How Likely/Unlikely Do You think TMS Representation Is?

An idea that popped into my head a while back. I know there's a variety of issues, such as it's not the most popular game, that it's design and characters would clash like crazy, there could be an issue with Atlus and some may not even consider it to be an "FE" game but I thought it'd be cool to talk about.

I feel like they could do it in two ways:

• Have the units who represent the game be the school kids in their normal attire, but transform into their battle gear/ idol gear for their critical hit art
  • Have the Mirages of Chrom, Caeda etc. be the ambassadors, in a similar vein to the Spring Festival Event where it's the same character but a different style and get-up 

If I recall correctly, there was an interview a while ago where some of the people working on Heroes were actually asked if TMS characters would be appearing in the game, and they said something along the lines of it being difficult because of the difference in setting or something. I'd go back through the forum to try and find the thread where it was posted, but I don't have the time at the moment.

I'd still like to see it happen though. I even got this silly idea in my head that if it were to happen, the chapter/paralogue would include a conversation between the avatar and the Askr trio about how the TMS world resembles the world the avatar is from.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the interview: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Edited by CancerTurtle

The answer given in the interview always struck me as a non-answer since its not like it would really matter. I mean we have spring variants, christmas variants, whatever the hero poll variantsl ook like, maybe a bride coming soon, its not like humans would be THAT weird. Just handwave it with alternate universes and have the humans use their carnage forms; alternately just use chrom/virion/tharja/caeda/draug/navarre/tiki as they are. The story of that game had them take on those forms in their own world so its not like they NEED to be carnages to be used.

That said, I don't see it happening any time soon. TMS is pretty niche, its older now and we still have a lot of main-line characters to get through. If there's ever a port or a sequel, I could see that changing.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

The answer given in the interview always struck me as a non-answer since its not like it would really matter. I mean we have spring variants, christmas variants, whatever the hero poll variantsl ook like, maybe a bride coming soon, its not like humans would be THAT weird. Just handwave it with alternate universes and have the humans use their carnage forms; alternately just use chrom/virion/tharja/caeda/draug/navarre/tiki as they are. The story of that game had them take on those forms in their own world so its not like they NEED to be carnages to be used.

That said, I don't see it happening any time soon. TMS is pretty niche, its older now and we still have a lot of main-line characters to get through. If there's ever a port or a sequel, I could see that changing.

Probably where the beginning of the development they don't see it as something really possible... But now the things have changed, and it looks more likely to feature bizarre options.

Hmm hmm, I could see a campaign chapter in the World of Performa. In previous chapters, the lords expressed confusion at Kiran's description of cars and phones. Have it be a somber moment where it appears they've found a way to send Kiran home but they don't want him to go. But that's before they realize it's not quite the Japan of our real world.

To be totally honest, I think their chances are slim at best. BUT, I wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely.

As to whether it would be the kids or the mirages, I can't be sure about that. Either would work, I think. Seeing Tharja as an offensive staff user and phantom daddy Chrom along with the other mirages would be of greater interest to me than Main-kun, Token girl-chan, BFF-san and the rest though. 

It's a very small chance of it happening. But I can see alternate costumes for the Karnage forms. I really liked Caeda's design so i would like to see it.

Toi8 still has yet to do something for this game! I would really like to see his/her work for Heroes.

If the TMS characters do get in, they'll most definitely be in their Carnage Forms. Going off of FE Cipher, all the characters are featured in their Carnage forms, except for like in maybe one or two cards.

27 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hmm hmm, I could see a campaign chapter in the World of Performa. In previous chapters, the lords expressed confusion at Kiran's description of cars and phones. Have it be a somber moment where it appears they've found a way to send Kiran home but they don't want him to go. But that's before they realize it's not quite the Japan of our real world.

Hey, that actually sounds nice. If only this game had a plot.

I would strongly suggest if you want to see them in the game, shoot the devs a brief email letting them know. If they see there's demand for them, they'll find a way to make it happen. 

