Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo

Wow, you have been doing a lot these days.

You are right, it looks like your Morgan team was way too strong for this map, but you earned that by building it.

Abyssal and the really high stats again, so Matthew can't just kill most enemies in one battle, but he still refuses to die and takes on abyssal enemies like it is nothing so they have to die sooner or later. Nice job.

And the last one doesn't count because that's not OG Hector. Just kidding, it's good to see the FE7 trio together. They don't work that well together so that is a rare occurrence. Funny how Lyn looked like she won't do anything only to suddenly go on and defeat everyone left and finish the map. Good work.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Good stuff! 

As always Morgan just blew threw the map, it even shows because your playstyle seemed a bit reckless this time but it makes sense considering the team was never in any danger. 

The Matt clear went as expected. Inflated stats don't mean much against such a sturdy wall. 

The last clear was fun. Lyn seemed like she was going to be a sitting duck, but instead went and destroyed Lloyd and the mage on her own. Funny how you used Serra here, I would've thought you'd use Ninian instead because she's more main character-ish.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

@daisy jane Those are some pretty powerful units you have there! It's weird, I don't have a single unit in this clear, and what a clear it was. It was a long-fought victory, but a victory all the same. I could see how careful you were being with your positioning, a wrong move could have spelled doom. It's funny, I probably would have let Lloyd come to Sumia, you probably already tried that though. This map really does cater to flyers, that's it's weakness and you capitalized on that and earned the win. Good work.

Nino looks really fun though, kind of wish I had her. When is normal Nino gonna get her tome?

@mampfoid @Alexmender @mcsilas @Azuris @Landmaster @Nanima @daisy jane @ruruo @Baldrick @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse

Old Matthew Clear: 

Reveal hidden contents

Hitting you guys with a double whammy. Friday was a free day so it was pretty much the only time to do this. Why did I revisit this old map? Same reason as Berkut: the special clear. Figured why not go ahead and let Morgan smoke the map while we're here. Away we go.

Not much to say for Morgan really. No challenge at all. I don't even think Priscilla did anything now that I'm thinking about it. Well... you'll see for yourself.

Since I remember really struggling to beat the Abyssal map the day it came out, I revisited it with my Matthew team for the heck of it. No deviation, all the standard builds and had a go at it. Turns out I was really tired and stressed trying to get the gold accessory before the map disappeared. Revisiting this map with a clear mind showed me how easy it really was. Chances are the first go around I was probably just rushing foolishly. None of that here, what you see here? It's gravy. Five minutes, three tries. 

At last the special clear. For the longest time I've wanted to do a clear with the FE7 trio but there was always something standing in the way. I couldn't beat the map with the team comp or simply didn't think to bring certain units along when I could. Not so here. I kind of wanted to use OG Hector to fit the theme but I was lazy. I would have needed to put Axebreaker on him and run DEF tactic which I didn't feel like doing. So sadly Legendary Hector filled in. But it's not worth fussing over. Either way, Here's Eliwood, Hector and Lyn in all their Glory. 

And at last, I sleep.

This was easy for Matthew and Morgan, even Abyssal Matthew got through without all that much of a struggle~ FE7 theme was nice since I've yet to get OG Lyn, I forgot how good Sol Katti is~ Regular Eliwood's also really good, didn't even need to change out his C slot~ Another nice one!

@daisy jane Congratulations on the Abyssal clear! You have a really good flier team, and even without Hone Fliers you made it work! Great job, and yes flier mobility is so great to use!

@Zeo Morgan sure made things easy. The axe infantry was just begging to be targeted. Priscilla needed a break from dominating Ike and Soren.

Getting breaks and thinking with a clear head can be a good thing, and from what I read, it shows in your newer attempt with Matthew. Matthew can take the bows really well I noticed.

As for the FE7 lords clear, sometimes we just have to go for the most efficient ways. Hammer can be pretty annoying for Hector, would the Wary + QR be a different solution? Although I guess you still need the Distant Def somehow. Nice to see Eliwood in action again, he needs more love. OG Lyn making a comeback again is really nice and I love how she beats the boss in the map!

Actually speaking of, I did an Abyssal run of this map just after Lon'qu's refinement, I don't think I've posted it here so, well here it is.

