Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

Infantry team: I hopped aboard the Dragon wagon.

Flier Team: Caeda/10...Ok, she had 2 Goad bots. The Wing Sword is funny.

Cavalry Team: A healthy mix of Blade (Leo), Dire Thunder (Olwen), Gravity (Elise), with a sprinkling of physical damage (Eldigan).

Armors: BK, Hector, Effie, and Hone Armor bot Gwendolyn.

The Armor team was probably the hardest. It was a pretty nice challenge overall.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad this wasn't as hard as I was worried it might be. I managed to finish each team clear on the first try, which I was surprised by.

For my teams:

• Fliers: Camilla, H Nowi, NY Azura, S Corrin
  • Armors: BK, Hector, Arden, Effie
  • Cavalry: Xander, Peri, Olwen, Brave Lyn
  • Infantry: B Cordelia, Nino, PA Azura, Tharja.

Fliers and Cavalry were the most interesting. For fliers I actually had some fun not playing hyper offense. Instead of trying to nuke everything, I just fully buffed Camilla + Iote's Shield seal so she tanked everything on the right side of the map with ease, including the horse archer, and killed them back. Nowi and Corrin cleaned up Lloyd and the axes on the left afterwards. For cavalry, Xander baited and killed the horse archer and hammer infantry. The rest cleaned up after that. It was fun using Peri in tandem with Xander for this.

I hope the other ones go as well. I think the really cramped maps like Robin and Ursula's might be an issue for my units, though. Especially cavs, since I don't have a big selection of them to pick from.

Here were the teams I used for the quests. Horse Emblem was the only one I got down first try while the rest required a bit of trial-and-error.

Infantry: the Nino show, featuring her cheerleaders Eirika, Ninian and Genny
Cavalry: Leo, L'Arachel, BH!Lyn, Clarine
Flying: NS!Corrin, Hinoka, Camilla, SF!Camilla
Armored: ToD!Jakob going without his buddy Henry, "thanks" to the CA bow cav..., WE!Robin, Amelia, Hector

Infantry: Bridelia, PAzura, Azura, and Arvis. Bridelia basically cleaned up everything.

Cavalry: Cain, Frederick, Camus, and Brave Lyn. Don't know why I didn't use Rein, but whatever, Cain and Freddy did a fine job.

Flying: ToD!Nowi, Catria, HNY!Azura, and Beruka. Beruka countered on most of the physical units, and Nowi nuked everything that Beruka wasn't countering.

Armor: Effie, WE!Tharja, WE!Robin, and VHector. This was a struggle actually, because no matter what I did, someone died to either the Bow cav, the Hammer infantry, or Lloyd, and in fact I had to teach Effie Fortify Defense to let WE!Tharja tank Lloyd and Spur Attack to Hector so Robin could do enough chip damage to the Hammer Infantry for Hector to follow up with a Wrath charged Glimmer. I even had Effie use Smite to send Robin and Vector to the opposite side of the river to deal with the enemies there.

I'd post videos, but honestly I could do that at any time and I highly doubt that anyone else was lucky enough to get a +Atk -Res VHector...

Edited by Xenomata

...Well.

I learned today that Gwendolyn can tank.

As in, she can tank Lloyd, a Blue Lance Cavalier, and a Blue Mage all in one go.

Then she Pivoted out of their way.

I am impressed.

Edited by Seafarer
Derped on the cavalier

29 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

...Well.

I learned today that Gwendolyn can tank.

As in, she can tank Lloyd, a Blue Cavalier, and a Blue Mage all in one go.

Then she Pivoted out of their way.

I am impressed.

Yep, recently started building a Gwendolyn because the 41 def and 39 res are worth the 30 attack when basically guaranteed bonfires with QR are a thing.

My clears so far:

Infantry:
- Klein: Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, DB 3, QP 3, Threaten Def 3
- Olivia: Wo Dao+ (Spd Refinement), Fury 3, WoM 3, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd Seal
- Azura (+4): Sapphire Lance+, Fury 3, WoM 3, Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk Seal
- PA Azura: Default Set with WoM 3 and Drive Def Seal
Pretty much, what Klein and his harem always do; shoot 2 arrows between the eyes of their enemies and be done with it. Easy

Cavalier:
- Sigurd: Default Set with Reposition and Atk Smoke Seal
- Reinhardt (+8): I give you 3 tries ...
- Cecilia (+1): Gronnraven+, Reposition, Moonbow, TA, Bowbreaker, Hone Cavalry
- Brave Lyn: Default Set with Reposition, Hone Cavalry and Speed Seal
Another simple clear, really. The Bow Cavalier catched me off guard though since I didn't check for his Cancel Affinity. No big setback though.

