Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

From the hardest Abyssal GHB so far to the easiest so far. F!Grima Repositioned everyone across the river and bottlenecked everyone on the wrong side of the map.

This map was not designed with Fliers in mind.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did this one on my own with no help! :D I remembered Lloyd not being that hard anyway. I used a similar strategy that I'd done on infernal, in fact, but I had to switch it up a tad. Used Freddy, Reinhardt, Sigurd, and a dancer (Silvia, but any one of them would've worked, I think). Frederick, of course, did the tanking and he still takes out three units for me almost right away. lol Then it's just clean up after that. Took a couple tries though, because I needed a certain setup, somehow, for Frederick to be able to one-round the lance cav, or else the lance cav swaps him into the red mage's range. >_< First time I met a lance wielder Frederick couldn't handle without help, but yeah. He did the job!

MVP Freddy again. <3 Still love ya, Freddy Bear!

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid

Very nice work there! I like the Astra usage.

I could maybe have used Tana for this, but Wings is a relatively small investment compared to other things needed for One-Turns, so I brought Ephraim on board. He may get Galeforce eventually...

Lucina strikes again.

Nice breather from Ursula's map yesterday. Required slightly more exact math to secure KO's but less trial and error compared to the Abyssal clear of Ursula's Abyssal map.

Notes:

Turn 2: Camilla needed the buff from Hone Fliers, 2 Goad Fliers, and Drive Attack 2 seal to double(38 speed needed, Hone Fliers and 2 Goad Fliers puts her at 39 Speed) and KO the bow cavalier in 2 hits after being buffed by Hone Cavalry from the lance cavalier.

Turn 4: Elincia needs one Goad Flier buff after Hone Fliers boost to KO the axe fighter in 2 hits. Similarly, Camilla needed the attack buff from Drive Attack 2 seal, Goad Fliers, Hone Fliers, AND S rank ally support(at 1 tile apart) with Nowi to KO the lance flier in 2 hits with Bonfire.

Turn 5: Cordelia needs the attack boost from 2 Goad Fliers and S rank ally support with Elincia to KO Lloyd since she was hit by Chill Attack 3.

Spoiler

I used PheonixMaster's 1st solution and got it! This is the first Abyssal map I've beaten. I'm glad the AI was more or less the same even though I had to change up the units.

I swapped Olivia for Silvia, Clarrise for L!Lyn, Fjorm for Nowi, and Valter for Est (I even gave her the ducky). The only AI change was Lloyd going for Silvia rather than coming straight down for L!Lyn, but I was able to kill the units all the same (well, Lyn actually killed a couple quicker than Clarisse but otherwise, the same). The only other change I had to make was for Nowi. Usually I run the +Res Lightning Breath but she couldn't survive the Bow Cavalier with it so I just gave her +Def and everything else went perfectly. Glad I was able to get this one since this is one of the Gold Accessories that's actually worth it

Gold Ribbon get!

What worried me most was, as in the original Infernal battle, the Bow Cav, who was pretty much raw power when the units I like using in these maps are marshmallows. But it turns out, he's only a threat if he can counterattack, and... eheh, I REALLY hope they never release a skill or weapon that enables counterattacks regardless of enemies skills, even if they are overpowered as hell right now.

Gold Ribbon is now my first abbysal reward!

Ok, i did use Pheonixmaster's solution, but that doesn't matter much since i had to find a way to work around my Veronica not having Neutral IV's since Celica was my freebie. 

I haven't done the infernal quests on him yet because i have been on this game for too little to have emblem teams. I guess i could do Infantry but i don't know who to swap Veronica for.

• 2 weeks later...

@mampfoid Another Astra finisher! Impressive as always but honestly Lloyd impressed me just as much knowing he could oneshot your Cordelia with his special. Good work, a little jealous of you grabbing all those gold accessories so quickly.

I actually haven't gotten around to clearing this one yet. I know the potential for FE7 clears is fun and everything, I just haven't been interested. Not really interested in Urusla's Abyssal map either so that'll probably pass me by again this week too. Oh well, I'll get around to it. No rush.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Another Astra finisher! Impressive as always but honestly Lloyd impressed me just as much knowing he could oneshot your Cordelia with his special. Good work,

Thanks! 

Yeah Abyssal Lloyd actually became a threat. Like all Sword units, he is suffering from the immense competition though. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Good work, a little jealous of you grabbing all those gold accessories so quickly.

[...]

