Did Nintendo/IS Really taught the RNG to players?

Harvey

Ok this really bothers me a whole lot. Did Nintendo/IS really teach players about the RNG as a whole?

How are players getting into the RNG such as growth rates, hit rates and true hit rate information like that? doesn't it actually ruin the fun of FE like that?

None of the tutorials that I've played in the FE games so far have taught how speed, luck, resistance, avoid etc work.

Edited by Harvey

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

But is it really that needed to know what goes through what? I mean, how does it matter for those playing casually? 

No but not everybody plays the game casually either. You know how in the Smash Bros competitive scene, we look into the game to see all the data about framerates and all that technical stuff? We do that so we can learn and get better. 

Another example: is the average person gonna care what the wind speeds on Juptier are? No. But there are people who study that stuff anyway.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Use the word teach,

I think they've made characters mention that they might have good growths in supports

The affinity type also isn't mentioned surprisingly...

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but not everybody plays the game casually either. You know how in the Smash Bros competitive scene, we look into the game to see all the data about framerates and all that technical stuff? We do that so we can learn and get better. 

Another example: is the average person gonna care what the wind speeds on Juptier are? No. But there are people who study that stuff anyway.

Maybe so but then it gives the problem of whether the game is worth playing because of said information. I mean, how can Binding Blade's main issue be only RNG when its more than that?

The game does have descriptions of what stats do (sans oftentimes Luck, which just gets a generic "it affects several things" in most entries), and many also display precalculated hit/avoid/damage/crit/crit avoid and the rest is fairly easy to figure out since it's just subtraction with some addition for WT bonuses.

The games from FE6 on are liars about true hit though.  

19 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I mean, how can Binding Blade's main issue be only RNG when its more than that?

Ok, that's more of just your opinion, really. I have literally zero problems with Binding Blade outside of its RNG and Ch.21.

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

How are players getting into the RNG such as growth rates, hit rates and true hit rate information like that? doesn't it actually ruin the fun of FE like that?

I'm sure for some. But it can also be pretty frustrating when you raise a team of characters that end up being shitty just because you didn't know that there were better ones out there. Also even though True Hit is a thing in most of the series it doesn't really affect gameplay that much - maybe on the subliminal level (after all high hits hit more often and lower hits miss more often - surely players get used to that) but I mean you're being shown some form of hit rates directly by the game.