Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

9 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Did it on the first try, Hector just eats this map wholesale. I fielded Hector, Rebecca w/Brave Bow, Azura, and Reinhardt w/Reposition. I put Hector on the square to bait the mage and bow cav, and then they suicide on him. The pegasus knight starts coming down the mountain, and Lloyd and his lance cav goon advance. Rebecca nom noms the pegasus, while Reinhardt helps Hector move to where he wouldn't be pulled into Lloyd's range by the Lunge skill. Lloyd and the cav, if left to their own devices, just dance around each other. I had Hector tank the cav. Hector then finishes the cav, and Reinhardt kills Lloyd with dance assistance.

Hector is a easy win button :P

___

I beated it using a strategy like Mkv's but with other Reciprocal Aid user.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Hmmmmm. Maybe if I have Draug pull the bow knight

Why is Draug the answer to all of your problems

On 5/18/2017 at 8:30 AM, Arcanite said:

Judging by the positioning of the moon and the stars, combined with the law of conservation of mass using a quadratic function (I have no idea what I'm saying) I have come to one distinct conclusion:

Nino kills everyone on the whole map

Welp! See you guys when everyone is dead!

I said this in general, but it definitely holds water

Nino killed everyone besides the bow and Lloyd himself

#EasyLikeSundayMorning

Am I or am I not psychic? AM I!?!?!?!?

Hacked out the arena team, consisting of Jakob, Azura, Alphonse, and Spring Camilla.  Camilla took out both the bow knight and the mage, thanks to Spur Atk 2.  Jakob/Alphonse smacked the flier.  From there, it was a matter of prying Lloyd and the lance cavalier apart. Once I did that, the map was won.

Beat it with Takumi, Olivia, Abel and Camilla. (Though camilla and Olivia did squat while Abel sweeped the map himself, only leaving the green flier and bow knight for Takumi. In Takumi's defense, that Bow Knight really wanted him dead.)

While training up my new Boey and 4* Lloyd, I decided to give the Hard version of this a shot with the two of them joined by Clarine and Olivia. Didn't work when they were a few levels below 30, but after training them up a bit more to 29-30, I was able to pull it off.

Huh, I haven't messed around with different teams yet, but there's one thing that seems odd, maybe I just missed something. I had Ike (29 spd) bait the bow cav (23 spd), who gets rally defensed and hone attacked. The bow cav then doubles and kills him. Why is that?

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Huh, I haven't messed around with different teams yet, but there's one thing that seems odd, maybe I just missed something. I had Ike (29 spd) bait the bow cav (23 spd), who gets rally defensed and hone attacked. The bow cav then doubles and kills him. Why is that?

Bow cav has sword breaker.......

1 minute ago, immatx said:

I'm an idiot

Your words not mine there buddy

Also! Remember the bow cav has fortify cavalry and the lance cav has hone cavalry! Pay attention to that when forming your strategy!!

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Your words not mine there buddy

Also! Remember the bow cav has fortify cavalry and the lance cav has hone cavalry! Pay attention to that when forming your strategy!!

I'm fairly certain you've said that multiple times sooo yea

My strategy ended up being have Julia tank and snipe. Dunno why I didn't do that first. She cleared half the map for me, and Effie face-tanked the rest.

I've linked some of the more detailed non-Hector strats that some of you guys have posted in the OP (well, second post). If you're having trouble, perhaps you could pose questions to the people whose strats I linked.

Also, links to Mkv's etc. vids are up on that post as well.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've linked some of the more detailed non-Hector strats that some of you guys have posted in the OP (well, second post). If you're having trouble, perhaps you could pose questions to the people whose strats I linked.

Also, links to Mkv's etc. vids are up on that post as well.