@Landmaster @Azuris @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @Ginko @Eclipsd

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk.-HP Maribelle, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo and +Res/-HP Legendary Lucina. Music is Destiny (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening.

I think this was the same team I used to beat Aversa, and I tried them out in Abyssal Lloyd to test out Lon'qu more. Razzle Dazzle Gravity is a wonderful tool for these maps, since it allows me to reposition my units with L!Lucina and Inigo.

@mampfoid Honestly it didn't even occur to me to try Abyssal with Morgan's team. They probably could have beaten it honestly. The issue likely would be the flier though. The change from green to blue would probably be problematic for Morgan.

@Alexmender Anyone could have gone in Serra's spot, really. But Ninian is featured heavily in my clears for obvious reasons which is probably why I didn't think to use her. And yeah, Lyn seeming like she was going to be window dressing was the idea. I thought her actions at the end would make people double take.

@mcsilas This reminded me of my old Saias clear. You may have wanted to test out Lon'Qu, but Maribelle was clearly the star of the show. She completely trivialized what would have otherwise been a very arduous clear along with L!Lucina who's Future Vision allowed you to make positioning choices that would have been otherwise impossible. I still haven't gotten the hang of mine just yet. Great stuff.

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Honestly it didn't even occur to me to try Abyssal with Morgan's team. They probably could have beaten it honestly. The issue likely would be the flier though. The change from green to blue would probably be problematic for Morgan.

Found it odd they changed colors. But the mage gets a better color for Morgan (red). 

/Edit: @mcsilas Solid strat to weaken up enemies with bloated stats. Your team doesn't even get hit once! Good idea to bring Lucina, congrats! 

Edited by mampfoid

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@daisy jane Congratulations on the Abyssal clear! You have a really good flier team, and even without Hone Fliers you made it work! Great job, and yes flier mobility is so great to use!

@Zeo Morgan sure made things easy. The axe infantry was just begging to be targeted. Priscilla needed a break from dominating Ike and Soren.

Getting breaks and thinking with a clear head can be a good thing, and from what I read, it shows in your newer attempt with Matthew. Matthew can take the bows really well I noticed.

As for the FE7 lords clear, sometimes we just have to go for the most efficient ways. Hammer can be pretty annoying for Hector, would the Wary + QR be a different solution? Although I guess you still need the Distant Def somehow. Nice to see Eliwood in action again, he needs more love. OG Lyn making a comeback again is really nice and I love how she beats the boss in the map!

Actually speaking of, I did an Abyssal run of this map just after Lon'qu's refinement, I don't think I've posted it here so, well here it is.

@Landmaster @Azuris @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @Ginko @Eclipsd

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk.-HP Maribelle, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo and +Res/-HP Legendary Lucina. Music is Destiny (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening.

I think this was the same team I used to beat Aversa, and I tried them out in Abyssal Lloyd to test out Lon'qu more. Razzle Dazzle Gravity is a wonderful tool for these maps, since it allows me to reposition my units with L!Lucina and Inigo.

Good use of Gravity and Future Vision together to keep your units positioned in a way they could easily attack and retreat from the opponents' range~ Lucina and Maribelle taking care of the heavy lifting made it easy for Lon'qu to clean up at the end~ Good job!~

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: @mcsilas Solid strat to weaken up enemies with bloated stats. Your team doesn't even get hit once! Good idea to bring Lucina, congrats! 

I mean, with those Abyssal stats and my team's paper defenses (especially Lon'qu and Maribelle), I kind of didn't want to get hit haha. Good thing that rock tile was there to help shield Maribelle while she bombs them with Savage Gravity+.

@Zeo Yeah I think that's why I didn't really show this off the first time since Maribelle took the spotlight. Well-deserved spotlight at least. I'm sure you'll get used to Future Vision, it's a very fun skill to use.

@Landmaster Thanks! I really wanted Lon'qu to get some finishing kills otherwise Maribelle would have had all the fun to herself heh

@mcsilas

You controlled the map really well to deal with those abyssal stats. The fights happened on your terms and you could keep yourself from being overwhelmed. Gravity is really nice and you utilized it beautifully. Also Lucina's assist skill is great and you made good use of it, I should bring her out more.

