How can the interface be done in this game?

So the thing about the 3DS interface is that you had all the information on the bottom screen and you only had the top screen showing the maps, hit chance and the battle scene..and mostly the overall story.

But now that the Switch is using only one screen, how can they make the interface less cluttered while at the same time, display more information by simplifying the interface?

Probably use the "-" button to switch between map and profile of unit and weapons that can be exited back to the map easily of course handheld mode will have touchscreen controls like 11 and 12 plus can interact with character profiles that way as well.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

15 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

How other FEs did it before dual screens. I actually don't mind pausing to check stats and the like.

Pretty much.  Two screens may be convenient, but pausing isn't that much trouble, really.

Considering the switch can be on the tv or handheld i feel like this will change how the interface will be naturally.
Honestly i expect it to be more akin to handheld titles than console ones...

18 hours ago, DragonLord said:

How other FEs did it before dual screens. I actually don't mind pausing to check stats and the like.

That pausing seems a bit outdated don't you think?

I really miss the Press R/Y to Learn More system of FE6-10 and would like to see that make a return. I understand this throws off newer fans who are surprised you can learn more about menu options and status screens, but it's really the same framework as "tap to know more" 

16 minutes ago, Harvey said:

That pausing seems a bit outdated don't you think?

Not really, I feel like pausing to check the stats of a character requires the same amount of work as looking down. 

Edited by DragonLord

1 hour ago, DragonLord said:

Not really, I feel like pausing to check the stats of a character requires the same amount of work as looking down. 

I don't know about you, but pausing for the game for it to freeze for menu stuff takes some time to load and you'll repeatedly keep seeing the black screen every few seconds.

In the 3DS ones, you simply touch to get information and that's being quite sharp and convenient.

It's really not that much trouble.  While it's certainly convenient to have a second screen, the loading times for bringing up a pause menu are honestly irrelevant, unless the game is really poorly optimized.  The game shouldn't take THAT long to pause.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

I don't know about you, but pausing for the game for it to freeze for menu stuff takes some time to load and you'll repeatedly keep seeing the black screen every few seconds.

In the 3DS ones, you simply touch to get information and that's being quite sharp and convenient.

I've never had to wait for info to load, it's not exactly an intensive situation. Also FE is no stranger to additional info as mentioned by Gustavos above. I personally hate touch controls when they are not the primary control option. Taking out the stylus to then tap for more information is more tedious for me, than pressing a button to trigger the extra info. It may be convenient to have dual screens at the ready, but to me clicking a button and immediately seeing the stats of a character the cursor selected pop up takes the same amount of effort as looking down.

Edited by DragonLord

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it's not as bad as Pokemon. As long as you still have the speech bubble with weapon from Tellius (did that stay around?), you're good to go. Anything more intensive, and you're basically pausing anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this counts but I would like to be able to select in the options a detailed battle calculation where you need to factor in attack minus defense as a sort of old school call back, and then simplified would be GBA type calculations and then an auto calculation which would use the Awakening/Fates calculation.