GameXplain's SoV Q&A - 25 questions answered

So GameXplain has uploaded their Shadows of Valentia Q&A where they anwser 25 questions that the fans asked them. I haven't had time to watch it myself but here's the video

32 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Could someone make a summary for me?

Do you mean like people ask questions for Derrick in his Twitter Profile and ask if he encountered any stuff that are in the English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I did asked three questions to Derrick about if Silque can promote to Sage or not, any enemies were marked as "Alm's Army", and can Mae cast Excalibur like in the English trailers since those three weren't in the Japanese version and we aren't exactly sure if they did appeared in the English copies or they were accidently taken from the Beta testing back then and the developers of the trailers didn't realize they don't appear in the final version.

By the way, I haven't watched the entire video yet since I just got back here and I don't know if he manages to answer my question about Sage Silque, Alm's Army mistake, and Mae casting Excalibur was in the English copies or not?

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Do you mean like people ask questions for Derrick in his Twitter Profile and ask if he encountered any stuff that are in the English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I did asked three questions to Derrick about if Silque can promote to Sage or not, any enemies were marked as "Alm's Army", and can Mae cast Excalibur like in the English trailers since those three weren't in the Japanese version and we aren't exactly sure if they did appeared in the English copies or they were accidently taken from the Beta testing back then and the developers of the trailers didn't realize they don't appear in the final version.

I mean just a summary of questions asked and a short answer to them.

37 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Could someone make a summary for me?

Don't have an exact summery since my memory is shit, but here's some of the stuff i got from it

• Game starts off pretty easy but at around Act 3 is when the difficulty starts to go up
  • Voice acting is amazing
  • The minimum amount of damage you can take is 1 damage. Basically, you can't just send in a wall that blocks everything. You'll have to heal them up eventually.
  • Arts are nice to have but you don't need to use them
  • Alm and Celica are good characters in both story and gameplay
  • Mae is best girl though Derrick also likes Clair and Faye
  • The "Alm's Army" and Mae using Excalibur mistakes are not present in the actual game
  • Mila's Turnwheel is useful but it is not a win button. The game can still find ways to beat you even after rewinding a couple turns. And also, since Alm or Celica's death results in an automatic game over, there is no rewinding at that point.
  • Derrick doesn't really have a problem with the map design
  • Game's different enough where it's kinda hard to say whether it's better or worse than other FEs. On that note, Derrick also says that it could be good starting point since the game eases you into the mechanics, but don't expect most of what Echoes does to be in other FEs
  • Derrick found himself promoting ASAP, as opposed to waiting until Lv.20
  • No limit to how many Supports each character can have per playthrough but not everyone can Support with everyone
  • Derrick is enjoying the game a lot.
Edited by Armagon

I just started watching the video right now, I'm extremely surprised the first question that are my two questions that I asked last night to Derrick if he encountered any mysteries about Alm's Army and Mae casting Excalibur were in the full version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I did heard Derrick said he did not encountered nor saw them happened his retail copy. But, I didn't hear him that he answered my question regarding about the Sage Silque since this is one of the three possible Beta or mistakes that we saw earlier in the English trailers quite yet.

Edited by King Marth 64

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't have an exact summery since my memory is shit, but here's some of the stuff i got from it

• Game starts off pretty easy but at around Act 3 is when the difficulty starts to go up
  • Voice acting is amazing
  • The minimum amount of damage you can take is 1 damage. Basically, you can't just send in a wall that blocks everything. You'll have to heal them up eventually.
  • Arts are nice to have but you don't need to use them
  • Alm and Celica are good characters in both story and gameplay
  • Mae is best girl though Derrick also likes Clair and Faye
  • The "Alm's Army" and Mae using Excalibur mistakes are not present in the actual game
  • Mila's Turnwheel is useful but it is not a win button. The game can still find ways to beat you even after rewinding a couple turns. And also, since Alm or Celica's death results in an automatic game over, there is no rewinding at that point.
  • Derrick doesn't really have a problem with the map design
  • Game's different enough where it's kinda hard to say whether it's better or worse than other FEs. On that note, Derrick also says that it could be good starting point since the game eases you into the mechanics, but don't expect most of what Echoes does to be in other FEs
  • Derrick found himself promoting ASAP, as opposed to waiting until Lv.20
  • No limit to how many Supports each character can have per playthrough but not everyone can Support with everyone
  • Derrick is enjoying the game a lot.

Thanks! You're the MVP!

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I just started watching the video right now, I'm extremely surprised the first question that are my two questions that I asked last night to Derrick if he encountered any mysteries about Alm's Army and Mae casting Excalibur were in the full version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I did heard Derrick said he did not encountered nor saw them happened his retail copy. But, I didn't hear him that he answered my question regarding about the Sage Silque since this is one of the three possible Beta or mistakes that we saw earlier in the English trailers quite yet.

You got your questions answered too? Cool! Wonder if anyone else here got their questions answered! :Joshua:

Just now, Michelaar said:

Thanks! You're the MVP!

No problem. Again, i probably missed some things and the stuff here is just what i remembered so be sure to check the video when you eventually get the chance.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No problem. Again, i probably missed some things and the stuff here is just what i remembered so be sure to check the video when you eventually get the chance.

I most probably will!

Ok, I managed to listened to the entire details on the video what Derrick has answered all the 25 questions, I didn't heard any answers (my question or someone else's question) regarding about if Silque can promote to Sage like in the trailers is actually a mistake like Alm's Army and Mae casting Excalibur. I managed to re-listened to Derrick explaining the answer that I asked that is near at the beginning of the video about Mae casting Excalibur and he didn't see that yet but he is leveling Mae up.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Hasn't the game been out for nearly a month and been datamined in terms of supports and whatnot on this very site?

It was released in Japan around April 20th. Some of the people that answered to Derrick probably haven't know full well about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia yet and a few people probably wanted to play the game without seeing the spoilers that aren't shown in Trailers yet.

Edited by King Marth 64

8 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Hasn't the game been out for nearly a month and been datamined in terms of supports and whatnot on this very site?

Adding to what King Marth said, some of the questions were also more opinion-oriented such as "who is best girl."