucina back into the past because there wasn't enough orbs for the fire emblem so Tiki tell them to travel back in time, and they managed to find Chrom, Fredrick, Lissa, and Robin? So technically Caleb is like Morgan(?) being Lucina's sibling with Chrom as the father?

Edit: The tag too did say avatar robin, so I was expecting some family relationship forming around the avatar (who's robin) and Caleb where it never had the chance to root in the somewhat "future-past"(?).

No.  Robin is the avatar's mother in this fic, as Robin was the name I chose for her.  She isn't the Avatar of Grima.  Validar is Caleb's father as he is in game.  The only swapping going on is that the Avatar is with Lucina's group instead of beginning the story with amnesia and being Chrom's tactician.  Chrom has the Avatar's mother as his tactician.  The further the story gets the more it'll make sense.

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No.  Robin is the avatar's mother in this fic, as Robin was the name I chose for her.  She isn't the Avatar of Grima.  Validar is Caleb's father as he is in game.  The only swapping going on is that the Avatar is with Lucina's group instead of beginning the story with amnesia and being Chrom's tactician.  Chrom has the Avatar's mother as his tactician.  The further the story gets the more it'll make sense.

Ah, okay. I guess the story of awakening was still too fresh in my mind when I started reading.

I'll keep in mind the swapping as I read and that the role of the avatar (in this case Caleb) and the tactician (in this case Robin, Caleb's mother) was separated. Like you said, I think it'll stick more the further I read along. Thanks for the head up.

56 minutes ago, NeoVerdin said:

Ah, okay. I guess the story of awakening was still too fresh in my mind when I started reading.

I'll keep in mind the swapping as I read and that the role of the avatar (in this case Caleb) and the tactician (in this case Robin, Caleb's mother) was separated. Like you said, I think it'll stick more the further I read along. Thanks for the head up.

No problem :D: I'm happy to help.

So about the new chapter...

Headcanon on the Grimleal which is dangerous but hopefully it works enough that it doesn't come off as a cop out.

Spoiler

Yes poor Robin is obviously raped.  I have tried to keep it as mild as possible because I don't like the idea of triggering genuine rape victims.  If you or some one you know has been raped, then I strongly encourage you to avoid the flashback section of the chapter and go straight to the actual chapter.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, finally! I was wondering how long we'd have to wait for more tiny cuteness! I will say this, though: You'd better not be planning on killing her off. Riots may ensue.

Anyways, Chapter looks good, I'm glad he thought ahead about being followed as a just in case plan(though you're not going to have to worry about Reider if that's your concern - the plot twist I had in mind for my own group's travels has no way to end but gruesomely for him), though I did feel bad for poor Anna-3393758295 - they must get rather lonely out there traveling all the time without non-merchant companionship.

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah, finally! I was wondering how long we'd have to wait for more tiny cuteness! I will say this, though: You'd better not be planning on killing her off. Riots may ensue.

Anyways, Chapter looks good, I'm glad he thought ahead about being followed as a just in case plan(though you're not going to have to worry about Reider if that's your concern - the plot twist I had in mind for my own group's travels has no way to end but gruesomely for him), though I did feel bad for poor Anna-3393758295 - they must get rather lonely out there traveling all the time without non-merchant companionship.

Tbh Caleb has a few more tricks up his sleeves just yet and we haven't even seen half of what he's got planned for the Valmese.  Caleb is a bit ahead of his time which we'll likely see more of as he starts to switch things up.  Still a tactician must always plan ahead :XD: and dealing with Yen'fey is no exception.  Though a freak eruption might not go astray in the next chapter.

My, my, naughty Caleb and Lucina.

Also holy frick, that guy's gone straight past the whole alphabet and looped around to Backup Plan AA. Should be interesting to see what else he's got up that Expansion-Hexed sleeve of his!

On 13/06/2018 at 10:06 AM, SoulWeaver said:

My, my, naughty Caleb and Lucina.

Also holy frick, that guy's gone straight past the whole alphabet and looped around to Backup Plan AA. Should be interesting to see what else he's got up that Expansion-Hexed sleeve of his!

Quite a lot I would imagine ;): ;):

And I forgot to add the references for some chapters.  Let's see if you can find them all :XD:

Edited by TheSilentChloey