Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Okay. I put it up there because I thought it would be helpful, but I didn't think about that part.

It is helpful, just not for everyone.  A little forewarning goes a long way!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Depends on what unit you've got sitting. For Wings of Mercy to count, your bait has to bite back, which it may or may not. And that has to be a particularly bulky archer to survive if you're biting. (I think...)

If you don't bite back, you now have 5 completely healthy units breathing down your back.

If you do bite back, you absolutely have to kill the bow knight or risk being teleported on (I wouldn't be surprised if the lance knight also had Wings of Mercy for that matter since there's space for 2 units to teleport in).

I'm not sure if we've had an enemy bow knight in a Grand Hero Battle before to predict stats from.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you don't bite back, you now have 5 completely healthy units breathing down your back.

If you do bite back, you absolutely have to kill the bow knight or risk being teleported on (I wouldn't be surprised if the lance knight also had Wings of Mercy for that matter since there's space for 2 units to teleport in).

I'm not sure if we've had an enemy bow knight in a Grand Hero Battle before to predict stats from.

...I'm not sure, it all seems a little close for me to think that the teleporting is a dealbreaker. If they were a little further back, maybe, but GHBs are a lot about dogpiling.

I'm kinda torn about FEH Lloyd. He's one of my favorite FE characters but his FEH art is awful. I'll definitely try him out, though. 

As for team setup, maybe I should train Hector and Subaki and Resposition Hector to the right side of the map so he can take care of the blues. Faye or Takumi can take out the flying axe unit and Lloyd can be taken out by Reinhardt, Subaki or Abel. 

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...I'm not sure, it all seems a little close for me to think that the teleporting is a dealbreaker. If they were a little further back, maybe, but GHBs are a lot about dogpiling.

And I'm thinking it's far too suspicious that the bow knight is so open to being baited with the axe pegasus skulking out in the corner.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

And I'm thinking it's far too suspicious that the bow knight is so open to being baited with the axe pegasus skulking out in the corner.

...Well, I am planning on baiting from beside the river. Maybe an axe to the face on top of the archer and mage might be painful.

Are the weapons plain Silver ones? I was thinking looking at what weapons they're holding might give us a clue, but to be honest, I've only gotten really good at picking out the Brave weapons from a glance. And anti-armour, but I'm doubting Wings Of Mercy stacks well with anti-armour.
(Were previous Twitter previews weapon-accurate?)

Doesn't baiting the Bow Knight also leave you open to attack from the Blue Mage?

Also yeah they're all Silver weapons. I wonder if they'll someday give a Bow Knight the Firesweep.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm kinda torn about FEH Lloyd. He's one of my favorite FE characters but his FEH art is awful. I'll definitely try him out, though. 

As for team setup, maybe I should train Hector and Subaki and Resposition Hector to the right side of the map so he can take care of the blues. Faye or Takumi can take out the flying axe unit and Lloyd can be taken out by Reinhardt, Subaki or Abel. 

Exactly my idea - good thing I gave reposition to Camilla this week to clear the 11-5 lunatic task.

Wonder if my nino could survive the archer.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...Well, I am planning on baiting from beside the river. Maybe an axe to the face on top of the archer and mage might be painful.

Are the weapons plain Silver ones? I was thinking looking at what weapons they're holding might give us a clue, but to be honest, I've only gotten really good at picking out the Brave weapons from a glance. And anti-armour, but I'm doubting Wings Of Mercy stacks well with anti-armour.
(Were previous Twitter previews weapon-accurate?)

Those look like Silver weapons to me. I'm pretty sure the Twitter previews have been accurate for weapons.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Doesn't baiting the Bow Knight also leave you open to attack from the Blue Mage?

The square 3 tiles above Lyn can only be reached by the bow knight.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also yeah they're all Silver weapons. I wonder if they'll someday give a Bow Knight the Firesweep.

I wonder whether the blue mage’s tome is Thoron or Blárwolf.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The square 3 tiles above Lyn can only be reached by the bow knight.

Oh, I see it now. Maybe the Bow Knight has a Breaker or something?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder whether the blue mage’s tome is Thoron or Blárwolf.

