Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

Took a few tries cause I was sloppy but the strategy was rather easy.

*5 Lukas & Soren (+1)

4* Olivia, Wrys

Put Lukas in the front, he tanks the bow cav. Move him down and move Soren up, dance Soren twice to hurt the Axe Peg while Wrys heals Lukas. Lukas finishes the Axe peg and walls off Lloyd who does no damage. Then Lukas systematically Ignis'ing every unit while being healed by Wrys with Soren striking from behind him. Soren in particular finished off Lloyd. But Lukas himself just mosied over to the blue mage who was Ignis'ed.

No idea why Lukas is so low on the tier list. He is nearly un-killable by virtually all redswords and even some blues.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright managed to do it without a dancer, skill inheritance and seals. Team used:

-Takumi (+res -atk) Should be replaceble by any archer who can two round the bow cav.

- 3-star Subaki (Think he was +atk -res, but he only needs to damage Lloyd enough for Takumi to kill him, so neutral should do fine)

- 4-star Michealis

- 4-star Barst (no idea about his nature and he's lvl 31 anyway. I thought I needed reposition support, but didn't use it in the end).

Strategy went something like this:

Spoiler

The first two turns are used for positioning. Takumi ends up in range of the bow cav (and not the blue mage obviously). In the enemy phase he gets hit and hits the bow cav back for some good damage, but neither dies. The enemy starts repositioning and the axe-peg comes closer.

On my next turn, Takumi kills the axe pegasi and evryone retreats out of range of the enemy (because of reposition on the enemy, Takumi is safe in the spot he used to kill the pegasi). Because Subaki is closest to the enemy, the lance cav end up closest to my units.

On the following turn, my team retreats a bit more and Michealis moves in range of the lance cav. On the enemy turn, the lance cav attacks Michealis and lunges him in range of the bow cav. Michealis survives with about 9 hp.

Now it's killing time. Michealis moves out of Lloyd's range to attack the lance cav and kills him. Takumi moves up to kill the bow cav, and then Subaki swaps with him to get Takumi out of Lloyds range as well (Subaki is now in range). On the enemy phase, Lloyd attacks Subaki and almost dies. Subaki takes no damage.

Takumi now kills Lloyd and evryone gets ready to ambush the blue mage who is finally ariving on the front line. Final turn consists of Barst and Takumi teaming up to kill the mage.

If people want to know specific placements of units just say so. Now that I know this works, it should be easy to replicate it at post a better turn by turn strat.

Not using a dancer makes a nice change of pace once in a while, but it seems my earlier strategy didn't really need one anyway. I should probably train up Virion sometime so that I can use an archer who is not OP for these kind of things...

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

This will be the first rerun that you can't face the character at level 40 on anything other than his map... So no getting round the quests that way this time :(

If they stealthily add a paralogue/xenologue with him in it...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

If they stealthily add a paralogue/xenologue with him in it...

I would not argue.

Unless it was a turn limited one. Then I would. Urgh turn limits xD

57 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The rerun is upon us starting tomorrow at the usual time. They are seemingly adding Infernal difficulty because yay feathers.

Your link is broken because you forgot to add the "https://" in front of the URL, thus causing it to be interpreted as a relative URL instead of an absolute URL.

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your link is broken because you forgot to add the "https://" in front of the URL, thus causing it to be interpreted as a relative URL instead of an absolute URL.

Thanks, fixed! Silly picky forum software.

Cleared Lloyd's Infernal map on first try. Used Xander, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Bride Cordelia.

Xander: just there to buff Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry

Reinhardt: Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Reposition, Quickened Pulse Moonbow - KO'd Infernal-only axe fighter, bow cavalier, lance cavalier, and Lloyd; also pulls Olivia to safety

Bride Cordelia: Brave Bow+, Atk +3 - KO'd axe flier, then tanked and KO'd blue mage

Olivia: just dances

Followed this guy's strats (for the most part)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Took me a while, but I got a strat down with Nino, Olivia, Sharena and Hector to get the spare Lloyd copy. I'll need to train a Lloyd for the orbs, and I'm... not sure about Infernal. Maybe, since Sharena isn't my best blue... but her melee competition is Effie. (Linde and Delthea compete for blue, which Sharena easily loses, but against Effie...)

Brought in a Lunatic-slaying team of Xander, M!Robin, Cordelia and Hector to Infernal. Saw the Windsweep and Cancel Affinity (among other things), laughed and immediately left to change my team.