I just realized, should the TMS characters show up in Heroes, it'll be the first time they have English voices inb4 they pull a Smash Bros Marth and have the TMS characters speak Japanese in all versions of the game

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I just realized, should the TMS characters show up in Heroes, it'll be the first time they have English voices inb4 they pull a Smash Bros Marth and have the TMS characters speak Japanese in all versions of the game

The game was designed for otakus so they could pull it off.

I actually made a topic about this way back I think. I think the general consensus was that they'd be a welcome addition? I'd certainly love to see them. Especially since they present a great chance to introduce wacky skills, since their game system is completely different.

I'd say their chances are okay at least. They were in Cipher so obviously Intelligent Systems recognizes them.

I'd be curious to see the weapons and skills they'd bring. And if they do come, they better come with an English voice actor, because I passed on TMS for that very reason.

12 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd say their chances are okay at least. They were in Cipher so obviously Intelligent Systems recognizes them.

Though, their Cipher inclusion was about the same time TMS released in Japan, and was probably done to promote the game. Since it's sold the way it has and received the reviews it has, IS might be less keen.

On the topic of how TMS characters would fit into the story, I just remembered that in the same conversation in which Kiran/Avatar tells the trio about his/her world, Anna says "I've never seen a gateway that goes to such a world."

As far as I'm aware, this could mean one of two things for the story of a potential World of Mirage chapter, or whatever you want to call it.

1. The gateway was opened by a member of Askran royalty other than Alfonse and Sharena, and has sat unused for some time, which is why Anna doesn't know about it.

2. The gateway hasn't been opened yet, and for the chapter to exist, Alfonse or Sharena open the gateway so the group can access the world, for reasons.

Just throwing that out there. I think it'd be cool if it was the latter, if only to see the power of the Askran dudes, but considering the plot, I have a difficult time coming up with a scenario which would justify opening another gate that Veronica could use and plunder heroes from.

It is true that Intelligent Systems and Atlus may have to agree on whether or not the TMS cast makes it in. Could end up being a similar scenario to that of Geno, where Nintendo can use him in small cases such as a costume in Smash or a cameo in Superstar Saga but when it comes to actually using the Geno character in major way, Nintendo would have to get Square Enix's approval. After all, Atlus DID make TMS. Though i don't know if Atlus has allowed Intelligent Systems to use the TMS cast whenever they want. Yeah, they've appeared in Cipher, but they've only appeared in Series 4 and that's it.

Still, i do want the TMS cast to be in Heroes, mainly now because it'd be cool to see Tsubasa's robot pegasus thing that she's been shown to ride in a few scenes. Honestly, the TMS would be the most interesting to see in Heroes because they are just so different. Again, they'd likely be in their Carnage Forms.

On the other hand, the Champion's Blade and Cipher characters have a higher chance. And of course, the eventual Fire Emblem Warriors characters. The fact that Warriors is planned to have Cipher representation implies that it'll have original characters.

When reading this, A saw the perfect excuse for some character ideas:

Aoi Ikutski: Mirage master

Spoiler

Movement: Infantry; Weapon: blue tome; Description: “A young hero with large amounts of performa attempting to piece together the mysteries of the idolasphere. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE”

Skill list:

Weapons: 1*: Thunder; 3*: Elthunder; 4*: Lightning (Mt 7, accelerates special cooldown); 5* Lightning+ (Mt 10, accelerates special cooldown)

Suppourt: 4*: Rally spectrum (gives +1 to attack, speed, defense and resistance of targeted unit)

Special: 2*: Night sky; 4*: Astra; 5*: Hassou Tobi (deal 300% more damage. Cooldown: 5)

A: 3*: Spare sword 1 (If unit is attacked at range 1, unit may counter with an iron sword); Spare sword 2 (' ' with a steel sword); spare sword 3 (' ' with a silver sword) NOTE: swords are still red here, so if he is attacked by a red/blue unit, he will take extra damage from having this skill.