I can't pick out tomes from how they look unless they're Prf tomes (or the Owl tomes with golden trims), so I have no idea lol.

...You know, it might not be a Firesweep Bow he's got, but the Bow Knight might have Watersweep. It'll patch the weakness @Ice Dragon has spotted while making the pegasus coming from above more dangerous.

It could also be Windsweep, but I've used Klein too much to think of Heroes archers as good baiters.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can't pick out tomes from how they look unless they're Prf tomes (or the Owl tomes with golden trims), so I have no idea lol.

That's because most tomes actually use the exact same sprite.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...You know, it might not be a Firesweep Bow he's got, but the Bow Knight might have Watersweep. It'll patch the weakness @Ice Dragon has spotted while making the pegasus coming from above more dangerous.

It could also be Windsweep, but I've used Klein too much to think of Heroes archers as good baiters.

If that's the case, then people with Xander/Ryoma/Hector will be most overjoyed.

Just now, eclipse said:

If that's the case, then people with Xander/Ryoma/Hector will be most overjoyed.

Xander/Ryoma/Hector also don't fear the axe pegasus bearing down on them, though the blue mage nearby is also somewhat threatening.

Hasn't Hector been one of those "skip difficulty" characters anyway? (Thinking back to Ursula on this one...)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Xander/Ryoma/Hector also don't fear the axe pegasus bearing down on them, though the blue mage nearby is also somewhat threatening.

Hasn't Hector been one of those "skip difficulty" characters anyway? (Thinking back to Ursula on this one...)

Hector should be able to swat everything away.  Depending on attack order, Ryoma might be able to as well.  Not sure about That One Space.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because most tomes actually use the exact same sprite.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, wow, you're right. I went and took a peek. That's lame.

Yes, hence my wondering which of the tomes that one could be. We have never seen a generic enemy -blade in a hero battle, have we?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Yes, hence my wondering which of the tomes that one could be. We have never seen a generic enemy -blade in a hero battle, have we?

It'll be funny if this one has Blarblade+ and the bow knight has Hone Atk 3 and S Hone Res 1.

Narcian had Thoron and Gronnraven.
Robin had Gronnwolf, Thoron and Bolganone.
Ursula had Blarwolf.
Michalis had no magic.
Navarre had Panic, I guess.
Xander had Gronnwolf and Gravity.

No Blades. Also, the other maps looked like they had at least one non-Silver weapon, too, so maybe this one might be unique. Or the Regal Blade counts as non-Silver.

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yeah Subaki & Hector seems like easy mode here

I am thinking going with Eldigan and Azura/Olwen for axe flier and  Lloyd respectively after that.

Edited by Tenzen12

That spot where the archer and the blue mage can attack is calling for a raven/TA green mage. Like my Soren. Depending on if they die or not, the strategy will vary, but it's a good start, and there's always dancers to finish the job/put him back to safety. Lloyd seems fodder for Ephraim or Ike, and the axe flier should be easily dispatched with maybe Tharja, or another red.

Doesn't seem too difficult, depending on stats and which abilities they carry, of course.

Cecilia for the spot with the archer and blue mage.
Ceada/Palla for the spot directly under the green flier on the first mountain tile.
A dancer.
And a tough blue unit? I'm going to mention Oboro again but Effie is more likely.

I just remembered that Palla was a quest unit. I could see Mkv or nstyler posting 2 strategies with and without her for this since some people joined after her availability.

Also, I could see some shenanigans happening with Spring Camilla running T-Adept and Gronnraven going under the blue mage and mounted archer assuming neither have Watersweep or Windsweep.

Hmm, Reposition, Pivot, and Smite could allow you to get a green mage over there. Unfortunately, none of the special map or quest units have those skills except for Barst which might not be ideal if whatever green mage can handle all the 2 blues and archer leaving Barst mainly for the axe flyer since Lloyd's definitely going to destroy him.

Edit: Reinhardt and a dancer thrown over the river. Let the terror begin for those poor schmucks.

Edited by Kaden