Trails in the Sky The 3rd S-Craft Exhibition

Jedi

I decided to do this, in honor of finishing 3rd, now warning there are some potential spoilers in this so, open at your own risk. Also I plan on doing boss S-Crafts down the road.

Edited by Jedi

I kinda wish this game had more new ones. I think it's only the new characters (counting Julia) and Kevin who actually got noticeable upgrades. It's a shame since most of the ones that were added with 3rd were pretty cool like Sakura Morning Moon, Esmelas Heart, and technically Righteous Witness.

18 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I kinda wish this game had more new ones. I think it's only the new characters (counting Julia) and Kevin who actually got noticeable upgrades. It's a shame since most of the ones that were added with 3rd were pretty cool like Sakura Morning Moon, Esmelas Heart, and technically Righteous Witness.

Sakura Morning Moon is like my favorite haha, well that and Kevins 3rd one. of the new ones.

Righteous Witness (which I think debuted with the 3rd, since Mueller himself wasn't added to SC until the PSP release?) is one of my favorites from the series, just because of how ridiculously over-the-top it is compared to the character performing it. It's a shame Mueller himself isn't particularly useful in either game, between terrible availability and lack of a noteworthy gimmick. Meanwhile the bearer of Sakura Morning Moon has the opposite problem, where he's ridiculously good but not in a way that lets you actively use his S-Craft (since its his normal crafts that make him so broken.)

Kevin's new ones are also definitely top-tier as well; it's a shame they compete with Grail Sphere, but they're still more than usable and it's always really cool to pull 'em out. I think the dark one is even cooler, despite technically being the weaker version, just because it's so unnerving seeing Kevin say things like that.

It's a shame Anelace didn't get a better one, as well, since she really needed one.

My favorite overall is probably Death's Embrace from CS2.

Edited by Iridium

Jedi, I don't think this needed a separate thread, haha. Can't complain about more Trails threads, though.

After seeing all the S-Crafts in the Sky and Cold Steel games, I think my favourite one is still Phantom Raid (favourite Cold Steel one is either Termination Slash: Dawn or... is it called Eternal Ruination?). It suits Joshua really well. Shoutouts to REQUIEM FOR A DOOMED OPPONENT for being stupidly ridiculous.

I do kinda miss it when S-Crafts were just, like, super moves, though. Well, until Agate decided he was gonna go 300% anime, that is. That's when I accepted our over-the-top overlords.

This is part of Jedi's secret plan to force Vincent into creating a Falcom sub-forum

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Termination Slash: Dawn

Dusk why

2 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Dusk why

That sheathing animation alone makes it fantastic. The entire S-Craft is great, apart from what comes out of Rean's mouth.

2 hours ago, Tonton said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Richard says in Sakura Morning Moon

Best S craft

As clouds fall Sakura Bloom 
Fallen warriors gather in the evening gloom 
And I present to you your doom! 
SAKURA MORNING MOON!

16 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

After seeing all the S-Crafts in the Sky and Cold Steel games, I think my favourite one is still Phantom Raid

I haven't seen all of the Cold Steel 2 S-Crafts yet (I like how Fie definitely gets Phantom Raid, though!) but I agree.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

I haven't seen all of the Cold Steel 2 S-Crafts yet (I like how Fie definitely gets Phantom Raid, though!) but I agree.

My favorite S-Crafts are probably 

Dragon Dive, Zodiac Rain (Emma's eventual 2nd), Phoenix Wave, Spear of Ur, Sakura Morning Moon and Deadly Cross.

But theres so many good ones, I might change some of those.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Abelus said:

Hi everyone, I made a compilation with bosses s-crafts

Thank you for the improved compilation! I hadn't had a chance to actually haha.