B: None

C: 4*: Spur defence 1; 5*: spur defence 2

Max stats at 5* LV40: 44 HP, 43 ATK, 35 SPD, 27 DEF, 30 RES

Overall: I can see Ikutski being a good counter to a large portion of the cast (even if he does get murdered by Nino) with fewer weaknesses than other units similar to him.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Where am I now? This doesn't look like the idolasphere. Well, it appears I am bound to your side, so I guess I'll help.

Growth (0-1): “I'll have to try harder than that to beat back those mirages.”

Growth (2-3): “Not bad, not brilliant. I shall continue down this path.”

Growth (4-5): “Ha ha! That was great!”

Growth (skill): “I now have a new way of defending myself. Thank you.”

Low HP: “This hurts!”

Beaten: “That wasn't on the script...”

Tapped: “Ready.” “Where am I needed?” “Who falls next?”

Crit: “Performing live, right here!” “I'll ad-lib this bit.” “I mustn't lose, not here!”

Castle: “Thank you for checking up on everyone, we all appreciate it.”; “Ah, hello. Do you need any help with your patrol, (name)?”; “Um, the girls are staring at me. I've got to admit, I'm a bit creeped out.”; “I miss having modern foods and transport. Do you wish you could bring a bit of your home to here, (name)?”; “Being a part of a legend is so cool! If only it would happen a bit quicker...”

Greeting: “Ah, are you (name)? I've just got a few feathers to unload from (guest's name).”

Skinship: “Haha, that tickles.”; “Stop poking me!”; “I wonder how my friends are doing.”; “This place seems very... Archaic.”

5* LV40 confession: “Although I spent this whole time missing life back home, I've grown to like this place. There are so many charming people, and everyone here is so friendly. Well, everyone except the enemies. In fact, I feel as though I have unlocked powers beyond what I could have achieved without the order of heroes, and I feel like I could take down anyone! So, I'll be sure to keep at my best, and you keep being at yours. Shall this continue until we are no longer needed.”

Tsubasa Oribe: Flying idol

Spoiler

Movement: flier; Weapon: green tome; Description: “A teenage idol who has just started her career in singing at fortuna offices. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Gronnwolf; 5*: Gronnwolf+

Support: 3*: Dia (restores 4HP to an ally); 4*: Diarama (restores 7HP to an ally); 5*: Mediarama (restores 7HP to self and all adjacent allies)

Special: 4*: 2*: weapon press (increases damage by 30% of enemy attack); 4*: rend heaven (increase damage by 50% of enemy attack)

A: 3*: Dual strike (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack for 30% damage); 5*: Session (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack at 50% damage) Note: 'extra damage' can come from the weapons triangle, all offensive skills (excluding daylight and sol), and effective weapons. It cannot come from doubling (from speed or brave weapons) stat buffs or blade tomes.

B: 2*: Desparation 1; 3*: Desparation 2; 4*: Desparation 3; 5*: Brave fear (follow attacks ALWAYS occur first)

C: None

Max stats at 5* LV40: 37 HP, 38 ATK, 39 SPD, 21 DEF, 25 RES.

Overall: Tsubasa is more valuable for her skills than her stats. Although the session bonus and rend heaven combined can kill anything under the sun with ease, her pathetic defence and resistance will let her down a lot.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Oh, this is so cool! So, where are the legendary heroes you were talking about?”

Growth (0-1): “I'm still useless...”

Growth (2-3): “Average?! I am not average!”

Growth (4-5): “YES! I'm one step closer to being a mega-idol”

Growth (skill): “I don't just have physical strength to fall back on. Go me!”

Low HP: “I'm not out yet!”

Beaten: “I can't go on.”

Tapped: “Next move?” “A-are you sure?” “To the front!”

Crit: “Ahhhh!” “Time for an encore!” “La la la laaaa!” “Call THIS 'cute'!”

Castle: “Is there a stage anywhere for me? I'd like to sing sometime.”; “Flying is the best! I should probably start giving people joyrides.”; “This world is so much more peaceful than our Earth... Well, I'm not wrong, am I?”; “Does this world seriously not have idols?! How do people not get bored to death?”; “Thanks for checking up on me. It's more than I deserve.”; “When is my next battle? I should prepare myself properly for it!”; (Another flier in the castle) “We should do a dual routine of flying. It'll be a great performance, right?”

