Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

14 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Cheesy name's fine by me. Though I would like to ask: what's the significance of 3-13?

Bad Tellius joke.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Bad Tellius joke.

*Goes off to look it up*...

Wait...is that the one with the Sniper?

Edit: Yup...got it. Thanks!

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, LordFrigid said:

*Goes off to look it up*...

Wait...is that the one with the Sniper?

Yep.  Consider it an honor, I guess. :P:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Updating my strat. Keep the old name or give it any other cheesy name you'd like, but this one is a bit less SI-dependent and features Nino getting the last hit on Lloyd. Reinhardt doesn't kill 4/5 dudes with this strat, either.

Strat notes:

-Only SI used is Minerva's Moonbow*. This is important, as she wouldn't be able to oneshot the peg otherwise. My Minerva's +1 stats are HP and Spd, and is +Spd -Def, so any neutral atk Minerva should be able to pull this off with Moonbow. LaD3 Minerva does 47dmg to the peg's 45 HP on a Moonbow hit, so if you run Fury3 on your Minerva and you're not -atk, you're good.

-A red or green physical flier with Quick Riposte should also be able to replicate Minerva's job for the flier, though if they can't take the blue cav, use Reinhardt to deal with him instead.

-Olivia does not need to be a 5* to do this. 4* will suffice. Hell, 3* will suffice with LaD3 Minerva--though not with Fury3 variants. Fortunately LaD3 is Minerva's default.

-Reinhardt uses Spur Atk 2 instead of Goad Cav, because without it LaD3 Minerva does 44/45 damage after Moonbow. Not enough. 

-3* Nino is sufficient for the strat--I chose to make her finish Lloyd for style, but if she can't do that, Reinhardt can do it.

-Reinhardt needs to be +atk to ORKO the bow cav without SI. DB2, the discount standard Reinhardt A slot courtesy of one of those spare Ursulas, should suffice for neutral natures, however. If you only have a 3* Olivia, you want Atk seal on Reinhardt even if he is +atk. 

-if your Minerva is also -Def, you may want to give her the HP+3 seal for this. She lives with 1HP for me because of the merge.

*I mean yes this can be done 3* no SI etc whatever but this is for this particular strat

Edited by Thor Odinson

38 minutes ago, Thany said:

As usual my main team, but some of these other units. I just not sure which ones I can use without using inheritence.

(I'd show more but for some reason the second photo is to much MBs?)

IMG_0012.PNG

Wait a minute

5 Star Shanna?

That's so cool!

*Realizes that I'm getting distracted*

AHEM well, Takumi for the Ax Peggie

Titania for blue coverage

Effie is gonna have to 1v1 Lloyd

For the last spot, you can either bring someone red, bring ANOTHER green, or you can bring Olivia for dancer support. I can also work on an exact strategy if you want me to as well!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wait a minute

5 Star Shanna?

That's so cool!

*Realizes that I'm getting distracted*

AHEM well, Takumi for the Ax Peggie

Titania for blue coverage

Effie is gonna have to 1v1 Lloyd

For the last spot, you can either bring someone red, bring ANOTHER green, or you can bring Olivia for dancer support. I can also work on an exact strategy if you want me to as well!

Thanks. I worked very hard to get that Thany up to 5 stars. :D

Regardless its going to take me a while to train up titania for the battle. any stratagies you have where i dont need to use olivia would be pretty neat to hear. Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

Thanks. I worked very hard to get that Thany up to 5 stars. :D

Regardless its going to take me a while to train up titania for the battle. any stratagies you have where i dont need to use olivia would be pretty neat to hear. Thanks in advance.

Is there some sort of hate towards Olivia or do you just not have her trained up? O.o

Well it sounds like Julia, Titania, Takumi, Ephraim. Swapped Ephraim for Effie since he can buff everyone, AND fight off Lloyd. Titania is probably enough to fight the lance cav and the Tome, but just in case you're having trouble you can bring Julia along for clean chip on anyone not named Lloyd that Takumi can't handle!

@Thany, do you have a Camilla, Michalis, or Palla by any chance? Caeda might work too judging by shadowofchaos's post: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/71671-four-fanged-grand-hero-battle-lloyd/&do=findComment&comment=4843779. The other units you'll need are Olivia, F!Robin, and Sharena.