Oh well, I'll get around to it. No rush.

I don't care much about accessories (apart from the glasses which are just too perfect for Walhart). Just be happy that you have some nice (nearly permanent available) challenges open. I tend to rush most of them too fast, I should enjoy them more. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Not really interested in Urusla's Abyssal map either

That one is killing me. I can't border to deal with it just yet, it needs too much Support Grind, perhaps even some new units, merges on Roy and a better nature on L!Lucina. 

• 1 month later...

I hope this isn't considered necroposting, but it isn't often I beat a Abysal GHB. I don't think it happened at all before this actually.

This is the Royboys, Cecilia and Bunny Alfonse vs Lloyd's team. It was a bit tricky for my all out offense team to deal with these super beefed up enemies. Even the mighty reinhard started underperforming. A few breakers, horse buffs and a bow did wonders though.

*takes deep breath* I JUST BEAT THE ABYSMAL MAP BY. MY. SELF. 
Flysquad 2: Elincia, Nino, Sumia and Ninian, once again took on Lloyd to claim the bow! (Game pls let us get older accessories, kthnx). 

I did this map 4 times, and again different results. as mentioned i found how to record the screen, so i figured, let me show you. In this attempt i had to remove Sumia's link skill. something was debuffing her and Elincia and Elincia couldn't take out that bow knight. With it removed, everything flew (haha) with ease - just a bit time consuming. So. freaking proud of me beating my first abysmal. 

Edited by daisy jane

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Flysquad 2: Elincia, Nino, Sumia and Ninian, once again took on Lloyd to claim the bow! (Game pls let us get older accessories, kthnx). 

I did this map 4 times, and again different results. as mentioned i found how to record the screen, so i figured, let me show you. In this attempt i had to remove Sumia's link skill. something was debuffing her and Elincia and Elincia couldn't take out that bow knight. With it removed, everything flew (haha) with ease - just a bit time consuming. So. freaking proud of me beating my first abysmal.

Only 6 more to go

That's some nice use of the terrain to divide and conquer. I'm happy that :Nino: carried the team, it's her responsibility to put down the rabid wolf.

11 hours ago, Sasori said:

I hope this isn't considered necroposting, but it isn't often I beat a Abysal GHB. I don't think it happened at all before this actually.

This is the Royboys, Cecilia and Bunny Alfonse vs Lloyd's team. It was a bit tricky for my all out offense team to deal with these super beefed up enemies. Even the mighty reinhard started underperforming. A few breakers, horse buffs and a bow did wonders though.

Nice team with the double Roy~ Also like seeing Spring Alphonse~ Horse Emblem made this a pretty easy win, they didn't even take any damage by the end, LOL~

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Great job! I see you had a bit of trouble getting the placement down and I remember it is pretty hard trying to separate them from Lloyd when I did it, but you chipped them down till he was the last one and by that  time, just ganging up on him works~ Great job!

@daisy jane Those are some pretty powerful units you have there! It's weird, I don't have a single unit in this clear, and what a clear it was. It was a long-fought victory, but a victory all the same. I could see how careful you were being with your positioning, a wrong move could have spelled doom. It's funny, I probably would have let Lloyd come to Sumia, you probably already tried that though. This map really does cater to flyers, that's it's weakness and you capitalized on that and earned the win. Good work.

Nino looks really fun though, kind of wish I had her. When is normal Nino gonna get her tome?

@mampfoid @Alexmender @mcsilas @Azuris @Landmaster @Nanima @daisy jane @ruruo @Baldrick @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse

Old Matthew Clear: 

Spoiler

Hitting you guys with a double whammy. Friday was a free day so it was pretty much the only time to do this. Why did I revisit this old map? Same reason as Berkut: the special clear. Figured why not go ahead and let Morgan smoke the map while we're here. Away we go.

Not much to say for Morgan really. No challenge at all. I don't even think Priscilla did anything now that I'm thinking about it. Well... you'll see for yourself.

Since I remember really struggling to beat the Abyssal map the day it came out, I revisited it with my Matthew team for the heck of it. No deviation, all the standard builds and had a go at it. Turns out I was really tired and stressed trying to get the gold accessory before the map disappeared. Revisiting this map with a clear mind showed me how easy it really was. Chances are the first go around I was probably just rushing foolishly. None of that here, what you see here? It's gravy. Five minutes, three tries. 

