Kirie

Cipher Series 11: 7 Dec - Set is now released! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Recommended Posts

Haha, yeah, this is exactly what I expected. :p

I'm on vacation at the moment so I'll hold off on updating the OP until I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's reveal features a trio of cards referencing Gaiden's original boxart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, hey, the guy in the background of the original Gaiden cover art is retroactively confirmed to have been Duma all along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that so much. I really want to see the full artwork now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the artwork on those three character's cards. I love how its a reference to the original boxart for Gaiden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh? The symbols around their power and support values are the same as those of the gray cards from the previous set? Huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's reveal features Faye as a Harrier, who evidently believes that excessive cleavage is the way to Alm's heart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, so that is the gimmick that the overclasses are going to have? Can't wait to see how busted Conqueror Alm will end up being.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm reading that the right way, it costs more to promote her than it does to outright deploy her?

She's a flier at least; I hope someone will need these Faye cards, because I sure don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it seems that the overclasses are going to have a completely new design around their deployment/promotion costs when compared to promotions that aren't the overclasses.

And their promotion cost's circle is completely golden already. Makes me wonder what would happen with a signed overclass card. Both the promotion cost's number and the circle being the exact same color wouldn't work, obviously. Meanwhile, turning the regular deployment cost to be the same as the color inside their power and support circles isn't an option either for the exact same reason.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

If I'm reading that the right way, it costs more to promote her than it does to outright deploy her?

She's a flier at least; I hope someone will need these Faye cards, because I sure don't.

I need these Faye cards, taking out a bond without giving the opponent a new card in hand sounds very good to me. And with Alm as lord she always has 1-2 range. (or am I missing the sarcasm here?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whase said:

I need these Faye cards, taking out a bond without giving the opponent a new card in hand sounds very good to me. And with Alm as lord she always has 1-2 range. (or am I missing the sarcasm here?)

I don't play and hate the card. If you want 'em at least I know where to send a few of the inevitable 4 I'm going to be skunked with.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, guess that signed Harrier Faye answers my previous question. Signed overclass units simply have the number of their regular deployment cost turn gold and leave it at that.

Additionally, looks like non-OC characters who appeared in Warriors really are going to have gray versions of themselves. The DLC characters are probably not going to get cards here, sadly. Would have liked to see Minerva get a modern version of herself here. Oh well, there's always S13, at least. Also, gray cards are actually going to have promotions this time around.

Speaking of "OCs", looks like my guess about how since Shade and Yuzu were their SoV selves in S9 while Yuzu and Randall joined the other factions of that set this set is going to have Yuzu and Randall as their SoV selves while Shade and Yuzu will be in other factions. Or "faction", actually, since I doubt that they would actually end up being gray. Well, I say that I was correct but all that has actually been confirmed is that Yuzu is going to be red. Her art is too blurry to really make out if she is actually her Priestess self or not. I also wonder how Alice and Valjean will be handled here. Neither appeared in SoV but would they really get gray promotions this time around? Because if both of them will end up neither red nor gray then four of the six Cipher OCs will end up purple in this set. Which would be an odd distribution, to say the least. Or if at least one of them does end up gray then maybe at least one of either Shade or Emma will be gray instead of purple as well? We'll see, I guess.

By the way, is Myrrh the first card to feature that sort of gap (due to being weaponless) among her "characteristic" icons?

And I see that the 5/4 Ephraim and Eirika have been based around the 5/4 Alm and Celica from S9, what with the costs, the joined art, Duma and Fomortiis in the background and everything else. Also, given that all three of the games that are getting featured in this set have the "dual protagonist" thing in them (though Alm and Celica aren't twins or even blood related at all), it makes me wonder if the card designers will go all the way and also have the 4/5 Conqueror Alm and Rigain Celica as well as the promoted, Great Lord versions of Rowan and Lianna have joined art with mini-Grima and Velezark in the background respectively.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't look too deeply into Eirika and Ephraim's joined art as being indicative of the other lords getting that. They've had joined art with the final boss in the background going back as far as series 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

By the way, is Myrrh the first card to feature that sort of gap (due to being weaponless) among her "characteristic" icons?

Limstella also features a gap in her icons, as her card lacks a gender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Also, it seems that the overclasses are going to have a completely new design around their deployment/promotion costs when compared to promotions that aren't the overclasses.

And their promotion cost's circle is completely golden already. Makes me wonder what would happen with a signed overclass card. Both the promotion cost's number and the circle being the exact same color wouldn't work, obviously. Meanwhile, turning the regular deployment cost to be the same as the color inside their power and support circles isn't an option either for the exact same reason.

I know you've already seen the signed Harrier Faye, but I'd like to add that the card design for overclasses is actually recycled from the cards used for characters in master classes (aka third tier classes) that have been around since Series 5, see Micaiah SR or the newer Gray SR+ for comparison.

I think for all intents and purposes overclasses won't be as overpowered in FE Cipher as they are in FE Echoes because the TCG seems to want to group them together with third tier classes for the sake of game balance. I personally find it nice to see how they've accommodated the card game to include overclasses without treating them as broken fourth tier classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

I know you've already seen the signed Harrier Faye, but I'd like to add that the card design for overclasses is actually recycled from the cards used for characters in master classes (aka third tier classes) that have been around since Series 5, see Micaiah SR or the newer Gray SR+ for comparison.

Oh, right. I completely forgot about those. Thanks.

12 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

Limstella also features a gap in her icons, as her card lacks a gender.

I see. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Hardin said:

I wouldn't look too deeply into Eirika and Ephraim's joined art as being indicative of the other lords getting that. They've had joined art with the final boss in the background going back as far as series 3. 

I'm well aware that this would be a long shot. I'm just saying that it would be cool if it were to happen. I happen to have a soft for that sort of art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does it usually take for someone to translate the card effects? I'm really looking forward to seeing what these do, especially the "Twin Strike" thing the Renais twins have.

P.S. That art is utterly glorious. For all the criticism FEW gets, at least it got us these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How long does it usually take for someone to translate the card effects? I'm really looking forward to seeing what these do, especially the "Twin Strike" thing the Renais twins have.

P.S. That art is utterly glorious. For all the criticism FEW gets, at least it got us these.

For daily reveals, we typically have people around in the FE Cipher Discord server to provide translations immediately after they're posted, thus letting our wiki editors get that out soon after. Just check the pages for Eirika or Ephraim to see what their SR cards do, which we've had up since earlier today.

Cards that debut in bulk through livestreams or set release generally take some time longer to get put up, but their translations can still be found on the Discord for quick reference until they're eventually on the wiki (like these which aren't yet), which I believe we normally wait on for quality assurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that still haven't noticed it after all this time, there was a daily reveal today and it was a 4/5 Enchantress Delthea. The wiki and/or the English Cipher twitter have all the details readily available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's reveal features the true light and glory of the sacred realm of Rausten, L'Arachel!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.