Guest: “Hi, (name)! Another kingdom, more new faces. Can I stay for a few minutes?”

Skinship: “Wah! Oh, it's just you.”; “Hahaha...”; “I've just composed a new song. Want to hear it?”; “Hi there. I'm feeling great today. You?”

5* LV40 confession: “I feel like I'm on top of the world! This place is like a theme park, and you're the main attraction! Oh, uh, no pun intended. Anyway, I can feel so useful here, where I'm not a damsel in distress or just a plain old weakling. So, thank you so much for all the opportunities you have given me here, (name). So, thank you for everything, and I hope I can continue providing support on my end.”

Touma Akagi: cycling flame

Spoiler

Movement: cavalry; Weapon: blue lance; Description: “A hot-headed (and hot-speared) friend of Aoi. His playful nature brings laughter to those around him. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: iron lance; 2*: Steel lance; 4*: Killer lance; 5*: Firetipped lance (Mt 9, accelerates special cooldown, damage reduced by lower of enemy def and res, cannot be inherited.)

Support: Smite

Special: 3*: Ignition (increases damage by 50% of unit's speed, cooldown 4); 4*: Fireball (increases damage by 80% of unit's speed, cooldown 4)

A: 4*: Distant counter

B: 3*: Quicksotic (def/res -2, accelerates special cooldown); 4* Wrath (def/res -4, accelerates special cooldown twice)

C: 2*: Heated rage 1 (when HP<=25% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 5 damage); 3*: Heated rage 2 (When HP<=50% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage); 5*: Heated rage 3 (When HP <= 75% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with wrath): 47 HP, 40 ATK, 38 SPD, 23 DEF, 24 RES.

Overall: With high speed (so he can double attack) and a special cooldown of (effectively) 1, he will be able to activate fireball on EVERY attack! The same can't be said for his ability to tank, though...

Quotes: I'll probably just butcher them for Touma, as he is my least favourite character from TMS (followed by Tsubasa)

Kiria Kurono: supernatural singer

Spoiler

Movement: infantry, Weapon: green tome, Description: “A serious, calm performer who leads Fortuna offices alongside Maiko. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Arcwind; 5*: Music blast (Mt 14, can counter regarless of range. Cannot be inherited.)

Support: 2*: Sing

Special: 3*: Chilling wind; 4* Glacies.

A: 3*: Defiant guard 1 (def/res+2 when HP>=50%); 4*: Defiant guard 2 (def/res+3 when HP>=50%); 5*: Defiant guard 3 (def/res +4 when HP>=50%)

B: 3* Quick riposte 1; 5*: Quick riposte 2

C: 4*: Dual concert (Unit may use sing skills on other singers/dancers)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with defiant guard 3): 43 HP; 42 ATK; 28 SPD; 34 DEF; 37 RES

Overall: A more defensive Nino for taking and dealing lots of damage. If a team has two Kirias, the 'bard train' is possible, which would be VERY useful for positioning.

Quotes:

Summoned: “What is this place? Is it another idolasphere? Well, I think you would make a siutable guide.”

Growth (0-1): “How unimpressive.”

Growth (2-3): “Satisfactory, but I must strive for better.”

Growth (4-5): “Ah, this is significantly better than anticipated.”

Growth (skill): “Wonderful! I shall put this power to use as soon as possible”

Low HP: “This is pressuring...”

Beaten: “I must exit.”

Tapped: “Continue.”; “Direct me.”; “Time to move.”

Crit: “Amatuerish.”; “I'll show you talent!”; “By the power of song...”

Castle: “Hello. I am glad to see you are being a responsible leader.”; “Good (time of day, using the phone's clock). Is there anything I can help you with”; “Is there anywhere here that's siutable for music practice? I don't want to get rusty.”; “May I help with your patrol?”; “I wonder how Ikutski is doing... Is he OK?”