Nice clear, well done.

• 1 month later...

So I had a few ideas.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents-@Nanima (ah sorry forgot to tag you in the Ursula thread as well)

Firstly is a Canine Emblem team challenging the White Wolf!

Team is neutral 4* Lloyd, neutral Linus, neutral Nailah and +HP/-Def Rhajat.

Music is The Wandering Wolf (Akihiko Theme) from Persona 4 Arena OST.

Lloyd is the White Wolf, Linus the Mad Dog, Nailah is a Wolf Laguz and Rhajat has a Wolf tome.

-Hope you enjoyed Lloyd Smite strats @mampfoid! That river and right corner was made for that assist.

-Rhajat and Linus cleanly handles the right side while Nailah shows what real wolves can do.

---

Next, just like the Linus GHB clear, I decided to try Kaiji Tang Emblem against his brother Lloyd as well!

Team is neutral Lloyd, +Def/-Atk +1 Shiro, +HP/-Def Owain and +Atk/-Res Odin. All of them share the same VA.

Music is Ikari - Fateful Battle theme - KOF XIV ver. from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-Owain takes charge early on and needed the double Atk/Def bond to keep as much health up since I wanted to save Lloyd's HP for later.

-Odin didn't do too much this time (although he could KO the bow archer with Atk/Spd link buffs, although his health would be too low afterwards), but Drive Atk buffs is always useful.

-Lloyd vs Lloyd! Kind of funny how they both had the same HP left in the end before the final blow altough if it weren't for Threaten Atk he could have ORKOed his other self.

Oh, I cleared Abyssal with the Ol'Reliable (Witch!Nowi, Valter, Newmilla, Newzura (So... the same as for clearing fliers on Infernal without Elincia)).

Mostly took advantage of the river to force the horses to move about, the bow cav never threatened.

@mcsilas

Looks like you have been really busy with new clears.

Oh hey, Lloyd and Linus got to do something this time. Also I really liked the throwing people over the river part. Well done.

For the second one Owain did really get a lot done. And yes the 7 HP Lloyds dueling was funny indeed. Good job.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So I had a few ideas.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents-@Nanima (ah sorry forgot to tag you in the Ursula thread as well)

Team is neutral 4* Lloyd, neutral Linus, neutral Nailah and +HP/-Def Rhajat.

Music is The Wandering Wolf (Akihiko Theme) from Persona 4 Arena OST.

Lloyd is the White Wolf, Linus the Mad Dog, Nailah is a Wolf Laguz and Rhajat has a Wolf tome.

-Hope you enjoyed Lloyd Smite strats @mampfoid! That river and right corner was made for that assist.

-Rhajat and Linus cleanly handles the right side while Nailah shows what real wolves can do.

---

Next, just like the Linus GHB clear, I decided to try Kaiji Tang Emblem against his brother Lloyd as well!

Team is neutral Lloyd, +Def/-Atk +1 Shiro, +HP/-Def Owain and +Atk/-Res Odin. All of them share the same VA.

Music is Ikari - Fateful Battle theme - KOF XIV ver. from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-Owain takes charge early on and needed the double Atk/Def bond to keep as much health up since I wanted to save Lloyd's HP for later.

-Odin didn't do too much this time (although he could KO the bow archer with Atk/Spd link buffs, although his health would be too low afterwards), but Drive Atk buffs is always useful.

-Lloyd vs Lloyd! Kind of funny how they both had the same HP left in the end before the final blow altough if it weren't for Threaten Atk he could have ORKOed his other self.

Wasn’t expecting that Smite across the water for Rhajat and Linus~ Rhajat’s Vantage was great. Now Linus and Lloyd get some action. Linus in particular took down a handful of foes. Enemy Lloyd was no match for Nailah’s true damage.

Kaiji Tang Emblem again! Owain goes off on an early rampage before tag teaming in Shiro. Great work with Odin’s buffs. Shiro does all his good tanking for the last couple of enemies and Lloyd deals with his steroid self without much problem~

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Nice theme, but the highlight is Lloyd smiting half his team over the river. 

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh, this time Lloyd is killing his boss-self, after having Owain cleared half of the map. Congrats! 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...