Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually liked Ursula and Zephiel, and I don't think this is too horrible either. It's not very anime, but it does give like, Resident Evil vibes.

I must now resist the urge to draw Lloyd KO-ing a Hunter or a Licker from that game.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Seems like Elibe units don't have as good as art that portray the orginals as much (i.e. Eliwood)? Not that I've played the games, but when comparing to other art it seems they got the short end of the stick. (That said, I like Zephiel and don't mind Ursula)

I was looking forward to knowing more about Lloyd because of his original design, but the art is disappointing. Just give him longer hair and more noticeable stubble and I'll be happier. Still hope he's a good unit at least!

Honestly i don't mind most of the Elibe designs... Alot of them are quite decent with some stylistic liberties. Like Jaffar's is quite good, this one however is sketchy.. He looks like he's a morph

I just hope that the schedule for the next four or so Grand Hero Battles gets posted soon after Lloyd's comes out. And I really hope that Camus is the first on that list. I mean really, IS ought to at least give the players access to all the playable units that have been coded into the game since day one before moving on.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

18 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I just hope that the schedule for the next four or so Grand Hero Battles gets posted soon after Lloyd's comes out. And I really hope that Camus is the first on that list. I mean really, IS ought to at least give the players access to all the playable units that have been coded into the game since day one before moving on.

I wouldn't complain about him being second, after Linus, but I hope he isn't any later than that. Linus following Lloyd would make sense, and personally, I'd find it convenient because it'd let me keep putting off on upgrading Alfonse.

(He's the only one of the Askr trio I haven't upgraded to 5* yet, and I have Xander so I'll be fine for the Celica banner. I plan on upgrading Camus when he's released, so if he's second after Lloyd that'll cover me for next time Alfonse comes up too. I'm sure I can get 40k feathers in the next ~7 weeks but it could be a bit tight, especially depending on how many characters I need to upgrade to 4* in the meantime.)

Lloyd's map and stats have been announced:

Lloyd
57 / 48 / 36 / 20 / 30

Regal Blade (At the start of combat, if foe's HP is 100%, unit receives Atk and Spd +2 during combat)
Iceberg
Pass 3
Threaten Atk 3

EDIT: Grand Hero Battle begins in 24 hours.

EDIT 2: We can expect his player character stats to be something like this, depending on what bonuses they gave him for his boss stats:

40-42 HP
30-32 Atk
34-36 Spd
18-20 Def
28-30 Res

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So you want a good red melee, a blue physical, a green something decent...

You know, I think Robin might be nice here. Also, substitute that red melee for an archer, maybe...

Ursula maybe? Kills the horse enemys with her specialtome and can deal with the infantery mage due to her high res and has triangle advantage on LLoyd

Hmm... Lloyd's default skillset isn't looking that impressive aside from Regal Blade being seemingly unique and Iceberg working off of 30 Res (if that's his actual Res cap as a 5-star unit). His stats are rather... traditional for a speedy sword infantry unit in Heroes (similar to the likes of Lyn, Eirika, Fir, etc.), just with more Atk (assuming 32 Atk is his cap). Spd tier is high though (assuming 36 Spd is his cap).

I wonder if my current Arena offense team can nuke the map.

Keeping my feathers for Camus or Tharja; just want to reach 40K feathers first or know when Camus's map comes out.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hm... based on the positioning of the axe pegasus, I'm going to assume it has Wings of Mercy because that's a really odd place to start.

That said, if you have Palla or a high-Def green flier, baiting the pegasus might work pretty well since it's the only unit that can reach the bottom-most mountain tile directly below it.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hm... based on the positioning of the axe pegasus, I'm going to assume it has Wings of Mercy because that's a really odd place to start.

That said, if you have Palla or a high-Def green flier, baiting the pegasus might work pretty well since it's the only unit that can reach the bottom-most mountain tile directly below it.

Who's it mercy for? If it's to discourage blues attacking Lloyd... you can't move after you teleport.

One thing for sure, the 1-day wait's going to be a bit agonizing for me since I already finished the Sacred Seals quests in less than 9 hours after their release and I have no other quests to do.

Also curious about which heroes are going to be featured in the banner.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Who's it mercy for? If it's to discourage blues attacking Lloyd... you can't move after you teleport.

There are two ranged units on the map that would give the pegasus the ability to attack after the teleport.

That said, preventing blue fliers from attacking Lloyd over the mountains does make some sense. (But then, they could have just cut out the first column of tiles and added a new column on the right to achieve a similar effect.)

There are two ranged units on the map that would give the pegasus the ability to attack after the teleport.

That said, preventing blue fliers from attacking Lloyd over the mountains does make some sense. (But then, they could have just cut out the first column of tiles and added a new column on the right to achieve a similar effect.)

Problem is, once you've started attacking those rangers, the green axe is already a problem. Unless baiting the archer is your first action.

I'm thinking that pegasus is supposed to a problem for any blue unit trying to set up vs Lloyd. Look at their overlap. Trying to put Sharena in position is going to be fun.

Now that there's some more Twitter info, have a PSA:

If you're going to put datamined stuff in the topic, say so in the title.  Failing to do so is grounds for topic deletion.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Problem is, once you've started attacking those rangers, the green axe is already a problem. Unless baiting the archer is your first action.

I'm thinking that pegasus is supposed to a problem for any blue unit trying to set up vs Lloyd. Look at their overlap. Trying to put Sharena in position is going to be fun.

The bow knight has 1 more reach than any other unit on the left side of the river (and overlaps the blue mage only on the right-side tile in the choke and on the right side of the river). If you're going up the choke, baiting the archer is forced to be your first action.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Now that there's some more Twitter info, have a PSA:

If you're going to put datamined stuff in the topic, say so in the title.  Failing to do so is grounds for topic deletion.

Oh, okay. May I ask why though?

The bow knight has 1 more reach than any other unit on the left side of the river (and overlaps the blue mage only on the right-side tile in the choke and on the right side of the river). If you're going up the choke, baiting the archer is forced to be your first action.

Depends on what unit you've got sitting. For Wings of Mercy to count, your bait has to bite back, which it may or may not. And that has to be a particularly bulky archer to survive if you're biting. (I think...)

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, okay. May I ask why though?

1. Not everyone wants to see that (I don't, and I doubt I'm the only one on SF).
2. The Lloyd event was announced a couple of months back.  Thus, it's not completely unreasonable to expect just discussion, as opposed to maps, assets, and the like.

Just now, eclipse said:

1. Not everyone wants to see that (I don't, and I doubt I'm the only one on SF).
2. The Lloyd event was announced a couple of months back.  Thus, it's not completely unreasonable to expect just discussion, as opposed to maps, assets, and the like.

Okay. I put it up there because I thought it would be helpful, but I didn't think about that part.