Basically, you're going to have a dancer help one of them move up to the axe Pegasus Knight. With Camilla, Michalis, and Palla, you can attack her with Camilla being able to kill the her while Michalis and Palla might end up killing on enemy phase or on your second turn. Caeda can work, but you need to be careful. A neutral HP and neutral defense 4* Caeda will take 17 damage per hit which means she'll die on the enemy phase regardless if you had Caeda attack or not on your turn, so you'll need to give her a HP seal. If Caeda is -HP, then she'll need that and a defense buff from someone. The others are safer bets with nstyler using a level 33, 3* Palla for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpxLwKcbsC4.

If you want strategies without Olivia, you could try some of the strategies linked in nstyler's video:

This one uses 3*, level 40 Barst, Donnel, and Palla and a level 1 Est: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azd3KGwgFFg.

The other one without Olivia that uses Bartre, Cecilia, Frederick, and Sully, is weird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiDxHFdM-b4&feature=youtu.be. I think you need to have a -Res 3* Cecilia for it to work since someone in the comments said their 4* Cecilia with =Res got attacked by the mounted archer rather than the blue mage.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Is there some sort of hate towards Olivia or do you just not have her trained up? O.o

Well it sounds like Julia, Titania, Takumi, Ephraim. Swapped Ephraim for Effie since he can buff everyone, AND fight off Lloyd. Titania is probably enough to fight the lance cav and the Tome, but just in case you're having trouble you can bring Julia along for clean chip on anyone not named Lloyd that Takumi can't handle!

Using dance as a Tactic just feels a bit dirty to me. and mostly bugs me since everyone uses a dancer. regardless thanks for the advice. Ill hope and see if this tactic can work.

Beat it with no Nino/Rein/Bow/Dancer. Which im not saying is particularly challenging, but it made me feel pretty good.

The MVP as usual. Michalis: Atk Seal + 1, Blazing Thunder, Renewal 1(It procced TWICE and instakilled everything it touched. Underrated.) (In progress SI. Proved vital as Michalis survived with 1 hp at one point) Threaten Def 1. Lotes Shield. Michalis stands next to Caeda and gets his def boost, Pulls green pegasus and bow man, renews HP. 

Bunny Lucina: Hurts Lloyd a bit, but not nessecarily. Finishes the bowman after Merric tanks his hit and reciprocates. survives with 5 hp.

Caeda for Fortify Fliers. Important to move her at least one space from Michalis on the turn he pulls the Pegasus, otherwise Michalis cant run away. And we need him. The world needs him. ALLL THE WORLDS need him.

Merric. Survives the Bowman when he comes around. Helps take care of the Blue mage

21 minutes ago, Thany said:

Using dance as a Tactic just feels a bit dirty to me. and mostly bugs me since everyone uses a dancer. regardless thanks for the advice. Ill hope and see if this tactic can work.

Ah I see

You're the "Everyone else can suck it because dancers as a tactic is for squares" type of person. That's completely understandable, and I think its pretty cool too! More of a challenge that way!

Makes me feel bad for using TWO dancers though

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Ah I see

You're the "Everyone else can suck it because dancers as a tactic is for squares" type of person. That's completely understandable, and I think its pretty cool too! More of a challenge that way!

honestly, the only time id resort to a dancer is if im out of time for the event. otherwise it is a fun challange trying to beat it without a dancer.

Just for fun, ran it with a team of 4* Narcian (neutral), F!Robin (neutral), Sully (+Spd/-HP), and Caeda (+Atk/-Spd). Edit: They've all got their default skill sets.

Without +Atk Caeda (who otherwise won't KO the Axe Flier in 2 hits), Palla can be used. Just make sure she's running Spur Spd 2 instead of Goad Fliers (iirc she gets that at 3*?). Subaki can be swapped for Sully if Caeda isn't used (she needs the Spur Def aura to survive the Axe Flier, since she gets doubled, awkwardly enough).

Spoiler

Turn 1: Setup. F!Robin moves just outside the Bow Knight's range. Caeda moves in behind her, Narcian moves in behind Caeda, and Sully moves up next to F!Robin.

Turn 2: Caeda gives F!Robin Rally Speed. F!Robin moves into the Bow Knight's range. Narcian and Sully sit around and wait.

