FE Echoes English VA's?

Hi all,

I was wondering after watching Gamespot's video on FE echoes English gameplay, 

who are the VA's for the game? 

from what I saw, Boey's VA sounds like Promtpo's VA from FFXV,

and Mae's like in not 100% who, 

Celcia's VA, not sure ether. but they sound very/similarly familiar.

glad to see this classic fe in full VA, awakening/fates lacked full va,

also echoes reminds me of good old fe games like 8, 9 etc. 

thanx 

Celica is Erica Lindbeck, Mae is Cherami Leigh, and Boey is Chris Hackney. Other confirmed VAs are Alm (Kyle McCarley), Lukas (Greg Chun), Faye (Amber Connor), Clair (Alexis Tipton), and Genny (Eden Riegel).

Speaking of Prompto, his VA (Robbie Daymond) sounds like he's Tobin, however that's just my opinion. Max Mittelman, Kyle Hebert, Lucien Dodge, Bryce Papenbrook, Grant George, Doug Erholtz, Kaiji Tang and Doug Stone sound like they're Gray, Valbar, Leon, Kamui, Clive, Python, Jesse and Mycen respectively, but no confirmation yet.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Celica is Erica Lindbeck, Mae is Cherami Leigh, and Boey is Chris Hackney. Other confirmed VAs are Alm (Kyle McCarley), Lukas (Greg Chun), Faye (Amber Connor), Clair (Alexis Tipton), and Genny (Eden Riegel).

Speaking of Prompto, his VA (Robbie Daymond) sounds like he's Tobin, however that's just my opinion. Max Mittelman, Kyle Hebert, Lucien Dodge, Bryce Papenbrook, Grant George, Doug Erholtz, Kaiji Tang and Doug Stone sound like they're Gray, Valbar, Leon, Kamui, Clive, Python, Jesse and Mycen respectively, but no confirmation yet.

Those are the VA's for Fire Emblem Heroes, they aren't necessarily the same for their echoes counterparts. For example, the Mae in Heroes sounds nothing like the Mae I've seen in preview footage for Echoes. 

2 hours ago, Xeph said:

Those are the VA's for Fire Emblem Heroes, they aren't necessarily the same for their echoes counterparts. For example, the Mae in Heroes sounds nothing like the Mae I've seen in preview footage for Echoes. 

Uh... sounds exactly like her. People were guessing Cherami Leigh after the first English voice clips.
Considering Heroes and SoV were likely recorded at the same time, it makes no sense for VAs to be different between them.

10 minutes ago, Xeph said:

ah, must be me then, they just don't sound similar to me.

Cherami's Mae in Echoes is a more pure version than her Mae in Heroes. In Heroes, she makes Mae sound a little older, probably to contrast with her roles as Gwen and Caeda, think of the same way Sam Riegel makes Stahl sound older to contrast with Raigh and Donnel.

Not that I'm 100% sure about this, but I can't shake this feeling that Kliff could be voiced by Chris Patton. All I was thinking during the Kliff/Tobin support in one of the gameplay videos was "why does his voice remind me of Baccano of all things?" I can't say I'm super familiar with his roles because he mainly dubs anime, but in some of his lines Kliff kinda sounds like him.

It doesn't even seem impossible for him to be in Echoes, considering that he's also in another upcoming game.

Edited by Carnation

31 minutes ago, Carnation said:

Not that I'm 100% sure about this, but I can't shake this feeling that Kliff could be voiced by Chris Patton. All I was thinking during the Kliff/Tobin support in one of the gameplay videos was "why does his voice remind me of Baccano of all things?" I can't say I'm super familiar with his roles because he mainly dubs anime, but in some of his lines Kliff kinda sounds like him.

It doesn't even seem impossible for him to be in Echoes, considering that he's also in another upcoming game.

Whoops, had Boey on the mind when I wrote the first part, ignore that, haha.

I'd love to hear Patton in an FE game someday though, but isn't he Texas based? Echoes is dubbed in LA, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95
Misread the character's name

1 minute ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I'd love to hear Patton in an FE game someday though, but isn't he Texas based? Echoes is dubbed in LA, if I'm not mistaken.

As far as I know he is, which is why I'm hesitant to say it's actually him, haha. 