Guest: “Hello. I have been sent by (guest name) to deliver my greetings. Was my summoner sure this pitiful handful of feathers would be enough of a present?!”

Skinship: “What do you need of me?”; “You remind me of Ikutski-kun. He is admirable, like you.”; “This palace is a beautiful place. May I take a walk around?”; “Will any world ever find peace?”

5* LV40 confession: "I appear to have grown stronger under your influence. Thank you for providing me with so many great opportunities. I promise to help both myself and others with your great gifts toward me. You have my undying gratitude for your magnificent influence.

Now, to add characters, we'll need a story chapter, so let's go! WARNING: This is pretty long as I'm going to make this add to the plot at large.

Spoiler

Chapter 13: The idolasphere

13-1: Arrival in the Earth?

Anna: You know how you mentioned your world containing self-powered carriages and buildings that extended up for hundreds of rooms. Well, I think I may have found a place like that.

Sharena: No! Anna, you can't do that! We need (name) here!

Anna: Aww, are you in love? (name) and Sharena, sitting in a tree...

Alphonse: Can you two cut it out, please? We do need (name)'s competence guiding us along, but I think (name) deserves the pleasure of visiting their homeland.

Sharena: 'Pleasure'? Ooh, maybe YOU'RE the one in love. Alphonse and (name), sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Alphonse: Sharena! Stop that now! You're embarassing all three of us!

Anna: Four.

(Whoever is in the lead of your current team): I think it's all (the total number of heroes in your barracks) of us.

Sharena: Sheesh, it was Anna that started it.

Anna: Anyway, the outrealm we were looking at. Um, how do I put this...? It's under attack and could get destroyed.

Alphonse: Emblians?

Anna: No, actually. It appears there is a third summoner, much like (name) and Bruno. He or she has used their power to destroy outrealms one by one using the fell dragons, such as Medius. The only hero ever to stop Medius is Marth himself, and even then, only if that version of him is lucky. All other kingdoms have fallen to the dragon's might. The other fell dragons are just as powerful as Medius. Oh, and the worst part? Every time the dragon falls, it just gets back up like nothing happened! Much like your ability to revive those fallen after a battle is finished.

Alphonse: A-are you sure we can take on something like that?! I know we need to defend our summoner's heritage, but that sounds insane.

Sharena: Well, there's only one way to find out, and that's by opening the gate. What could possibly go wrong?

Anna: I am not going to dignify that with a response.

(The party moves into the idolasphere...)

Ikutski: Ack! Mirages in our midst! I should not have come here alone.

Chrom: I will admit, that was a bad move on your part. Anyway, let us move in. Any EXP is good EXP.

Anna: Everyone, be on guard. We've been ambushed!

Sharena: Maybe if you learned from (name) and your tactics weren't so awful...

Anna: Maybe it you stopped distracting us...

Alphose: Everyone, weapons at the ready. (At least one of us is paying attention.)

Anna: What was that second part?

Alphonse: I'll tell you after the battle. GO!

The battle begins. Enemies: Ikutski, Chrom, Child!Tiki, Draug. Goal: defeat Ikutski.

Ikutski: I guess I wasn't strong enough. Is this where it ends?

Chrom: Don't give up hope yet. It appears they are giving us a cue to escape.

Tiki: I've made an escape route, go!

(The background changes to Askr)

Anna: Phew! I did not expect that. It looks like we are being mistaken for the real threat.

Sharena: How ungrateful! We came to help out and they attack us?! Well, we still need to clear out those 'mirage' things. After all, saving your world comes above all else, after all you have done for us.

Alphonse: That we can agree on. Let us continue until we can save these people.

13-2: High-flying idol

Anna: Alright, let's see if we can fight actual enemies this time.

Tsubasa: Aah! Mirages! Carnage form, Caeda!

Anna: Ugh, really? It's almost as if they're trying to pad this out so we end up in 5 battles.

Alphonse: Anyway, to the field!

