Duma's Ordeal - English version

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

GameXplain uploaded a video showcasing the Amiibo dungeons, specifically, Duma's Ordeal.

https://t.co/oTxTXGEpez?amp=1

Interesting, how many times can you complete these dungeons? I imagine you can go in multiple times for grinding purposes, but I am curious about the item drops that come from it.

That and Mila's Turnwheel seems so useful, cant wait to toy around with that.

I did saw the entire video. I have to say that Mae's Retreat Quote (or Death Quote, I totally think that was a Retreat Quote since she did said she needs to fall back) was really unexpected. I also do see the Myrmidons can jump in the air in 360 Degrees Front when the opponent attacks and then attack the opponent that was pretty awesome.

But, I managed to look and we did not covered yet are:

• The info about Valentia Revelations, Chapter 13, 19
  • Specters (the enemies in Duma's Ordeals)
  • Iron Shield (the first boss is holding)
  • Plenitude (the Arts Combat skill that Saber has, I think it belongs in the Golden Dagger)
  • Blessed Ring (Mae is holding it, like the other Blessed weapons)
  • Wrath Strike (the Arts Combat skill at Kamui has)
  • Earth's Boon (Saber unlocked an Arts Combat from the Golden Dagger)
  • Swap (the Arts Combat skill at Boey has)
  • Coral Fragment
  • Rusted Shield
  • And also, does anyone know what the name belongs for Kingsfang, that was mentioned in Valentia Revelations, Chapter 19?
Edited by King Marth 64

Derrick from GameXplain just confirmed my question about Mae's defeat quote that we saw from Duma's Ordeals showcase video was actually belongs in Classic Mode, Derrick did said that Mae does retreats in battle & no longer fight again just like in Radiant Dawn's, Awakening's and Fates's Classic Mode where some characters gets defeated alive and no longer fight. I totally thought that defeat quote was from Causal Mode since Mae did said she needs to fall back in the next line and didn't expected that they managed to have Mae be retreated wounded alive instead of keeping her dead like in the original game.

Maes%20Defeat%20Quote_zpsfxpyayep.png

Edited by King Marth 64

22 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Derrick from GameXplain just confirmed my question about Mae's defeat quote that we saw from Duma's Ordeals showcase video was actually belongs in Classic Mode, Derrick did said that Mae does retreats in battle & no longer fight again just like in Radiant Dawn's, Awakening's and Fates's Classic Mode where some characters gets defeated alive and no longer fight. I totally thought that defeat quote was from Causal Mode since Mae did said she needs to fall back in the next line and didn't expected that they managed to have Mae be retreated wounded alive instead of keeping her dead like in the original game.

Maes%20Defeat%20Quote_zpsfxpyayep.png

Makes sense, given her plot relevance. I imagine the same goes for Gray, Tobin, Boey, Saber, Clive, and whoever else is relevant to the plot.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Makes sense, given her plot relevance. I imagine the same goes for Gray, Tobin, Boey, Saber, Clive, and whoever else is relevant to the plot.

I did seen some videos that have Lukas was in the story plot as well such as the map where Berkut was fought in Act 4, the Southern Outpost, and part where Clair was rescued and I think Luthier could be in as well since I did seen he was mentioning about his sister Delthea in the last map in Alm's route in Act 3.

Edited by King Marth 64

Interesting, because from the translations, their classic defeat quotes really leaned towards them being dead.

Like Mae says: 'Ehehe...I'm a no good klutz...'

And Boey says: 'Ah...this is it for me...Lady Celica please don't give up.'

And both of them seem pretty final words before dying to me. So unless the localization has changed something like their endings so they don't die or they stay alive and are said to have died during the final battle, I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

Interesting, because from the translations, their classic defeat quotes really leaned towards them being dead.

Like Mae says: 'Ehehe...I'm a no good klutz...'

And Boey says: 'Ah...this is it for me...Lady Celica please don't give up.'

And both of them seem pretty final words before dying to me. So unless the localization has changed something like their endings so they don't die or they stay alive and are said to have died during the final battle, I don't know.

don't they still appear in the story after that? it doesn't really make sense for them to die in battle but still show up after that, so if this was a change it's one that makes sense

32 minutes ago, unique said:

don't they still appear in the story after that? it doesn't really make sense for them to die in battle but still show up after that, so if this was a change it's one that makes sense

They can die.

After you beat the game (aka Chapter 6), at which point they don't appear in the story.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

They can die.

Hide contents

After you beat the game (aka Chapter 6), at which point they don't appear in the story.

They're actually called Acts in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (I think it's probably rename it since it's alot different from the actual chapters from the other Fire Emblem games). And also regarding about the spoiler:

Spoiler

Wow, do the all retreated units that have gotten wounded and never fought again after defeating Grima to complete the final act that actually dies in the ending?

And also, I wondering about Mae's Classic defeat quote did have the D word in the first line and the ESRB description showed the localized version does have Mild Language in it. Is there any female units cussed in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia like they did in Awakening and Fates, I don't recall there was a single cussed line from any female units in the script for Gaiden nor I didn't even see Mae said the D word in the Gaiden script either? (it was just some of the males units that I saw)

Edited by King Marth 64

Okay, I watched this and noticed something:
Mila's Turnwhell reset the RNs. Derrick did the exact same actions in the exact same order after re-winding and landed a hit that was a miss before.

10 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Okay, I watched this and noticed something:
Mila's Turnwhell reset the RNs. Derrick did the exact same actions in the exact same order after re-winding and landed a hit that was a miss before.

Yup, it does, but only combat RNG (not level up RNG).

Otherwise it would be pointless to rewind within an enemy phase (which you can do).