Games you're not good at

MetalAmethyst

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Huh?

Trying to make you feel better about being bad at Heroes, since I also have had little success with it.

I think I suck at it too, beyond just the inability to pull anything good.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Trying to make you feel better about being bad at Heroes, since I also have had little success with it.

I think I suck at it too, beyond just the inability to pull anything good.

Oh, my bad. I was just confused because my situation was entirely different. Not having good luck with pulls is something you can't control while winning battles IS all up to you. And the latter is what I was talking about.

But again, my bad.

Fighting games mostly. Especially those where you can't just spam attack buttons to chain combos together.

Rhythm games. Stuff like Parappa the Rapper, Jammer Lammy and Space Channel, I cannot play to save my life.

Sports games. I can't comprehend how they work for some reason.

Any pc game with a ton of hot keys, like Elite Dangerous/Simulation games, any moba/MMO, etc. I typically prefer few buttons or a controller honestly. I just can't keep what every button does specifically remembered nor do I have the muscle memory to press the right key when needed for those types of games. Otherwise I'm typically the prodigy of my friends being able to pick ip new games quickly and efficiently

Games with heavy luck or grinding. There's no way to get any better or worse, therefore I am technically the worst in the world.

I'm pretty bad at rhythm games, fighting games, stealth games, and shooters.  Of those genres, fighting games are the only ones I'd really like to become better at because of the social aspect.  I'd like to be better at racing games too now that I think about it.

22 hours ago, Res said:

Any game requiring dexterity/timing, so platform games and FPS especially. Most games I play are either turn-based or have very simple combat (most RPGs). 

Basically this. I also work extremely badly under pressure.

I mean, I'm honnestly not a very good player, but that's not why I play, so I don't care that much.

There are two types of games i suck at: Puzzle games and Rhythm Games. Although, the Professor Layton series is pretty good yes, i looked up all the anwsers to the puzzles, i just wanted to enjoy the story.

EVERYTHING I SUCK AT PLAYING GAMES WHY DO I EVEN PLAY GAMES

Overwatch, Starcraft, and some puzzle/mystery games.  My mindset jumps from point A to point C when it comes to puzzle and logic games.

Anything real time, to be honest. That being said, NieR: Automata is one of my favourite games of all-time. I'd love to be better at those kind of games, but my reaction time is just too slow. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at turn-based gameplay, though.

Generally I suck at FPS & Fighting games.

There are also games that force me to do things on real time that I'm slow as hell to complete...like Warcraft. 

Then of course, without casual mode, Fire Emblem as well..although it depends on what FE game I play since I can easily play Awakening and Blazing sword classic no problem.

Edited by Harvey

I remember I sucked so bad at Donkey Kong Country 2. The former had both my dad and myself (we were playing, and progressing through the game together) trying to beat Kaptain K Rool in the last main world, and failing over a few dozen times. And then there were the really difficult Lost World that only after several years did I manage to complete (and beat the entire game).

I used to play Mario Kart a lot, but I remember only being able to clear 100cc with Bronze Cup in the SNES/SFC version. At least, that was actually fun, and it was in the primitive SNES days where the computer actually had to cheat to provide a challenge. What was actually discouraging was GC onwards, when the developers decided to crank up the luck-based factors in human-vs-CPU Grand Prix, and I couldn't consistently win 150cc like I used to in 64. I was also bad in F-Zero Maximum Velocity, only being able to clear Master Mode in 2-3 vehicles, but at least the stuff-ups there were all mine.

Any fighting game, except for maybe Soul Calibur and Tekken because their commands are less complex than the average fighting game. When I play them, I usually rely on luck and try button mashing until something that I can make use of happens. If it hits the target, even better. The BlazBlue series is pretty much where my limit lies when it comes to playing fighting games, anything harder than that and I'll  constantly stumble pretty badly. I can't do anything in King of Fighters to save my life, but I love it.

Oh, and any FPS ever because I have a worse aim than a Stormtrooper.

Edited by Rapier

Resident Evil 2 and 3 partly because of the tank controls, and partly because on Dreamcast the action button is X and the cancel button is A (which is also the run button for some reason). I know there's other controls but I'm already somewhat used to the default.

The games I think I'm bad at but actually really good at is a completely different list. Like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem and Devil May Cry 4.