Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still haven't gotten his stats yet? Hmm. They're getting better at withholding.

He seriously could be amazing. If Regal Blade's ability works like Celicas, but without the damage and using enemy hp, and if he has the stats (36 or higher speed), he could do some serious damage.

With Desperation and Darting Blow 3, he could go up to 44 speed when attacking a full health unit (38 on defense), plus get an additional 4 from spur or hone, bring him up to 48.

Of course, he could also have 30 speed and just be ok. Or 26 and be useless.

Too hard to tell.

Edited by dragonlordsd

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Drag back?

*laughs in Michalis*

Also, don't forget, they can't drag back if you ORKO them on retaliation 

10 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Drag Back + Armoured Blow 3. If there was a Special counter listed, I'd also totally say pre-charged Miracle. :P:

I was about to say the first part. But man that Miracle sounds absolutely evil and disgusting if they had a special.

Edited by shadowofchaos

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I think as others suspect that Axe Pegasus has freaking drag back to counter a flier swordie "easy bait".

Lloyd is the only unit with a special skill.

I suppose Drag Back also makes sense since it will pull the unit right into the bow knight's range.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why have they stopped cheating with Special counters in the last two GHBs? That was so evil in Ursula's battle, I loved it.

Because they realized how stupid it is

Just now, Arcanite said:

Because they realized how stupid it is

I'll say, I didn't like the Aegis hax, but Ursula's Growing Thunder starting at 3-count was very interesting to me. If you couldn't ORKO her, you'd have to play around her advantage, and some people managed to do so.

Looking at the map, You could probably smite a green ground unit across the river and have them mop up the 3 enemies on the right, have a red or archer for the top left Pegasus, and maybe a blue flier or horse for the boss (in case he chases the green on the right), leaving an open slot for dancing/smiting/healing/buffing as needed.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'll say, I didn't like the Aegis hax, but Ursula's Growing Thunder starting at 3-count was very interesting to me. If you couldn't ORKO her, you'd have to play around her advantage, and some people managed to do so.

"Ursula's Growing Thunder starting at 3-count was very interesting to me"

Yeah okay

"Lets make the Lunatic maps even more screwed up than they already are"

Granted, the hard maps are for those who aren't prepared so maybe you have a point in saying that they should keep hacking the game to make it hard to beat the maps. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

"Ursula's Growing Thunder starting at 3-count was very interesting to me"

Yeah okay

"Lets make the Lunatic maps even more screwed up than they already are"

Granted, the hard maps are for those who aren't prepared so maybe you have a point in saying that they should keep hacking the game to make it hard to beat the maps. 

Every GHB that has been "fair" so far has been quite a cakewalk (Navarre and Xander are the best examples), so I think they should keep cheating like that. Maps like Narcian's and F!Robin are truly unfair, while I feel like Michalis was a little bit too cheese.

Every GHB that has been "fair" so far has been quite a cakewalk (Navarre and Xander are the best examples), so I think they should keep cheating like that. Maps like Narcian's and F!Robin are truly unfair, while I feel like Michalis was a little bit too cheese.

Navarre's map was hilarious XD

Xander's map was too, though I struggle to remember whether or not the special triggers mattered (since the only thing I do remember is that I brought Nino Robin and 2 dancers and won in like 2 or 3 turns)

So you have a point, and I did say that the Hard maps are for those who aren't prepared too. Really doing the Lunatic maps is for style points.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Navarre's map was hilarious XD

Xander's map was too, though I struggle to remember whether or not the special triggers mattered (since the only thing I do remember is that I brought Nino Robin and 2 dancers and won in like 2 or 3 turns)

So you have a point, and I did say that the Hard maps are for those who aren't prepared too. Really doing the Lunatic maps is for style points.

Maybe they should do Lunatic+ maps. Full SI enemies.

Maybe they should do Lunatic+ maps. Full SI enemies.

Well I'd never be able to do those.

that seems like a Whales only type of thing LOL

Part of wonders what would happen if a future GHB's winning condition was a defense map with aggressive enemies and the GHB unit you're fighting was completely invincible and one shots every unit including by ignoring Miracle. Oh, and they have Wings of Mercy either built-in to their weapon, as a B-skill, or as a busted Sacred Seal. So, if you don't kill the other enemy units immediately or can't avoid them, then you are screwed. Probably the worst example of game design was just demonstrated here: essentially, impossible winning conditions.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Looking at the map, You could probably smite a green ground unit across the river and have them mop up the 3 enemies on the right, have a red or archer for the top left Pegasus, and maybe a blue flier or horse for the boss (in case he chases the green on the right), leaving an open slot for dancing/smiting/healing/buffing as needed.

Exactly thats gonna be my first strategic attemt.

I will try it with hector. Hopefully he will be to smash those three units. If that works out its gonna be piece of cake

There's a perfect spot for a Triangle Adept Gronnraven mage right about the little mountain near the starting point. I'm going to park cavalry-buffed Cecilia there and hope she murders both the bowman and the mage.

Of course, one of the two units could be packing Green Tomebreaker or even Watersweep to stop something like that, but it should still be okay for a first move to get the enemy moving. (I actually think Windsweep/Watersweep would be really fun and interesting skill choices on a GHB map, since so many strategies revolve around baiting and counter-killing.) With some Dancer support I'm sure Cecilia can mop up the blue cav and then run for the hills when Lloyd gets too close. After which Reinhardt can swoop in and eat Lloyd for breakfast while Xander baits a Pegasus.

Horse Emblem (and a dancer) is going to win this. I just feel it.

Well, I was almost right on the bow knight. He had Death Blow and a breaker. Namely, Swordbreaker. The generic melee have Lunge. Mage has Darting Blow and Daggerbreaker.

I ended up tossing Hector over to the right and wrecking their team. Lloyd chased him, but since I had Cordelia as the one who tossed Hector over, it just ended in pain for Lloyd. The flier is actually the one with LaD and Xander handily exploded her (one-shot). Any decent other sword could probably do about the same. Lloyd's nothing special, so a solid lancer would wreck him hard. Definitely want to pull and kill the bow knight immediately if not able to deploy a Hector to the right side. He and the mage have very strong mixed damage if their initiate, so picking one off is imperative. Once that happens, their formation should fall apart.

How's everyone doing with this Grand Hero Battle? I personally think it was manageable. I got Lloyd already, his art is still off for me but at least they've done him justice as Kaiji Tang voices him.

I think Smite helps here if you don't really find it necessary to use a flier. But yeah this map was a breeze compared to that of URSULA's 3:<