Turn 2 EP: Bow Knight KOs himself on F!Robin. Axe Flier moves closer. The Lance Cav and Lloyd do the Reposition thing (from the previous post).

Turn 3: Sully retreats to 1 space outside of the Axe Flier's range. Caeda moves next to Sully, in the Axe Flier's range. F!Robin retreats. Narcian moves onto the mountain to bait the Lance Cavalier (which is important. Lunge won't activate since the Cav can't switch onto the mountain).

Turn 3 EP: Axe Flier hits Caeda and gets hit back for 23 dmg. Lance Cav hits Narcian for 0 and is left with 15 HP. Lloyd and the Blue Mage move closer.

Turn 4: Caeda KOs the Axe Flier. F!Robin moves below Narcian and KOs the Lance Cav. Sully moves into Lloyd's range. Narcian moves across the river, into the mage's range.

Turn 4 EP onward: Cleanup. Sully eats Lloyd alive, and Narcian beats up the mage (takes a whole 8 dmg each enemy phase).

Yay no Elise dependency

Edit: Here's that Palla, F!Robin, Subaki, Narcian run I was talking about. Palla & Subaki are 3*, F!Robin & Narcian are 4*...since I don't have a 3* Narcian and don't really feel like training a 3* F!Robin right now. No sound on this one, unfortunately. I recently switched from an emulator to an actual mobile device, and still have some things to work/try out (which is why there was no video at all on the first two strategies =P ).

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

35 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ah I see

I didn’t use a dancer to beat Lloyd.

I used a cavalry team.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I used a cavalry team.

So basically,

You used a dancer to beat Lloyd

That's what it says on my screen anyway XD

Spoiler

Seriously though, Cavalry team is busted

#TheArenaIsSlowlyBecomingCavsOnly #CavsInTheGrandHeroBattlesToo #WhenAmIGonnaMakeMyCavTeamToo

2 hours ago, Thany said:

So i guess i would need to somehow find another lonqu for a vantage to put on takumi if i want any chance of not losing... herm...

My Takumi didn't needed vantage, but there is something to consider, he is +Def and I used Oboro's Rally Def, I'm not sure if Vantage is necesary if he doesn't have the rally (Also he only have Vantage 2, since I got it from a Gordin)

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Extrasolar @Thor Odinson @Quintessence @shadowofchaos @SniperGYS You guys are the others, if you want to feel yourself a little bit or something lmao. I gave the strats cheesy ass names because I was bored.

SniperGYS's strategy also used Takumi, and also didn't ORKO the Bow Knight. A link can be found on the second post of the OP.

Maybe a +Atk Takumi with attack buffs can? Mine is neutral Atk.

"Initial T" sounds perfect, since Takumi was the key to my strategy haha! And it made me remember an anime called... Initial D lol ... it made me laught, it was good to have some fun after my bad day of listening "Sorry, your copy of Echoes hasn't arrived yet"

Just now, SniperGYS said:

My Takumi didn't needed vantage, but there is something to consider, he is +Def and I used Oboro's Rally Def, I'm not sure if Vantage is necesary if he doesn't have the rally (Also he only have Vantage 2, since I got it from a Gordin)

but isnt the reason the bowknight didnt attack takumi because he had vantage to kill him?

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

but isnt the reason the bowknight didnt attack takumi because he had vantage to kill him?

Oh! Yeah I forget that!! I just remember moving him to block the path to keep Olivia safe, I watched my video to refresh my memory and yeah the bow knight got scared and try with Oboro instead mmm :/

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I used a cavalry team.

So i was having trouble on my second account for Lunatic because all my green 5 stars are wyvern riders. Then i saw you mention this earlier before and used my cavalry defense team and it worked!

well mostly cavalry. I had Olivia first try but Xander took too much damage with Fury 1 so I replaced her with Lissa for Rehabilitate.

basically i positioned Reinhardt and Xander next to Gunter, have Xander bait bow knight and kill it with Quick Riposte and Siegfried.

Xander also deals with axe flier (after a Rehabilitate from Lissa to go back to full health) but uses Swap tactics so Gunter can deal with lancer, escape then go back in to attack blue mage.