The battle begins. Enemies: Tsubasa, Caeda, Virion, Navarre. Goal: rout

Tsubasa: Oww... Now I can see how they managed to defeat Ikutski.

Caeda: Let's abscond while they're distracted and regroup.

Virion: 'Tis a good job my master was not here to witness such a humiliating defeat.

Navarre: Way to rub salt in the wound. Now my sword's hunger for their blood is ever greater.

Anna: Phew, we managed to deal with them, somehow.

Alphonse: I fear we may have been placed on the heroes' bad side.

Sharena: Lighten up a bit! If we can take on the good guys, we should be able to trounce the villains!

Anna: It doesn't always happen that way. The Judgral wars are a cruel reminder of this fact.

13-3: Flaming cavilier

Sharena: Third time's the charm, right?

Aphonse: You should know it doesn't work like that, right?

Touma: Hopefully it WILL work for me, though. For now, you shall be defeated!

Cain: Exactly. No mirage shall cross the mirage masters' path and see the end of it! I will avenge Ikutski's dignity!

Tiki: Yeah! Go for it, Cain.

Spring!Chrom: If you're wondering how much of his dignity Ikutski lost that day, look at me...

Sharena: N-no, you have the wrong idea! We're not the villains. Ugh, why does reason never work?

Alphonse: I do not know the answer to that. I fear this cruel violence may be a part of human nature, a disease with no cure.

Cain: Pfft. 'Disease', 'cure'?! Uncontrolled mirages are uncontrolled mirages. To battle!

Fight starts. Enemies: Touma, Cain, Child!Tiki, Spring!Chrom. Goal: Rout

Touma: What?! Since when was I outmatched?!

Spring!Chrom: Since they concentrated more than you did. Focus next time.

Touma: Like 'focus' got you anywhere.

Spring!Chrom: …

Child!Tiki: Hang on. It looks like they retreat whenever they beat us. Maybe we can reason with them?

Cain: I'm sure Kiria could stand a better chance in that category.

Touma: But for now, I'm calling it quits.

Cain: Agreed.

13-4: Binding contract

Anna: Didn't they say they were going to reason with us? Come on, there may be hope for your world yet. Huh? What was that? That place isn't your world? It fit your description...

Alphonse: Let's not dwell on that. It's a world, and it needs saving.

Sharena: We can agree on that. Let's go!

(The party enters the idolasphere...)

Kiria: Hello. I was expecting you. I would like to know two things: who are you, and what do you want.

Alphonse: We are the order of heroes, a group trying to save worlds like yours from harm by opening portals between them. Our order started with the great hero Shigure, and is currently led by (name).

Child!Tiki: …

Tharja: ...

Kiria: Why have you two gone quie- Oh. Please forgive our grave indiscretions against you. I know I am overstepping my boundaries by saying this, but may I request your help in our battle against the mirages?

Sharena: Sure! That is what we came here for.

Bruno: I don't think so!

Kiria: Who dares?

Tharja: I can feel so much dark power eminating from him. Swoon~

Bruno: Allow me to take you under my wing. You are nearing your end anyway.

Kiria: Wha- agh! Contract... Kill invaders. Emblia will rule all. They are the only defense against Medius.

Bruno: Excellent. Now slaughter these worthless maggots!

Battle begins. Enemies: Bruno, Kiria, Tharja, cleric.

Kiria: I'm so sorry... To think such powerful... Monsters are against you. At least I lost this time.

Bruno: And so I fall again. I now ask, why must you have mercy?

Kiria: Well, such mercy has granted them our friendship where we would otherwise be fighting to the death.

Bruno: … Very well. I suppose I have no choice but to accept your methods for now. However, I cannot guarantee that what happened to Kiria will not happen to me again in future.

Anna: Again?

Bruno: Work it out yourself. For now, I am too dangerous to be by your side.

Kiria: Also, I would like to show you our world. Think of it as a token of gratitude, being able to see what you are saving.

Sharena: Oh, cool!

(The background changes to an image of Tokyo)

Kiria: And here is our world.

