Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

They kept saying that GHB characters were bad because it was harder to merge.  I always knew that was wrong - I already have a +3 Lloyd, which is my second highest merge so far.  I mean, merging 4*s is easier but unless you're a whale +ing GHBs is just a matter of time whereas pulling for 5*s uses a TON of orbs.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Oh gosh, I hope using a 4* level 40 Lloyd to beat Lunatic Lloyd won't be too hard...

It wasn't hard for me. 5* GHB units don't seem to really be expected for these quests, as long as you have a strong enough team otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

They kept saying that GHB characters were bad because it was harder to merge.  I always knew that was wrong - I already have a +3 Lloyd, which is my second highest merge so far.  I mean, merging 4*s is easier but unless you're a whale +ing GHBs is just a matter of time whereas pulling for 5*s uses a TON of orbs.

That's some dedication. How much have his stats increased?

Just now, Lushen said:

They kept saying that GHBs were bad because it was harder to merge.  I always knew that was silly - I already have a +3 Lloyd, which is my second highest merge so far.  I mean, merging 4*s is easier but unless you're a whale +ing GHBs is just a matter of time.

It's not that they're hard to merge. It's that they're physically impossible to merge to +10. At the top of the arena, Grand Hero Battle units are forced to fight at a 7-merge disadvantage at the minimum.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

+3 merge is always +2 HP and +1 to all other stats.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Each merge gives +1 to two top skills.  In Lloyd's case it goes:

+1hp/+1speed
+1atk/+1 res
+1def/+1hp
repeats offset by 1

The reason I like Lloyd over the other GHBs is he's not very strongly impacted by boons/banes so him not having a boon/bane isn't necessarily a bad thing.  His speed is high enough for most cases, as is his attack.  You wouldn't want to sacrifice any res because it's not ridiculously high and you wouldn't want to sacrifice and def/hp because right now he can just barely survive a lot of mages.  There's no stat I would give up for another in Lloyd's case.

<edit> nevermind

Do recasted GHBs usually appear in arena as bonus heroes next season?

Edited by Lushen

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Unless the wiki is wrong, it is not always +2 hp.  In some cases, a units HP is lower than another stat.  For example, Kagero would get +2 attack and +1 of everything else.

Merge order works off of the unit's stats at level 1, not at some other arbitrary level (yes, 40 is arbitrary). Every character in this game currently has HP as their highest stat at level 1 for all natures.

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Do recasted GHBs usually appear in arena as bonus heroes next season?

Nope.

Edited by Ice Dragon

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's that they're physically impossible to merge to +10.

Eventually they will rerun all the reruns enough times that everybody has +10, right?

Meanwhile, the Askr Trio is crying in the corner being +0 forever.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I really want to know what's going on with this.  I mean Sharena is the only one who would be good in top tier arena, but still...IS has to have plans for this.  They could have had a few released in the story chapters instead of orb rewards.  The first could have served as a tutorial for how to merge units.  Though with Sharena's high stats, she would probably be fine right now.

Or they could just cave and release an item that merges units, which I've been wanting for some time.  This would also help with people who have special event characters like Tobin.

Edited by Lushen

46 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Or a large amount of feathers. My Nino +6 is build from the ground up without ever pulling a 5* (I've promoted from... I think two 4* and the rest, 3*). She's basically been a feather black hole (eating 75% of what I earn), but man is she ever worth it.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Eventually they will rerun all the reruns enough times that everybody has +10, right?

In theory, though at the rate they're going, it'll be something like 2 years before anyone can get to +10.

I'm really hoping to see the Askr Trio get some kind of upgrade item from Tempest. It seems like the perfect place to drop the reward, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I mean Sharena is the only one who would be good in top tier arena

I think Anna would see some use too. With Fury, very few things in the game can actually ORKO her when not considering buffs. iirc she can survive Quickened Moonbow Rein.

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

In theory, though at the rate they're going, it'll be something like 2 years before anyone can get to +10.

They'll have to do some kind of speedup.  In one year, we will have so many new GHB characters that cycling threw them all one at a time won't work.  Most likely, they'll do things like add more quests that give you an opportunity to get the character.  Like maybe next time we'll get 2 quests that give us Lloyds.

Assuming 2/mo, in 2 years there will be 48 more GHB characters.  No way they can recycle threw all those reliably.  

@SatsumaFSoysoyI could see Anna being used in top tier arena, but it would be very rare.  There are a lot of better characters that do what she does.  Alfonse is sadly garbage in speed meta.

Edited by Lushen

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

@SatsumaFSoysoyI could see Anna being used in top tier arena, but it would be very rare.  There are a lot of better characters that do what she does.  Alfonse is sadly garbage in speed meta.

Raven with L&D Brave Axe is pretty swole, but Anna teleports. I think she has some worth.

16 minutes ago, Lushen said:

They'll have to do some kind of speedup.  In one year, we will have so many new GHB characters that cycling threw them all one at a time won't work.  Most likely, they'll do things like add more quests that give you an opportunity to get the character.  Like maybe next time we'll get 2 quests that give us Lloyds.

Assuming 2/mo, in 2 years there will be 48 more GHB characters.  No way they can recycle threw all those reliably. 

Fair enough. There is already some precedent for that with F!Robin and Navarre rerunning simultaneously and having crossover quests for killing each other, so maybe we can get more of that.

Duplicates of the Askr trio would be odd for story reasons. They could come up with some other way to get merge levels on them, though.