Armor:
- Black Knight (+2): Default Set with Swap, Ward Armor and QP Seal
- Effie: Berkut's Lance+ (Res Refinement), Swap, Bonfire, DC, Wary Figher 3, Ward Armor and Panic Ploy Seal
- Hector: Armads, Swap, Bonfire, DC, Vantage 3, Goad Armor and Deflect Magic Seal
- Sheena: Slaying Axe+ (Res Refinement), Swap, Bonfire, DC, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3 and DD Seal
This one was ... tough. Stacking Wards here seems to be the right way, as it allowed BK to annihilate the Bow Cavalier and strike the Hammer guy in range of Sheena. After that was just simple clean-up by Sheena and Effie.
I need to point out that DC on Sheena and Effie never came up, so if you have them you could try to replicate this.

But these quests now force me to expand on my flier team. My existing cannot clear any of these maps.
As it is only Firesweep!Cordelia has a fully functional set while Elincia and Hinoka need a lot more Skill Inheritance. They have their default kit, pretty much. I have a Minerva but she is +Def/-Atk which leaves her a lot to be desired and I probably won't built her up. Cherche will have to take over but she needs to be 5*d first.

I gave the GHB quests a go, and they were pretty fun. I found the armor quest to be the most difficult for me, but part of that is that I just don't particularly like using armor units. At any rate, my teams were:

Infantry: Adult Tiki (+9), Brave Lucina, PA Azura, and Deirdre. This was mostly just another chapter in the neverending saga of "Tiki Tanks Things."

Cavalry: Xander, Camus, Reinhardt (+4), and Cecilia (4*+10). My original Horse Emblem team rides into battle once again! It has actually been a long time since they've ridden together, quite possibly a few months, so it was pretty fun to have them get together to crush the enemies once again.

Flier: Summer Corrin, NY Azura, Elincia, and Cherche. I do love Flier Emblem, all of those units are really strong, and the addition of NY Azura really works great with Corrin's Blarblade of Destruction. I got the enemy to start pursuing us by having Corrin fire a couple shots at the axeman, and then retreating with the aid of Azura, so that no one was stuck in the bow knight's range.

Armor: BK, Amelia, Hector, and Effie (4*). It took a couple tries, but this crew pulled through. Effie has Hone Armor, and, with Effie's buff, I had BK tank the hammer guy and the bow knight, killing them both (he also had the QR seal). I then sounded the retreat, with BK tanking the axe peg. At this point, BK's job was done, and it was up to the others. I think Amelia took on the lance cav. Effie took on Lloyd and the blue mage, and was able to survive their attacks due to Wary Fighter.

Success! With a year to spare...

Let me see if I can remember how I did these... I kind of flew through them last night in a quest for orbs. XD I'll try to post more detailed strategies for the other GHB. I'd waste more stamina to do this one, but there's so much training I wanna do!

Infantry: Raven, PA!Azura, Raigh, Merric
Fliers: Caeda (with Wing Sword), Summer Corrin (-blade build), Minerva, Flying Azura
Cavalry: Xander, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Gunnthra
Armors: BK, 4* Effie+1 (with normal Brave Lance), Amelia, and Hector

Cav was my newest team of Sigurd, Gunnthra, Brave Lyn, and Reinhardt which was a breeze.

This battle made me take back everything I said about flier emblem not being broken. Used Palla, Michalis, Firesweep Cordelia, and Airzura. Once I gave Michalis QR, thing went pretty easy. Had to do some baiting and ended up flying over the river, but it wasn't too bad.

I mostly used him because it seemed like fun, but L!Ike with QR was super useful in the infantry clear. Did him, B!Ike, I think PA!Olivia, and Linde.

Armor, as it seems most people said, was the hardest. Took advantage of Hector's double QR and did BK, Effie who was basically only there for Lloyd, and H!Henry who was vital for both armor march and ranged nuking.

Basically, what I've gained from this is the QR seal is a lifesaver.

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

Not even a challenge. I forgot how easy this was. Essentially a Matt solo. I forgot to kill the boss with him so I went back and did it again, turned out I was just being lazy since it's 5AM. Anyways, next. 

Like I said before, let me know if you don't want to be tagged. I'll likely be doing this for all the GHB's unless things get too busy.

I like seeing your videos. It's great seeing the payoff of all the strategies and ideas we've been bouncing around, and that you stick to your guns with using a favorite character.

Armour Emblem clear took me a few tries. Managed to do it with

A- Halloween Henry, Omni-braker Hector, Black Knight +1 with Wings of Mercy and  4 star Brave Lance Effie with Smite. First turn was using Effie to push Henry to the bottom right side. BK and hector move up. 

Then it was time to bait at both sides- the bow knight would go to my Henry while Hammer Axe deals with BK. Henry is left with 1 HP after Fury damage. This is important. 

I move BK up one space, Effie below BK and Hector under the mountain to bait the flier. Lance cavalier actually targets Effie instead of BK. Effie also had to take a hit from blue mage- and she needed Distant Def seal to survive. Lloyd starts to move towards bottom right where Henry is.

Now normally Henry would be trapped since he is by himself with 1 move. This is why BK's WoM is important, so he can warp next to Henry and act as a shield against Lloyd. Effie/Hector also finishes up the lance cav and blue mage. 

That one took a while and specific skills. Also a stamina potion since I had to figure out the exact positioning for my armours.

tumblr_p3xlvpx5ff1qcrdmuo1_540.png

B- in my second account, I managed to do it with BK+1 and 3 green armours: Christmas Lissa, omni-breaker Hector and Amelia with LaD and Desperation. Thank goodness for Lloyd's lower defense- Wary Fighter + QR3 Hector was the key moment against Lloyd. That said, Bold Fighter Lissa and Desperation Amelia are also no joke.

Edited by mcsilas

4 hours ago, Johann said:

I like seeing your videos. It's great seeing the payoff of all the strategies and ideas we've been bouncing around, and that you stick to your guns with using a favorite character.

I really appreciate that.

It's fun using an underdog, but nothing compares to using your favorites and making them amazing or finding a way to make them work in areas where you wouldn't normally see them. I just wish people could use all their favorites at a higher level. Something like Merge Tokens instead of having to obtain copies of a unit in order to merge them. Guess it's a slippery though, currencies and all that.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:06 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Yep, recently started building a Gwendolyn because the 41 def and 39 res are worth the 30 attack when basically guaranteed bonfires with QR are a thing.

...Don't know where she's getting that. Mine has 40 Def and 32 Res, and that's after Draug's Ward Armour. Though she has 36 Atk before weapon and Goad, so... I'm very confused.

Edited by Seafarer

27 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

...Don't know where she's getting that. Mine has 40 Def and 32 Res, and that's after Draug's Ward Armour. Though she has 36 Atk before weapon and Goad, so... I'm very confused.

At 5* she's got 41 def with a def boon. Neutral res is 28. Res refined Berkut's Lance+ gives +4 res from the refinement and +7 when the user is attacked for +11 total, so 28+11 for 39. It sounds like yours is 4* with a res boon and steel lance, which means she could hit 38 def and 42 res with the same setup or 42 def and 38 res with a def refined Berkut's Lance. 30 attack was prior to weapon's added might. In your case, since that seems to be a 4* with neutral attack, it'd be 28 + 8 from steel lance for 36.

Just reread your post and never mind what I said. I'm not sure what setup you have, but here's the wiki for her stats and variations.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

At 5* she's got 41 def with a def boon. Neutral res is 28. Res refined Berkut's Lance+ gives +4 res from the refinement and +7 when the user is attacked for +11 total, so 28+11 for 39. It sounds like yours is 4* with a res boon and steel lance, which means she could hit 38 def and 42 res with the same setup or 42 def and 38 res with a def refined Berkut's Lance. 30 attack was prior to weapon's added might. In your case, since that seems to be a 4* with neutral attack, it'd be 28 + 8 from steel lance for 36.

Just reread your post and never mind what I said. I'm not sure what setup you have, but here's the wiki for her stats and variations.

Ah, right. Forgot about Berkut's Lance. Mine is +Atk -Def 4* +8 with Killer Lance and Attack +2.

Woooooo, I managed to do armour emblem on this one :D 

I can't remember who I did it with, though. I tried a few different teams. I think The Christmas Robin, Hector, Count Henry and BK might have been involved... Or Frankenjakob might have replaced Count Henry. I think I used Hector over Hector Tudor... 

Too much TT has numbed my brain >.<

• 1 month later...

Since I had so much fun doing a one-turn solve for F!Grimas new map, I did also one for Lloyd:

@Zeo @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @mcsilas (I hope you guys don't mind being tagged again). 

It turned out more difficult than I thought, the green Flier was hard to reach on turn 1. Roy took too few damage by the Hammer to activate WoM, thus the double Lunge action by Cordelia. Cordelia needed summoner support, otherwise the Hammer guy would live with 1 HP. Cherche needed Hone, Ally Support, SPD+3 seal and Goad to double the blue mage. She can be surprisingly fast. 

A lot of Berukas died for this ... honorable mention to my last Cain, a Hana and a Seth. 

Still no music, because I'm doing this on mobile. Do you use a PC for your edits, @Zeo

@mampfoid I know how one can burn through SI when trying to beat a map, especially a particular way but you did it! This was one of the easier GHBs but the placement of the units would make something like a 1-turn clear difficult, still you did it! Cordelia is so ridiculous she kills a 61 HP Axe unit in a single turn. Just nonsense. Don't worry about those Berukas, they always find a way to replenish over time... wether that's good or bad.

Yeah, I edit on PC. I don't have a phone atm and I can't record on my nephew's since he has so little space. Don't mind tagging me either. As much as I tag people haha.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since I had so much fun doing a one-turn solve for F!Grimas new map, I did also one for Lloyd:

[Snip]

@Zeo @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @mcsilas (I hope you guys don't mind being tagged again). 

Yay, another 1-turn clear!  I love it!  Galeforce is amazing, wowza... Nice to see it in action. :D: 

(It's all good, I'm happy to be tagged.  :])

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

(I hope you guys don't mind being tagged again).

Not at all!  I won't always respond, but I do enjoy watching special clears of some of the game's harder content -- especially if it involves fliers lol