(name): (My friends! Everyone's missing.)

Kiria: Huh? You seem worried. Is it to do with the mirages by your side? In that case, you have nothing to fear. They are just invisible here, that's all. If you come over to the bloom palace, you should be able to see your friends again.

(The background changes to the bloom palace)

Alphonse: Phew. I was scared there.

Sharena: Yeah, we just passed straight through people!

Caeda: Don't worry, we got used to it.

Cain: If by 'getting used to it' you mean running your lance through everything and laughing like a madwoman, yes.

Caeda: They didn't need to know that!

Kiria: AHEM. You may rest here between your battles. Unfortunately, we cannot join you, as we are too busy fighting off the mirage invasion, but know that we are on your side.

Child!Tiki: I'm sure you'll do great out there in the outrealms!

Ikutski: Outrealms? Did you remember something, Tiki?

Child!Tiki: Uhh, I think so?

Cain: Well, a name isn't much to go on, so we shouldn't get our hopes up just yet.

('Bloom palace' castle interior redesign unlocked.)

13-5 Mirage mastery.

Chrom: Ah, perfect timing. We are facing a pretty tough group of mirages. I just hope we can prevent them from taking the idolasphere.

Child!Tiki: Maybe it will help against that 'Medius' you were talking about!

Ikutski: I can only hope so.

Battle start: Enemies: 2x red mage, bow cavalier, axe fighter. Goal: defend for 10 turns.

Allies (green units): Ikutski, Tsubasa, Touma, Kiria

Enemy reinforcements: Turn 2: Axe flier, lance flier, troubadour; Turn 3: Green mage, Cleric; Turn 4: Sword fighter, blue mage x2; Turn 5: Abel, thief x2; Turn 6: lance knight, sword knight; Turn 7: Lon'Qu, thief, blue cavalier, green caviler; Turn 8: lance flier x2; Turns 9-10: None.

The enemies will be significantly lower-levelled than the party from turns 1-4, then turns 5-8 turn up the wick. The ally units will be as strong as the late-game enemies, and have arena AI (ie aggressive af). Healing skills may be used between the two allied parties.

???: Let me help too!

Lance fighter: Agh!

???: Phew, they were getting tougher there.

Tsubasa: You can say that again. Hang on, where are you? Hello?

???: I must take my leave now. If you must know, the name's Zacharias.

Alphonse: Zacharias?! You're alive?

???: I don't know if that is true or not.

Sharena: So you weren't killed by Bruno after all!

Anna: Bruno probably just said that to make sure we didn't perform the rite of shadows.

Alphonse: True. Why did we fall for that again?

Sharena: Anyway, it's so good to have you back, Zacharias. Uhh, Zacharias?

Anna: He's gone.

Ikutski: I'm sorry that we can't help you. Combat is all I'm good for...

Tsubasa: You know that's not true! Anyway, we'll fight the mirages like we always have, and maybe beat this 'Medius' of yours while we're at it.

Touma: Thanks for all the help. We promise to keep up our end!

Anna: Well, I think that ended well, all things considered. Unfortunately, Veronica has closed the gate on us from the world of shadows, so that plan is still out.

Sharena: Maybe we should go to the world of Gaidens, haha!

Alphonse: Besides, Zacharias didn't seem like he wanted to talk. I think we should return to Askr for now, considering that the people of this world seem capable.

Sharena: All right. And now we know that Zacharias is alive and that this third summoner is on the loose, I think we made some good progress. Isn't that right, (name)?

So, there you go. If anyone reading this works at Int Sys, please DO feel free to steal my ideas.