I beat Infernal with Titania, Ursula, Cecilia, and Xander.  I had to give Xander the +Atk Seal to make sure he killed the Horse Archer on QR counter attack, but once he was dealt with, it wasn't too bad.

I may merge my extra Xander, since I use him all the time anyway.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Duplicates of the Askr trio would be odd for story reasons. They could come up with some other way to get merge levels on them, though.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned an item over anything else as a Tempest drop. Something like <Colour> Tempest Essence, which can then be merged onto their respective Askr Lord. Or maybe call back to Blazing Blade and have it drop Heaven Seals that can be merged to any of the Askr Lords.

Another possible thematic venue for that kind of item drop could be Bound Battles against contracted/corrupted versions of themselves (was gonna say GHBs, but then that'd imply getting actual extra copies of them).

Beat Infernal with my dragons. This makes the second Infernal Grand Hero Battle that they could beat. I forgot that the axe fighter had Fury, meaning Tiki still couldn't kill him in one hit with Bonfire. So I had to crank it up a notch. She now has Ignis.

+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Speed +1)
+10 Tiki (Mystery) [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Attack +1)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, Squad Ace A 1)

1. Fae moves up 2 squares. Tiki moves up 2 squares into the danger zone. Nowi moves up 2 squares. Ninian moves below Nowi.
    1. Bow Knight attacks Tiki (42→20), and Tiki counterattacks (55→15). Axe fighter attacks Tiki (20→20), and Tiki kills on the counterattack with Ignis (61→0). Lance knight uses Reposition on bow knight to move him up. Axe pegasus moves down 2 squares. Blue mage moves left 2 squares.
  2. Fae moves below Tiki. Ninian moves below Fae. Nowi moves down 1 square. Tiki moves above Nowi and uses Reciprocal Aid on Nowi (20→42, 49→20).
    1. Bow knight attacks Fae with Moonbow (50→9), and Fae kills on the counterattack (15→0). Lance knight attacks Fae (9→6), and Fae kills on the counterattack (57→0). Axe pegasus attacks Tiki (42→42) and Tiki kills on the counterattack (52→0). Lloyd moves down 2 squares. Blue mage moves under Lloyd.
  3. Ninian moves down 1 square. Fae moves above Ninian and uses Reciprocal Aid on Ninian (6→49, 49→6). Tiki moves below Nowi. Nowi uses Reciprocal Aid on Tiki (20→42, 42→20).
    1. Blue mage attacks Fae (49→49), and Fae kills on the counterattack with Aether (52→0, 49→50). Lloyd moves 2 squares down.
  4. All units move right 1 square.
    1. Lloyd attacks Nowi (42→42), and Nowi kills on the counterattack (66→0). Stage clear.

I can't believe I beat this Grand Hero Battle on Infernal yet never even once came close to beating Berkut on Lunatic. Anyway, I used:

Reinhardt (5 stars, +HP, -Def) with Moonbow, Attack +3, Lancebreaker 2 and Goad Cavalry (I believe that's the name?). He also has Swap for some reason I can't remember.

Olivia (4 stars, neutral) with Dance and Hone Attack 3. 

Summer!Gaius (5 stars, +Res, -Def) with Astra, Vantage 3 and Defense Ploy 3. 

Eldigan ( 5 stars, +HP, -Res) with Bonfire, Fury 3 and Reposition.

Lots of room for more skills for many of them to inherit. The problem is that I've mostly got units which don't have a lot of things they'd find useful. Anyway, the important lesson to take away from this battle is that Reposition is broken.

Edited by Thane

50 minutes ago, Thane said:

I can't believe I beat this Grand Hero Battle on Infernal yet never even once came close to beating Berkut on Lunatic. Anyway, I used:

Reinhardt (5 stars, +HP, -Def) with Moonbow, Attack +3, Lancebreaker 2 and Goad Cavalry (I believe that's the name?). He also has Swap for some reason I can't remember.

Olivia (4 stars, neutral) with Dance and Hone Attack 3. 

Summer!Gaius (5 stars, +Res, -Def) with Astra, Vantage 3 and Defense Ploy 3. 

Eldigan ( 5 stars, +HP, -Res) with Bonfire, Fury 3 and Reposition.

Lots of room for more skills for many of them to inherit. The problem is that I've mostly got units which don't have a lot of things they'd find useful. Anyway, the important lesson to take away from this battle is that Reposition is broken.

Starting with your units all split up puts you at a huge disadvantage in Berkut's map.  That alone takes away buffs and repositioning skills.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Starting with your units all split up puts you at a huge disadvantage in Berkut's map.  That alone takes away buffs and repositioning skills.

Yeah I sort of noticed. I could never reach his dudes, and even if I did, they were too strong with the buffs. I got thoroughly floored, but at least I don't feel as dumb now after having cleared this on Infernal. Sure, it might've been the easiest GHB, but my shattered pride will take what it can get.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Thane not to mention the Auto Aggro too

I hope we never get auto aggro ever again LOL

Ah Lloyd, made me remember how easy 'just use Hector' is. (Didn't use him in Inferno, but that's because the map placement in Inferno is actually easier for my all out offense team---I have literally no one on my usual teams who can take the Bow Knight's 59 or whatever physical hit for the Lunatic version, but in Inferno I can just ORKO the axe guy to start the map.)

Helps that my Azura conveniently lowers Lloyd to about 20 hp, meaning it's easy for Sharena and my own Lloyd to just finish.