Defense maps discussion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're pretty fun it's a nice change. Though the only map I've cheesed so far though is the last one having Klein, Ike, Julia, and Ephraim kill everything on turn 1 and taking no damage.

Edited by predator_21476

I just ran into my first Armor Emblem team (Hector, Effie, Zephiel, Hector) (all 5*, all had Armor buffs, all had Distant Counter) on a defense map, and I just wanted to cry. 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm talking about the event maps, guys.

I was talking about the 5th map there. Regardless ironically I found the 3rd map the most annoying but at the time I was only using one ranged unit in Julia and Ike Who could counter. My other two units didn't do much.

Edited by predator_21476

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Should've made this clearer!

I flier-emblem-ed Map 4.
I even let Niles and Kagero lived through Hard 3 because they are too pathetic (and have good Res).

Map 3 was pretty interesting. I chose to tank the ninjas and clustered my team into the top row for 2 turns and I noticed the mages on the bottom will move under the forest tiles, but won't go into them if you don't  have anyone in their range. They'll wait for you to break formation into the bottom row instead of getting into your attack range.

Edited by Otorio

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Should've made this clearer!

I flier-emblem-ed Map 4.
I even let Niles and Kagero lived through Hard 3 because they are too pathetic (and have good Res).

I mean, I would have just said "new Arena maps" if I were talking about those lol.

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was about to start talking about the new arena maps with defensive terrain.

Haven't tried the event maps yet, been messing around in Arena.

I thought they were fun. Easier than Ike's story chapters for me, but I liked doing them and it shows they can still make more interesting map layouts despite the size constraints in this game. The island one was fun, even though all I had to do was let Ike and B Camilla bait and one shot everything. I'd like to see more maps like these.

24 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Tried messing around with Distant Counter units and utilizing the defensive tiles, but really, it's just faster and easier to go on the offensive and roll everyone with Nino.

I am quite amused that the top-left corner of Map 5 is specifically designed to dick over Hector, but get easy-moded by Ike, though.

In all of this, I've realised I didn't once think of using Hector xD I keep trying to use units to get experience, but I'm likely going to give up and just use all my level 40s, since I'm on map 4 and my units aren't optimised - the ones that need the experience -.-

I found these maps quite fun, although I'm still struggling with part 5 on hard mode, so my opinion of that one might change...

Especially the island map was quite fun and unique, making you use different units then most would normally use (unless you like flier emblem or all ranged units I guess).

Part 5 on HM was the only one challenging enough, it took me 4 tries to do it. Lots of fun, once I realised that after the first 2 turns or so I should go to the upper left part of the map, as the lower part, specially lower right, was really dangerous for my units.

Whew, clearing out special map 5 on Hard mode is pretty challenging, if only because I had to position my units in such a way and had to wait for Draug to move closer to my group before I can consider attacking him. The successful clear while clearing the colorless unit quest was a rout clear using Xander, Reinhardt, Olivia, and LIssa; rode out some reinforcements to the point that only Mist was left. The main highlight was Xander successfully tanking and ORing Lilina via Siegfried + QR2 thanks to the terrain bonuses.

Map 3 was pretty annoying since I didn't use Flier Emblem; went with makeshift Horse Emblem + Dance team (Xander, Reinhardt, Gunter, Olivia) though I did clear the map on the first attempt on both difficulties.

Map 4 was a bit of a struggle but cleared out the hard one on my 2nd try using Sharena, Olivia, Hector, and Reinhardt.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I beat 5H with Sharena / Lilina / Soren / Lissa on a second try (the first one featured Gordin instead of Lissa; he got doubled by the enemy Lilina).

First, Sharena and Soren took position in the forts to the south, he counter-killed Robin, she did the same to Lon'qu. Lilina deleted Klein via Bowbreaker and got healed. Next turn she lit up Gunter, while Soren blew Matthew away on the counter (thanks Iceberg). After skewering Lilina, Sharena duked it out with Draug for a while, and Soren took out Donnel and Sully. Lissa had to tank Palla for a round, after which Sharena came and finished her off after Lilina's shot. The last action was Lilina leaving Sakura at 3 HP. If Sharena was able to rally her Atk (or if I didn't forget, neither possibility I can exclude), it would have been a rout.

I basically powered through them all with my arena core of Ephraim, Nino and Ryoma with Takumi added on for that colorless requirement. I managed to turn them all into rout maps, though admittedly on map 5 I was cutting it close as I only managed to clear the map on turn 7 during the player phase. These maps are a nice change of pace. I'm really enjoying the fort tiles right now. 

I went with Ryoma, Reinhardt, Lachesis, and Hector on the 5th map. Originally had Takumi, but realized that Lachesis works better since she can just keep Ryo and Hector going and I needed Rein's firepower for Draug anyway. 

I wonder when mkv is gonna do them with free 3*s.

I'm struggling on the final map. I will get there. I just keep getting hit by stupid things. Going to go full throttle at it tonight. If I can beat armour quest without Hector or Effie, I can beat this!

I might steal what Thor has done... Hector... I might use you...

Edited by Cute Chao

So it turns out my Setsuna and Sophia were shining stars on the island map.

Setsuna with her Assassin's Bow and Bowbreaker had no problems with Kagero/Niles while Sophia just laughed at Nino's attack. Of course, Olivia's dances helped them both out, I just didn't expect them to do spectacularly well on a blind run.

My team for these were: Hector, Eirika, Effie, Nino.

I had no problem steam rolling most of these maps, I could easily kill every unit. Some of the higher maps on Hard mode required one or two resets. 

The map I had a lot of trouble with was Map 4 on Hard mode. It took me so long to figure out a good strategy to keep all my units alive. I got very close to beating it, but then something went wrong, most of the time it was someone doing exactly enough damage to kill someone. 

These maps were fun, but higher up maps became challenging.