Speaking of which, nstyler's video description has links to other strategies -- including Mkv's -- as well on YouTube. I guess a little aside could be added to that. The last two linked have got to be the most interesting for me; Esfan's, the last linked strategy basically abuses Cecilia's Escape Route and Frederick's Wings of Mercy and I'm currently watching the second to last one which has a level 1 Est. Guessing she'll be bait or cause Lloyd to remember his little sister and hesitate. :p

Anyway, I used her other strategy of Olivia, Palla, F!Robin, and Sharena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpxLwKcbsC4. All of them can be 4*, but she used a 3* level 33 Palla.

Got fed up with Effie dying and trying to see if the Smite F!Robin across the river to kill stuff would work again on Lunatic -- works, just couldn't keep Effie alive --, so I just said screw it and decided to look up a strategy and yeah, you can bait the axe flyer with Palla without much of a problem. What I didn't think of when I saw Lloyd's map was to actually get Palla to attack so that on the enemy phase, the axe flyer dies. Then again, couldn't get a clear idea of the enemy's range -- thought that the cavaliers had much more range which could have gotten Palla or whatever dancer killed -- and of course, didn't know their stats or skills.

Edited by Kaden

Edit: Another, more reliable strategy can be found here, using 3* Palla and Subaki, and 4* F!Robin and Narcian.

Beat the map with 4* Jeorge, F!Robin, and Olivia, and 5* Elise 'cause I didn't really feel like steamrolling. I also ran it through with a couple movement variants to see if it would work with Lissa, but it doesn't look like it. Basically you'd want a Rehabilitate/Gravity mounted healer for this (which admittedly doesn't open up a whole lot of options...Priscilla, off the top of my head. Edit: oh, right. Clarine too).

Spoiler

Turn 1: Setup. Get F!Robin and Jeorge to the edge of ranges, with Elise and Olivia right behind them.

Turn 2: Put F!Robin in the Bow Knight's range. Stick Jeorge under her so she has enough Spd to double (also works with a 3*). Stick Olivia under Jeorge, who will need the Atk buff to OHKO the flier on the next turn. Put Olivia to the left of Jeorge.

Turn 2 EP: BK kills himself on F!Robin, everyone else advances, with the Lance Cav using Reposition on Lloyd (idk if he will do this against a 3* F!Robin, actually). Axe Flier moves two spaces above Elise.

Turn 3: Elise moves up and hits up the Lance Cav with Gravity. Jeorge goes to Elise's former spot and OHKOs the Flier. F!Robin moves down and right one tile, so that the blue mage can hit her. Olivia dances Elise, who Rehabilitates F!Robin to full.

Turn 3 EP: Blue Mage hits F!Robin, who counters, but won't KO. Lloyd and the Lance Cav do their Reposition thing again.

Turn 4: F!Robin gets out, allowing Jeorge to KO the mage. Elise hits the Lance Cav with Gravity again. Olivia dances her out of the way.

Turn 4 EP: The "Reposition thing".

Turn 5: Jeorge KO's the Lance Cav (can't be -Spd) in 2 shots. Olivia dances him, and he moves directly below her (tbh this bit isn't really necessary, it just gives satisfyingly big numbers on the Lloyd KO).

Turn 5 EP: Lloyd advances.

Turn 6: Jeorge smacks Lloyd. Olivia dances Jeorge. Jeorge nails Lloyd with Blazing Flame and shoots him down.

Elise is +Atk...I didn't really run the numbers to see if that actually mattered.

Edited by LordFrigid

So my takumi isnt strong enough to defeat the bowknight in one round, So i need a different approach to defeat the mage and the bowknight before i can focus on defeating the team infront of me. any ideas?