Reinhardt was there mostly for support since he is Attack bane, and just helped finish off the blue mage after Gunter's initial attack. He couldn't really KO Lloyd so just did Goad Cavalry support for Xander.

i tried different strategies (including Michalis, Abel and Olivia) but the answer was just under my nose the whole time!

@TheNiddo @Thor Odinson I'll add/update you guys in a bit.

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

"Initial T" sounds perfect, since Takumi was the key to my strategy haha! And it made me remember an anime called... Initial D lol ... it made me laught, it was good to have some fun after my bad day of listening "Sorry, your copy of Echoes hasn't arrived yet"

It's mostly because of this:

So initially, I thought this chapter would be extremely hard without a Hector, but it turned out to be quite easy.

I beat it on lunatic with:

• Nowi (MVP)
  • Eirika (buffer + axe peg killer)
  • Effie (Second tank after Nowi gets low, Lloyd and blue cav killer)
  • Linde (Killed mage, but done nothing else. Very replacable)

Only strategy you need is move Nowi to the area the nomad can attack. After that, just kill em as they kamikaze into your team as you move backwards.

It's proven possible to clear the Lunatic map using 4* starter units (Virion, Sharena, Anna, Raigh). The only real caveat is that the player must have the Spd +1 seal from the previous set of Sacred Seal quests.

Second GHB I beat on my first Lunatic attempt.

Used bowbreaker Julia, Ike, Sharena & Kagero. It was just a matter of baiting/killing the bow knight and then take on the enemies one at a time afterwards, backing away as they charged me.

Took me a little while, but I did a no inheritance run with 5* Camilla, 4* F!Robin, 4* Sully and 4* Olivia. I had to resort to using a Speed Seal on F!Robin, though.

5* Camilla (+Res -Def)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170521-140938_zpsjrgdhvhv.p

4* F!Robin with Speed Seal

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170521-140953_zpshun29ddg.p

4* Sully (+Spd -HP)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170521-140945_zps7gyaeuup.p

4* Olivia (neutral)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170521-140959_zpsemuhz9k5.p

Turn 1 is just moving forward, and doesn't really matter. Just make sure that Camilla gets Hone Atk if she's not +Atk.

Turn 2

Spoiler

Position F!Robin so that she can get hit by the Bow Knight, but not the Blue Mage. Have Olivia dance Camilla so that she can fly all the way to the Axe Pegasus.

Screenshot_20170521-141037_zps5fn63ped.p

With Olivia's Hone Atk, Camilla will ORKO the Peg:

Screenshot_20170521-141054_zps8iqcd2da.p

Chip damage from Savage Blow will hit Lloyd, which drops his HP down to 50, which doesn't really matter.

On enemy phase, the Blue Mage will Rally Def on the Bow Knight, and the Bow Knight charges at F!Robin. With the Speed Seal, 4* Robin gets 28 Spd, which is juuuust enough to double the Bow Knight for a ORKO with Gronnwolf.

Screenshot_20170521-141119_zpscihna4an.p

Lloyd advances but gets Repositioned by the Lance Cav.

Turn 3

Spoiler

Move Sully, F!Robin and Olivia out of range. Move Camilla down to the Lance Cav's range, but outside of Lloyd's, and on a mountain tile.

Screenshot_20170521-141200_zpsljhtslnz.p

Since the Cav can't stand on mountains, its Lunge won't affect Camilla at all.

Turn 4

Spoiler

Have Camilla finish off the Cav, then Dance to back off out of Lloyd's range. Since the Blue Mage has Darting Blow, Sully can't really afford to be in his range, so rushing in to kill Lloyd is out of the question. Instead, we'll have to bait.

Screenshot_20170521-141332_zpsyqcovdos.p

Sully ORKO Lloyd on the counter with Swordbreaker. The White Wolf falls.

Screenshot_20170521-141343_zpsciywtiry.p

Turn 5

Spoiler

Now the Blue Mage is left. Have Sully pull Camilla to the right, then move Camilla foward, but in range for Olivia to dance.

Screenshot_20170521-141400_zpsts4qcpnn.p

This puts Camilla in range to ORKO the mage:

Screenshot_20170521-141409_zpsotottfqs.p

Map cleared!

I think I can do this with no Dancer as well, but it requires a different set of units.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy