Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

On 3/30/2018 at 6:12 PM, mampfoid said:

Since I had so much fun doing a one-turn solve for F!Grimas new map, I did also one for Lloyd:

Wow, the terrain definitely worked in your favor on this map. Cordelia MVP. The only time(so far) that I used Cordelia's Galeforce was during Robin's GHB. Had to use it as a hit and run tactic to aggro the enemies and teleport to safety with Escape Route.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Wow, the terrain definitely worked in your favor on this map. Cordelia MVP. The only time(so far) that I used Cordelia's Galeforce was during Robin's GHB. Had to use it as a hit and run tactic to aggro the enemies and teleport to safety with Escape Route.

Yep, where there are mountains, there will be always also Fliers. 

Because of Cordelias offensive stats, it's easy to set her up for instant GF: Fury, Heavy Blade seal and Slaying Lance. To use her in TTs it's enough vanilla Brave & QP seal (or Heavy Blade), her team mates won't have much left to do. It's worth to try out.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Cute Chao @Vaximillian

So I realised I haven't done the orb quest for the Infantry Lloyd clear, so here it is.

Team is +Res/-HP Saber, +Def/-Spd PA!Axura, +Spd/-Atk Shiro and +Res/-Atk Deirdre

Music is Tranquilizer from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack.

Sure I could have cheesed it with L!Ike and Fjorm but I decided to be different and have a no Distant Counter weapon run. I also chose units that I both like and are rarely seen (well moreso Shiro and Saber). Lastly, only Shiro has some invested skills in him- both Saber and Deirdre have no external skill inheritance because I'm waiting for better natures and are using their default kits. This clear uses two -Atk units (thankfully somewhat patched up with Axura)!

-Saber has the Quick Riposte seal to double the axe infantry and deal as much damage asap. As he uses the Shield Pulse/Aegis combo, he doesn't have Axebreaker (and my Laslows have run out anyway). His main job was to start baiting and tanking both the axe guy and the bow knight.

-Deirdre loves hiding behind the rock as she ploys enemies with her +Res nature. Spd Ploy is such a great skill and helps keep the bow knight's speed in control. 

-Not sure how much +Spd plays a role in Shiro doubling the bow knight, but I do know that since mine is -Atk he needed an Atk+3 sacred seal to knock out the bow knight, otherwise he just misses out. If it was neutral Atk then he doesn't need the Atk boost in the SS slot.

-Speaking of Shiro, the Shiro vs. Lloyd encounter is pretty ironic since they are both voiced by the same voice actor- Kaiji Tang. And they used special quotes with the word "won't" in the end, which is a neat interaction. I wish I recorded an earlier run, Shiro fittingly said "Any last words?" before KOing Lloyd.

-Also I noticed everyone except Axura has Quick Riposte in some way. A bit unintended but it's a good skill anyway.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas I love it at the end, everyone hide in the corner behind Shiro's back. They seem to love him so much at this moment lol

I wish you can get the better IV of Shiro very soon. He will never let you down for tanking and killing physical units.

@mcsilas Lloyd: "You won't escape!" 

Shiro: "I won't lose!" 

Fitting ending dialog. Nice to see some units in action which I'm still missing in my roster. Saber made a good opening bait, while Julia took care of the mage. Wouldn't she one-round him with Moonbow equipped? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Lloyd: "You won't escape!" 

Shiro: "I won't lose!" 

Fitting ending dialog. Nice to see some units in action which I'm still missing in my roster. Saber made a good opening bait, while Julia took care of the mage. Wouldn't she one-round him with Moonbow equipped? 

It was Deirdre. I never had a Julia, and I would welcome her as well whenever she comes to me :)

As for Moonbow, yeah she probably would. I haven't exactly invested skills on her yet because I'm waiting for a non -Atk one (Whenever that will be. She has good skills to fodder so for now I haven't inherited anything). 

Also one of my earlier clears had Shiro ending with "Any last words?" which was also very fitting.

As I said, L!ike can substitute for Saber (the bow knight dies quicker) and Fjorm for Shiro but it doesn't seem as fun and I wanted to make my other underused units shine.

@Ginko Yeah I love using Shiro, he's really good with the enemy phase. I also forgot Lloyd had Pass but it didn't matter because Saber blocked him from reaching Axura anyway. I wish I had a Shiro as good as yours one day :D

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It was Deirdre. I never had a Julia, and I would welcome her as well whenever she comes to me :)

Whops, I don't have Deirdre either, I hope that's a good enough excuse. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Whops, I don't have Deirdre either, I hope that's a good enough excuse. 

Well they do have similar art and weapons so it happens haha

I hope you get them, although I haven't really seen them both in a banner lately. I think Julia's last banner was Hero Fest 2?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well they do have similar art and weapons so it happens haha

I hope you get them, although I haven't really seen them both in a banner lately. I think Julia's last banner was Hero Fest 2?

I didn't pull for them on their banners, because generally I'm low on bias things. Gameplay-wise they had to compete with +SPD Nino ... 

@mcsilas Finally got around to watching this and was pleasantly surprised! Saber is one of the rarest things to see in this game and Shiro can get deceptively fast at +SPD with those buffs. Good choice of music and just seeing those two in action was a treat. Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zeo @mampfoid sorry if it’s too much at once.

Last one for today. I tried to do an all colorless run but it didn’t really work out. Sad thing was that the only reason it doesn’t is because I need drag back but I don’t have the fodder for it so instead Marisa gets to join in.

Seeing Matthew triggered me lol. It's amazing how satisfying it is to see someone else put in work with him, and that he can do it without merges or SS. A fantastic clear all the same. I'll have to check out the other two later.

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@Zeo @mampfoid sorry if it’s too much at once.

Last one for today. I tried to do an all colorless run but it didn’t really work out. Sad thing was that the only reason it doesn’t is because I need drag back but I don’t have the fodder for it so instead Marisa gets to join in.

Oh, I like it. An original team you built there. Leon didn't have much to do, just HP reservoir and final kill. 

I'll check the others this evening. ;-)

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, I like it. An original team you built there. Leon didn't have much to do, just HP reservoir and final kill. 

I'll check the others this evening. ;-)

Yeah I noticed that too. He was just kinda there for emotional support. Marisa actually took care of his job by handling the pegasus and the cavalry. Originally Marisa did absolutely nothing except for that drag back but since I used Leon in another video I just let her in on the action for this one.

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid I think it’s just Michalis left after this one, as far as recordings go.

Hide contents

Cool, you nearly finished them all? Caeda didn't even need Vantage, that poor Axe Peg would have dealt only 5 damage. With QP Roy could have dealt with an additional unit, it seems you need something beyond infernal. Congrats! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like with Narcian, Flier Emblem + terrain advantage = AI just getting completely picked apart.

My semi-budget Flier Emblem doesn't even have Hone Fliers! (It does have Firesweep+ Cordelia +1, though; alongside Cherche with no refine, but Atk +3 Seal and Fortify Fliers; Summer Corrin with vanilla Blarblade and Goad Fliers; and Elincia with an Atk +3 Seal and Goad Fliers.)

All right, abyssal done yet again -- this time with no extra skill inheritance.

I did need to mess around with a couple of sacred seals for this clear though. Lene got hone speed 3 seal to help Lewyn double the axe fighter while normal Eirika got drive attack 2 seal to help him finish it off one turn later. Normal neutral attack Reinhardt couldn't secure kills on the pegasus knight or the cavalier without attack+3, so I couldn't give him the drive attack seal instead.

Lewyn attacked the axe fighter on turn 1, and then was danced to safety. Reinhardt killed the lance pegasus on turn 2, while Lewyn finished off the axe fighter. Thankfully, the lance cavalier chooses to reposition Lloyd instead of following the bow cavalier, which didn't get the hone cavalry buff once EP2 started, and Eirika was able to take one hit from the bow cavalier. That said, I did have to give Lewyn distant defense seal so that the bow cavalier wouldn't be tempted to attack (and kill) him. Eirika stabs the bow cavalier twice and Reinhardt finishes it.

The lance cavalier ... decided to keep repositioning Lloyd instead of coming towards me, so Reinhardt killed the red mage when it slowly approached me, then killed the lance cavalier with help from attack buffs and then he killed Lloyd with a dance on the next turn.

Edited by Sunwoo

Abyssal Lloyd in one turn: 

Strange they changed the colors of the Flier and the mage. Another occasion to use Astra. Cordelia needed TA3 to kill Lloyd and wouldn't survive his Iceberg regardless. @LordFrigid

Thanks to @mental_offence for the first time with in-game audio! (I mixed up OBS and OpenShot in the past, I've never used OBS before - it's pretty useful. Thanks again!). @mcsilas @Zeo