After not showing her face ever since the Narcian GHB, Camilla returns with a vengeance! She kills four out of five units on this map with ease, and doesn't care about Blue magic! As long as Lloyd doesn't get to her, and the Bow Knight doesn't shoot her, she's quite a goddess on this map. I recommend her.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of which, nstyler's video description has links to other strategies -- including Mkv's -- as well on YouTube. I guess a little aside could be added to that. The last two linked have got to be the most interesting for me; Esfan's, the last linked strategy basically abuses Cecilia's Escape Route and Frederick's Wings of Mercy and I'm currently watching the second to last one which has a level 1 Est. Guessing she'll be bait or cause Lloyd to remember his little sister and hesitate. :p

I added a note next to the link, thanks.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Beat the map with 4* Jeorge, F!Robin, and Olivia, and 5* Elise 'cause I didn't really feel like steamrolling. I also ran it through with a couple movement variants to see if it would work with Lissa, but it doesn't look like it. Basically you'd want a Rehabilitate/Gravity mounted healer for this (which admittedly doesn't open up a whole lot of options...Priscilla, off the top of my head. Edit: oh, right. Clarine too).

Reveal hidden contents

Turn 1: Setup. Get F!Robin and Jeorge to the edge of ranges, with Elise and Olivia right behind them.

Turn 2: Put F!Robin in the Bow Knight's range. Stick Jeorge under her so she has enough Spd to double (also works with a 3*). Stick Olivia under Jeorge, who will need the Atk buff to OHKO the flier on the next turn. Put Olivia to the left of Jeorge.

Turn 2 EP: BK kills himself on F!Robin, everyone else advances, with the Lance Cav using Reposition on Lloyd (idk if he will do this against a 3* F!Robin, actually). Axe Flier moves two spaces above Elise.

Turn 3: Elise moves up and hits up the Lance Cav with Gravity. Jeorge goes to Elise's former spot and OHKOs the Flier. F!Robin moves down and right one tile, so that the blue mage can hit her. Olivia dances Elise, who Rehabilitates F!Robin to full.

Turn 3 EP: Blue Mage hits F!Robin, who counters, but won't KO. Lloyd and the Lance Cav do their Reposition thing again.

Turn 4: F!Robin gets out, allowing Jeorge to KO the mage. Elise hits the Lance Cav with Gravity again. Olivia dances her out of the way.

Turn 4 EP: The "Reposition thing".

Turn 5: Jeorge KO's the Lance Cav (can't be -Spd) in 2 shots. Olivia dances him, and he moves directly below her (tbh this bit isn't really necessary, it just gives satisfyingly big numbers on the Lloyd KO).

Turn 5 EP: Lloyd advances.

Turn 6: Jeorge smacks Lloyd. Olivia dances Jeorge. Jeorge nails Lloyd with Blazing Flame and shoots him down.

Elise is +Atk...I didn't really run the numbers to see if that actually mattered.

Awesome, I linked to you on the strat post up front. Join the club.

@Extrasolar @Thor Odinson @Quintessence @shadowofchaos @SniperGYS You guys are the others, if you want to feel yourself a little bit or something lmao. I gave the strats cheesy ass names because I was bored.

21 minutes ago, Thany said:

So my takumi isnt strong enough to defeat the bowknight in one round, So i need a different approach to defeat the mage and the bowknight before i can focus on defeating the team infront of me. any ideas?

SniperGYS's strategy also used Takumi, and also didn't ORKO the Bow Knight. A link can be found on the second post of the OP.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

SniperGYS's strategy also used Takumi, and also didn't ORKO the Bow Knight. A link can be found on the second post of the OP.

So i guess i would need to somehow find another lonqu for a vantage to put on takumi if i want any chance of not losing... herm...

Edited by Thany

I might revise my strat a bit since my Minerva actually needed that +1 to ORKO the peg (her +1 stat included spd, which puts her just above the stat threshold to double the peg after a Hone Spd from my Nino), but someone like QR Michalis can do that too. However, if i swap Rein to using Spur Atk 2 I don't even need Nino on the map at all, as Moonbow Minerva with just Hone Atk 3 did 44/45 damage, so spur atk 2 should make it a clean OHKO. The merge didn't affect her Atk stat, so this should be fine with any Neutral LoD3 Moonbow Minerva.

i just run a lot of repos lol

Might also do a few less-fancy-5*s runs later. I'm not cool like Mkv so no fresh 3* from me though

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

So i guess i would need to somehow find another lonqu for a vantage to put on takumi if i want any chance of not losing... herm...