At last the special clear. For the longest time I've wanted to do a clear with the FE7 trio but there was always something standing in the way. I couldn't beat the map with the team comp or simply didn't think to bring certain units along when I could. Not so here. I kind of wanted to use OG Hector to fit the theme but I was lazy. I would have needed to put Axebreaker on him and run DEF tactic which I didn't feel like doing. So sadly Legendary Hector filled in. But it's not worth fussing over. Either way, Here's Eliwood, Hector and Lyn in all their Glory. 

And at last, I sleep.

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Flysquad 2: Elincia, Nino, Sumia and Ninian, once again took on Lloyd to claim the bow! 

That's great! You did a great job!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Great job! I see you had a bit of trouble getting the placement down and I remember it is pretty hard trying to separate them from Lloyd when I did it, but you chipped them down till he was the last one and by that  time, just ganging up on him works~ Great job!

Thanks!  It was literally remembering what i did. (and this was like. the 4th different result. LOL) and i just didn't want to screw it up ;) note my friend texted me in the middle and i am like. i am not trying to figure this out again so it stays haha. 

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

@daisy jane Those are some pretty powerful units you have there! It's weird, I don't have a single unit in this clear, and what a clear it was. It was a long-fought victory, but a victory all the same. I could see how careful you were being with your positioning, a wrong move could have spelled doom. It's funny, I probably would have let Lloyd come to Sumia, you probably already tried that though. This map really does cater to flyers, that's it's weakness and you capitalized on that and earned the win. Good work.

Nino looks really fun though, kind of wish I had her. When is normal Nino gonna get her tome?

I hope she does. I LOVE Nino (Both versions). she needs to be the very best :D  and yah. Flying Nino is doubly as awesome. (you wouldn't believe that she's actually -atk here. so once i upgrade her to +atk... watch out!

I think in one attempt, he does. like that's the weird thing. this attempt i had that repo loop happening? that didn't happen the first three times. and Lloyd wasn't the last to die. i guess it's just more of who goes where, and who kills whom. :) thanks for the compliment. it really means a lot, and i really loved your clears too (including the one Featuring Lyn!

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's great! You did a great job!

thanks! :)

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Good work @daisy jane i still have to set up a flier team for myself. 

thank ya!
you should!! they are soo much fun 

20 hours ago, Sasori said:

This is the Royboys, Cecilia and Bunny Alfonse vs Lloyd's team

Roys are always appreciated and Alfonse is too rare. Nice clear, you didn't run into much trouble. Congrats!

16 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Wohooo, what a streak you are having currently! Seems you are beating this game. 

Especially great that the same team worked again. They took out one enemy after being the other. The blue Cav was so frightened, he pulled back his boss over and over. 

Even Flier Formation worked in your favor. Was confused for a second by your messenger, had the impression Vimeo would add some strange advertisement. ^^' 

A lot of baiting in the end, Lloyd is surprisingly dangerous. I'm happy you did it, congratulations! 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Not much to say for Morgan really. No challenge at all

Fast and clean. I don't think exactly the same would work at Abyssal. Do you think Morgan & Co. would be ready for the challenge? 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

, I revisited it with my Matthew team for the heck of it.

That actually looked effortless. Matthew was everywhere. 

I know what you mean, when tired I'm thinking too complicated. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

At last the special clear.

Beautiful theme, I think L'Hector fits perfectly. I love the end where Lyn finally shows her strengths. 

Congrats, you are entertaining us in these void days. 

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nice team with the double Roy~ Also like seeing Spring Alphonse~ Horse Emblem made this a pretty easy win, they didn't even take any damage by the end, LOL~

Spring Alfonse got to fill in for Titiania who sadly did not impress my very much. This is probably one of the easier Abyssal maps so I did not have too much problems. Only difficult part was figuring out how to kill Lloyd and that surprisingly fast axe guy at the starts.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Roys are always appreciated and Alfonse is too rare. Nice clear, you didn't run into much trouble. Congrats!

Roys really are always appreciated. My Normal Roy became quite the tank, Legendary Roy has the galeforce strats and my -hp/+Speed Valentine Roy.....is kinda underwhelming normally, but here he managed to pull his weight.

32 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Roys really are always appreciated. My Normal Roy became quite the tank, Legendary Roy has the galeforce strats and my -hp/+Speed Valentine Roy.....is kinda underwhelming normally, but here he managed to pull his weight.

A Legendary Roy would be awesome! :-)

Valentine Roy is a great Brave Archer, I'm using him more than Lyn.