FE: SoV "Mysterious Artifact" Achievement

This post is dedicated to all FE game completionists and spendthrifts alike.

What are these "artifacts"?

-They are Astra (High-crit sword), Luna (High accuracy bow) and Sol (High power lance) (For clarity, refer to Serenesforest's FE:SoV guide or other posts discussing these items.

This is perhaps the rarest medal due to the game's abysmal "Item Drop Rate". I can only offer a few helpful tips that will increase your likelihood of securing one of these highly coveted legendary arms.

*Disclaimer* : This guide may not apply to players who have DLCs or have somehow obtained these "artifacts" prior to Ch. 6 (lucky dastards). 

1) Head to 'Labyrinth of Thabes' 

(For those who have yet to complete Ch. 5, don't worry about it. You'll be able to access this dungeon once you finished Ch. 5)

2) Once you have assembled your party, rush straight down to floor B9 and crack open every single pot you see. Don't bother re-entering the area, as the game stops dropping items after a while.

3) Move to floor B10 once you finished cracking all the pots. There're about three sets of boxes on this floor. (The room before you fight the dungeon boss - someone y'all "Awakening" fans should be familiar) I'd say break each set about three times before you proceed. This means re-entering the room three times, as boxes respawn every time you re-enter a room.

(At least for me, 3 is the limit, since I can't get any more items once past that threshold.)

4) Once you're ready, head to the final room of floor B10. There you'll engage in a fierce battle with a giant, winged lizard. However, we're not interest in it. We're more concerned with its minions, for it spawns two unique units (Garuda - Third-tier gargoyle; drops 'Astra' and Guardian - Third-tier majin; drops 'Luna'), shown in the pictures below. Just camp in the corner of the map, and wait patiently for one of these baddies to spawn. 

(This can be a great way to farm for 'Lunas' and 'Astras'. That is if you have the patience and tenacity of a monk/nun)

5) Once you obtain at least one of the three "artifacts", take a break and repeat the process all over again.

That's all I can offer. Good hunting, everyone! May Lady Anna smile upon you.

picture 1 - Copy.jpg

picture 2 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Generic_Enemy_Knight_#???
Typo

Did you manage to get all 3? I did get a Luna from Thabes, but I got lazy to gather the other two.

Inner Sanctum might be quicker, depending on what the dungeon layout is like. Plus the drops there are better than Thabes overall.

Also, there's a small "glitch" you can exploit if you're really persistent, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Normally when you re-enter a room, the drops decay by 1/3, so if there are 3 items in the pots, it goes down to 2, 1 and finally 0.

However, any time you battle an enemy, the current number of drops will reset to the value when you re-entered the room and spread among all objects in the room again, including broken objects.

For example, if there are 2 items when you re-enter the room and you pick up 2 items. If you fight an enemy and there are objects left, you can actually get up to 2 more if you're lucky (but only if those 2 items were assigned to the objects not yet broken).

This can also backfire. Same example: 2 items when you re-enter the room. If you pick up 1 item and fight an enemy, you can get up to 1-2 more OR you get 0 more, if those 2 items where assigned to broken objects.

Anyway, you can use this info to gamble for more than N items in the rooms with pots. It works best when there are few items and many objects. Eg. if there is 1 item, you get lucky and find it in the first 3 pots. You can then fight an enemy and hope for an extra in the remaining pots.

That said, it might be quicker just to run through the dungeon multiple times. Definitely don't miss the penultimate room with the boxes, like you said. That's an easy 3/2/1 = 6 items.

@VincentASM

Hey Vincent, I have yet to get my hands on 'Sol'. Was only able to snatch up the other two. I agree. The process is extremely draining. May Lady Anna have mercy on you as well.

PS: BTW, thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind while hunting for 'Sol'.

20170510_191453.jpg

20170510_191504.jpg

Edited by Generic_Enemy_Knight_#???
Additional note