Eh, I don't remember Vantage coming into play in that strategy, did it?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, I don't remember Vantage coming into play in that strategy, did it?

Vantage is what prevented the bowmen from attacking takumi when he could of killed him without his vantage in play.

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

Vantage is what prevented the bowmen from attacking takumi when he could of killed him without his vantage in play.

You have probably heard this question before, but

what are your units?

Male Robin with bowbreaker can also get rid of the bow knight pretty easily. Mine is even -atk.

I mean, my strategy used male Robin, Alfonse, Eirika, and Nino -- and you don't even really need Eirika because all she really did was provide buffs. Alfonse can also be substituted by any hard-hitting swordie. My Nino is also -atk, so you guys could try a variation of my strategy as well?

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You have probably heard this question before, but

what are your units?

As usual my main team, but some of these other units. I just not sure which ones I can use without using inheritence.

(I'd show more but for some reason the second photo is to much MBs?)

IMG_0012.PNG

@SatsumaFSoysoy I'll post my strategy in more detail here. Feel free to choose your own name!

Team (Not sure if IVs matter, assume maxed out Vanilla list if not specified otherwise. All units were 5*, 4* for all of them except Fem!Corrin might work. Might have to play around with Seals/be really picky about IVs in that case):
- Fem!Corrin. +HP Seal or +Speed Seal may be needed depending on IVs. Defiant Attack/TA not required but recommended. Mine is +Speed/-Res. Starting Point 4.
- Michalis. QR2 recommended but not strictly needed. Different special recommended but not needed. Starting Point 1. 
- Merric. Vanilla passives works. Different special recommended but not needed. Mine is +Attack/-Res. Starting point 3.
- Male!Robin. TA2/3 and B Tomebreaker required. Mine is +Speed/-Res. Starting point 4.

Starting points:

Turn 1: Move everyone up two squares, maintaining formation. No enemy movement.
Turn 2: Move Michalis up one square. Move Male!Robin right one square. Move Fem!Corrin and Merric up one square each. End result: Flying Axe and Horse Bow dead. Michalis down to 17 HP. Male!Robin down to 5 HP.
Turn 3: Move Michalis down two squares. Move Male!Robin left one square, down one square. Fem!Corrin and Merric hold position. End result: Lloyd takes a small bit of damage, Fem!Corrin at 39 HP.
Turn 4: Male!Robin attacks Lloyd. Michalis flies up two squares and kills Lloyd. Fem!Corrin moves one square up and one square right, attacks Horse Lance. Merric moves right one square and up one square, kills Horse Lance. End result: Blue Mage moves to opposite side of river and attacks Fem!Corrin, leaving her with 2 HP.
Turn 5: Move Fem!Corrin down one square and left one square. Move Merric right one square and kill Blue Mage.

Note: you may be able to have Merric kill the Horse Lance first on Turn 4. Still have to move Fem!Corrin to that square to prevent the Blue Mage from reaching Michalis or Male!Robin and killing them. Without the speed debuff from being beside the Horse Lance that gets hit by Fem!Corrin the Blue Mage might double and kill Fem!Corrin due to Darting Blow. Never tried it, would be IV dependant at best. My method should work though you might need the +HP Seal or the +Speed Seal. Depends on if any of the units Fem!Corrin attacks could double her if not +Speed or not.

Formation throughout the fight is very important due to Spurs and Hones. 

52 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Awesome, I linked to you on the strat post up front. Join the club.

@Extrasolar @Thor Odinson @Quintessence @shadowofchaos @SniperGYS You guys are the others, if you want to feel yourself a little bit or something lmao. I gave the strats cheesy ass names because I was bored.

Cheesy name's fine by me. Though I would like to ask: what's the significance of 3-13?