Hidari Art for Emma and Shade Revealed

Wow! I'm happy at Shade's design. They finally put some actual clothing on her! Maybe Intelligent Systems is going to lower the fanservice of the games a lot...one can hope.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

So I'm guessing from the fact they're all in promoted classes that their DLC, if it features battles, probably shouldn't be tackled until later in the game. Late C3~C4?

Any idea who of Alm and Celica each character joins?

Well, they probably scale the enemies levels so that you can tackle it early on.

19 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Wow! I'm happy at Shade's design. They finally put some actual clothing on her! Maybe Intelligent Systems is going to lower the fanservice of the games a lot...one can hope.

Don't read too much into it, she's just wearing a black version of the standard Saint outfit. 

11 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Do the characters come with maps? Because that's what makes or breaks it for me.

Yeah that's a good question, did they say anything that these are maps where you recruit the character?

Because the European site simply states it lets you recruit them. And that seems to be the take away from the stream here?

Kind of sad Lando won't get any dual-wielding stuff (unless his special skill somehow involves it?) but these look great! Out of all the DLC, I'll definitely be getting these. Seriously, new characters with special artwork and skills to boot, it'd be a waste to turn these down!

Hopefully this 4 spark interest so the children's card game gets localized and we don't need to buy FE merchandising from rats on Ebay.

1 hour ago, Cat Villager said:

I've just checked the official site and I think it mentions Lando-Ema and Shade-Yuzu supports and some bonus items.

Thanks, didn't even think to check : P

Yar, you get new base conversations with all 4 characters too.

The new items are the Trainee Knight's Lance, Whimsical Lance and Warrior's Blade.

Also, judging by the stars, they are battle maps.

2 hours ago, Cat Villager said:

I've just checked the official site and I think it mentions Lando-Ema and Shade-Yuzu supports and some bonus items.

Interesting was expecting Shade-Ema and Yuzu-Lando that'll be something! Plus Base convo is cool as well!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

So the Cipher DLC characters have Support and Base Conversations, as well as coming with a map that you likely have to beat to recruit them? Hell yeah! The Cipher DLC is now the most worth it out of all the Echoes DLC. The Cipher DLC is an instant buy from me assuming i still have money because my Switch is gonna start draining my money supply soon, thanks to Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, Wargroove, Mighty Gunvolt Burst and whatever the other new game from Inti Creates is, and you know what, maybe ARMS too.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So the Cipher DLC characters have Support and Base Conversations, as well as coming with a map that you likely have to beat to recruit them? Hell yeah! The Cipher DLC is now the most worth it out of all the Echoes DLC. The Cipher DLC is an instant buy from me assuming i still have money because my Switch is gonna start draining my money supply soon, thanks to Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, Wargroove, Mighty Gunvolt Burst and whatever the other new game from Inti Creates is, and you know what, maybe ARMS too.

Yeah this and the Deliverance DLC are easily the most must haves!

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

Do we know the skills and spells they will have?

Not with the current data available to us.

Maybe after I get my game, I can try and hack in the animations.

Shade is probably getting Restore, Barrier and/or Invoke Revenant though. Or maybe one of those belongs to Yuzu since she's a Priestess.

Thank goodness these are battle maps, even if it's still weird that the hardest maps offered are...training maps....

Also these 2 maps are such a better deal than any of the overclass dlcs it is insane

On 5/13/2017 at 11:44 AM, The DanMan said:

Do the characters come with maps? Because that's what makes or breaks it for me.

http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/dlc/#cipher-companions

An unfamiliar young face appears and claims her companion is in danger. New allies join the fray on an existing Battle Map.

The maps themselves aren't new, so it's still a little lazy, but they do at least have one.

It says the Cipher DLC releases in North America (and likely Europe as well) on 6-22-17. Hey, isn't that the Japanese release date for the Cipher DLC as well?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It says the Cipher DLC releases in North America (and likely Europe as well) on 6-22-17. Hey, isn't that the Japanese release date for the Cipher DLC as well?

Indeed. We also get Lost Altars merely one day later.