Ended up bringing Xander, Reinbow Pulse, Cherche and Olivia (considered Ninian, but Olivia has Ruby Sword, so she could at least barely emergency tank the greens if something went weird, whereas Lloyd or any of the blues would explode Ninian). Weakened the axe infantry with Rein, then fall back with dance-Reposition shenanigans. Finished the axe infantry off with Cherche, killed the BK with Rein. Fell back again. Because of the enemy shifting and Repositioning, they were all clumped together. This looked gross at first, but because of the way the lone mountain and river as placed and Cherche having Drag Back, I was able to get super easy picks on the lance cav and axe flier with her. With only Lloyd and the blue mage left, they were Rein food.

I cleared the quests rather easily with a team of Takumi, Hector, Olivia, Sharena/Lloyd.

Infernal was a bit harder, but a team of Nino, Reinhardt, Xander and Olivia managed it in the end. Xander is quite godly as a tank here...

Like previous posters for the Sharena quest, I used Olivia (with ruby sword), Hector and Nino as teammates.

For the Lloyd quest, I took a different approach benching Nino and using Saizo to help Lloyd finish off enemy Lloyd. Saizo was the initial bait for the bow knight since I wanted to preserve Hector's HP for both the blue cav and the blue mage. My Saizo lived with about 3 HP left, not sure if his Speed boon was integral but it did the job. Then it was just retreating back, letting Hector deal with blues and 4 star Saizo softening enemies up with his Smoke Dagger and also dealing with flier. He also has Savage Blow/Growing Wind for AoE overkill but it's still a nice feeling to see him do his supporting job, using Poison Strike to lower Llyod's HP to 1 so Lloyd can deal the finishing blow (I didn't trust his low defense at 4 star)

Lunge took me off guard and scared me when Hector was in range of Lloyd. This is why you give armour units Pivot!

Beat Infernal with Xander, Olwen, Cecilia and Olivia. I tried full horse emblem the first 2 times (Reinhardt instead of Olivia) but the first time I didn't notice Cancel Affinity and Cecilia got 1HKO and the second time was also a failure so I swapped in Olivia. Had to give Blarblade Olwen Moonbow and Quickened pulse to 1HKO the archer Cavalier though.

The quests were pretty easy because a Fury Xander with Hone Cavalry buff and Bonfire ready does 53 damage to a Lunatic Lloyd leaving him with 4 HP for Sharena/Lloyd to finish him off

Well the buffed stats and Cancel Affinity on the archer pretty much killed my strategy from Lunatic, so I had to make a new team. Xander, Olwen, Camus and Azura managed to pull through. Xander tanked the archer and axes like a god and Olwen killed everything else safely with Azura's help and Xander's hone cav buff on her. Camus just kinda stood there to give Xander fortify cavalry.

Infernal completed with Nino, Ephraim, Ninian and Alm.

Nino needs a HP seal to take a hit from the archer.

I gave my 4* Sharena a sapphire lance and swordbreaker 1 from a 3* Sully to cheese the quest.

Ninian is also a really good chipper for letting Lloyd get the final blow for his quest.

Edited by Korath88

My horse team of Reinhardt/Cecilia/Xander/Camus cleared Infernal without any hitches. It went pretty differently from Lunatic since I had Xander bait the enemies instead of Cecilia, but overall not too bad.

I forgot to train Lloyd, so the Lloyd quests will have to wait until I get around to him.

Kill Level 40 Lloyd with Sharena and beat GHB with Sharena: Sanaki (Axebreaker 3), Sanaki, Camus, Sharena
Kill Level 40 Lloyd with Lloyd and beat Lunatic with Lloyd: Camus, Ninian, Minerva, Lloyd
Infernal: Sanaki (Axebreaker 3), Reinhardt, Ninian, Minerva

First net gain of Feathers. Didn't need to do inheritance specifically for Infernal.

Stupid Quick Riposte, why do you have to be so powerful?!

Guess I need to burn one of my Subakis and 2k feathers along with him so that Xander can ORKO that horse archer.
And I’m sitting (almost) precisely on 40k to boot.

Scratch all of that, I beat Infernal without inheriting anything except what I already had (Fury, Vantage, and Bonfire on Xander and Camus, DB2, LB2, and Draconic Aura on Reinhardt).

Yay, 2k feathers!

@Roflolxp54 in a fit of cruel irony, my +Atk Donny overkills Lloyd by 1 HP. Damn you, pothead.

I wonder whether a 3⋆ neutral Donny will suffice.

Edited by Vaximillian

I beat Infernal with Camus/Eldigan/Ursula/Elise. Ursula weakened (yes 'weakened', because she still can't one round anyone with a fully powered Blarblade) the hammer axe fighter and then I repositioned her back with Eldigan who QR Bonfire killed the fighter and later the axe pegasus. Camus tanked and killed the archer and then they double teamed the lance cavalier. Finally, it was just the Morph vs my fully healed horses.

My first Inferno that I beat without outside help!