Lost access to my Forum account

Last month the forum suddenly changed it's login procedure so that you can no longer log yourself in using your username but have to use the EMail address that you used to create the account. And in my case I no longer know that EMail address, so that change locked me out of my account. Over this last month I tried various means to contact the staff about this to sort this out in accordance with the Code of Conduct. But I got no response or any sort of acknowledgement that my messages even reached anyone. With me seeing no other possibility to progress on this issue, I ultimately decided to violate the Code of Conduct by creating this duplicate account in order to PM the staff about this... and I still got no reaction.

Does anybody have any idea what else I can do about this? I get of course that the staff is currently even more busy then usual due to Heroes' regular updates and of course the release of Echoes, but for the same reason I would really appreciate if this could be sorted out before the game's international release in two weeks. Assuming of course I don't just get banned for creating this duplicate account. But as I said, it's been almost a month and I just don't know what else I could have done.

Edited by GatlingBow

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Who did you PM?

Only Vincent. I figured this was an administrative issue so I should directly contact an Administrator. And when I created this account Tangerine hadn't logged in for like a week or so while Vincent was online.

...also because I am kinda anxious and have trouble sending a PM message to anyone, especially if I never talked to them before. And especially when I am sending them from an account whose very existence is a violation against the code of conduct and a bannable offense.

Which btw, is also why I never responded to the PM of your opinion on Tharja even though I specifically asked you about elaborating on your thoughts. I wasn't sure if I should send an elaborate response or just thanking you for going through the effort. And after like a week was over I figured it would be awkward regardless of what kind of response I would give after so much time had passed.

Edited by GatlingBow

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I suggest PMing ALL the administrators - @Tangerine, @Jyosua, and @VincentASM.  A mod's job is to help out on the forums, and I promise that I don't bite!

Thank you. I just send out a new PM to all of them.

I've gotta say, just being able to talk with someone about this really lifts a weight from my neck. So I am grateful for your response.

Edited by GatlingBow

21 hours ago, Guest said:

Only Vincent. I figured this was an administrative issue so I should directly contact an Administrator. And when I created this account Tangerine hadn't logged in for like a week or so while Vincent was online.

This has been resolved, but I figured I'd post in case anyone having similar issues happens across the thread.

I'm around every day unless I'm taking a break (like once per year) or something's come up irl that prevents me from being around. The reason it might look like this is that I absentmindedly click "sign in anonymously" when I log in sometimes so it can often look like I haven't been on in a while lol. Can rest assured that there's never any harm in messaging me!

I'm the best person to contact about this type of issue, and the best way to contact me is through the forum because that's the part of the site I'm responsible for, so it can understandably be tricky to get in contact with us if you don't have access to a forum account, especially since our official email tends to get spammed. If you've locked yourself out of your account, there's really no better way to get help in a timely manner than making an alt and PMing us, unless you get lucky and Vincent checks our email before it gets spammed off the page lol.

We don't ban people (that is, their main/original account) for alt account offenses unless we discover them ourselves and have reason to believe that they were using them with the intention of causing trouble. The most we'd typically do (assuming they do not have a history of making alts) is just ban the alt and warn the main account of the person who made them, but certainly not in a situation like this. We've had to ban maybe one or two people in the 5 years I've been running the staff explicitly for making alts, and they were spamming them with very clear intentions. Conversely, nobody who has had a legitimate reason for making one has even been warned for it, we would just remove the alt account once the issue has been sorted out. Certainly nothing to worry about for the average user!

Edited by Tangerine