By the by, based on footage I've watched, I'm wholly convinced Saber is voiced by Keith Silverstein. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name in the credits. Also MMMM his voice is so good.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, PeaceRibbon said:

By the by, based on footage I've watched, I'm wholly convinced Saber is voiced by Keith Silverstein. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name in the credits. Also MMMM his voice is so good.

I thought that too so I actually asked him about it on Twitter and at this point I don't think he's going to respond, he probably has a contract that prevents him from publicly saying he is or he simply just isn't the character, but I'm betting on the former. The resemblance is just too great for me.

Edited by TheGoodHoms
used "latter" when I meant "former", oops

45 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Yeah, it's very much a Silverstein voice. Considering the amount of Gundam IBO VAs appearing in Echoes, Silverstein appearing wouldn't even be a stretch. 

Now, I wonder if Carrie Keranan or Erik Kimerer will be present in Echoes...

2 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Yeah, it's very much a Silverstein voice. Considering the amount of Gundam IBO VAs appearing in Echoes, Silverstein appearing wouldn't even be a stretch. 

Now, I wonder if Carrie Keranan or Erik Kimerer will be present in Echoes...

I'd love to hear Carrie in a FE game. She's become a real favorite of mine lately.

7 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Chris Patton did have a role in Pokemon the Series: XY, latest Akira's Beat game, and the Sword Art Online movie that they aren't licensed by Funimation nor Sentai Filmworks. But, I think Kliff could be voiced by Max Millentan.

A bit unrelated, but regarding Texas-based VAs, I've would have loved if the original VAs from the OAV that ended up in LA had roles in a Fire Emblem game. Spike Spencer (voice of "Mars") was Excellus in Awakening, but I'd rather they drop Yuri Lowenthal and have him reprise his original role as the Hero King. Also Amanda Winn Lee (Elice in the OAV) and her husband (Draug in the OAV) have also moved and she's seems to be picking up more video game roles after a long dry spell (recently she was Magnolia in Bravely Second). But I digress.

Clive is definitely Grant George and I'm pretty sure Kamui is Bryce Papenbrook.

And if Carrie Keranen pops up in this game, that'd be another VA from Trails of Cold Steel in a Fire Emblem game

I fell like Faye might be different in Echoes vs. Heroes.

She sounds a bit higher pitched in Echoes, meanwhile, Amber Connor seems to give her more of a lower pitch and more mature sounding voice. I am not familiar with Amber Connor's work and whether or not she did what Cherami did with Mae, making her sound older in Heroes, but it is just an inkling.

It's just some weird hearing thing you've convinced yourself of. Why would they suddenly switch voice actors weeks apart from the VA's of the actual game?

And Amanda Win lee was in very, very recent game Persona 5 who's had other regulars like Cassandra Lee Morris, Mercer, and Mittelman.

19 minutes ago, Reflex said:

And Amanda Win lee was in very, very recent game Persona 5 who's had other regulars like Cassandra Lee Morris, Mercer, and Mittelman.

I thought that Lee retired fron regular voice work and now only does very specific roles, like Persona. Not sure if that's true 100%, but I remember reading that somewhere not too long ago. 

From what I remember, Amanda Winn Lee flat-out retired so she could take care of her son who had leukemia, but he has since got better.

Now, one thing I've been thinking about: could we possibly use Heroes as a guide for possible VAs in this game.  After all, Greg Chun and Cherami Leigh had several roles in that game, and later ended up voicing Lukas and Mae. Could there then be others, like Michael Sinterklaas or Wendee Lee, that pop up in this game?

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

It's only reliable for SoV, because the other games are not the same as recent as Awakening due to voice actor strikes. Laura Bailey didn't voice the latest Lucina, for example and iirc LIam O Brian isn't Laslow.

6 hours ago, Reflex said:

It's only reliable for SoV, because the other games are not the same as recent as Awakening due to voice actor strikes. Laura Bailey didn't voice the latest Lucina, for example and iirc LIam O Brian isn't Laslow.

Them not returning has nothing to do with the strikes

9 hours ago, Reflex said:

There's no VA listed, and it sounds exactly like Laura Bailey. She was never credited in Awakening as well-- it's a small job and she did it without union approval, so she wasn't directly credited.

And people really need to do their research on the strike. It's only on certain companies, and the only two notable ones are Activision-Blizzard and Disney Interactive. People hear about it and use it as an excuse for almost entirely unrelated stuff.