Edited by The_antithesis

On 5/20/2017 at 4:06 AM, The_antithesis said:

When reading this, A saw the perfect excuse for some character ideas:

Aoi Ikutski: Mirage master

Hide contents

Movement: Infantry; Weapon: blue tome; Description: “A young hero with large amounts of performa attempting to piece together the mysteries of the idolasphere. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE”

Skill list:

Weapons: 1*: Thunder; 3*: Elthunder; 4*: Lightning (Mt 7, accelerates special cooldown); 5* Lightning+ (Mt 10, accelerates special cooldown)

Suppourt: 4*: Rally spectrum (gives +1 to attack, speed, defense and resistance of targeted unit)

Special: 2*: Night sky; 4*: Astra; 5*: Hassou Tobi (deal 300% more damage. Cooldown: 5)

A: 3*: Spare sword 1 (If unit is attacked at range 1, unit may counter with an iron sword); Spare sword 2 (' ' with a steel sword); spare sword 3 (' ' with a silver sword) NOTE: swords are still red here, so if he is attacked by a red/blue unit, he will take extra damage from having this skill.

B: None

C: 4*: Spur defence 1; 5*: spur defence 2

Max stats at 5* LV40: 44 HP, 43 ATK, 35 SPD, 27 DEF, 30 RES

Overall: I can see Ikutski being a good counter to a large portion of the cast (even if he does get murdered by Nino) with fewer weaknesses than other units similar to him.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Where am I now? This doesn't look like the idolasphere. Well, it appears I am bound to your side, so I guess I'll help.

Growth (0-1): “I'll have to try harder than that to beat back those mirages.”

Growth (2-3): “Not bad, not brilliant. I shall continue down this path.”

Growth (4-5): “Ha ha! That was great!”

Growth (skill): “I now have a new way of defending myself. Thank you.”

Low HP: “This hurts!”

Beaten: “That wasn't on the script...”

Tapped: “Ready.” “Where am I needed?” “Who falls next?”

Crit: “Performing live, right here!” “I'll ad-lib this bit.” “I mustn't lose, not here!”

Castle: “Thank you for checking up on everyone, we all appreciate it.”; “Ah, hello. Do you need any help with your patrol, (name)?”; “Um, the girls are staring at me. I've got to admit, I'm a bit creeped out.”; “I miss having modern foods and transport. Do you wish you could bring a bit of your home to here, (name)?”; “Being a part of a legend is so cool! If only it would happen a bit quicker...”

Greeting: “Ah, are you (name)? I've just got a few feathers to unload from (guest's name).”

Skinship: “Haha, that tickles.”; “Stop poking me!”; “I wonder how my friends are doing.”; “This place seems very... Archaic.”

5* LV40 confession: “Although I spent this whole time missing life back home, I've grown to like this place. There are so many charming people, and everyone here is so friendly. Well, everyone except the enemies. In fact, I feel as though I have unlocked powers beyond what I could have achieved without the order of heroes, and I feel like I could take down anyone! So, I'll be sure to keep at my best, and you keep being at yours. Shall this continue until we are no longer needed.”

Tsubasa Oribe: Flying idol

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: flier; Weapon: green tome; Description: “A teenage idol who has just started her career in singing at fortuna offices. Found in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Gronnwolf; 5*: Gronnwolf+

Support: 3*: Dia (restores 4HP to an ally); 4*: Diarama (restores 7HP to an ally); 5*: Mediarama (restores 7HP to self and all adjacent allies)

Special: 4*: 2*: weapon press (increases damage by 30% of enemy attack); 4*: rend heaven (increase damage by 50% of enemy attack)

A: 3*: Dual strike (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack for 30% damage); 5*: Session (when dealing extra damage, all adjacent allies get a free attack at 50% damage) Note: 'extra damage' can come from the weapons triangle, all offensive skills (excluding daylight and sol), and effective weapons. It cannot come from doubling (from speed or brave weapons) stat buffs or blade tomes.

B: 2*: Desparation 1; 3*: Desparation 2; 4*: Desparation 3; 5*: Brave fear (follow attacks ALWAYS occur first)

C: None

Max stats at 5* LV40: 37 HP, 38 ATK, 39 SPD, 21 DEF, 25 RES.

Overall: Tsubasa is more valuable for her skills than her stats. Although the session bonus and rend heaven combined can kill anything under the sun with ease, her pathetic defence and resistance will let her down a lot.

Quotes:

Summoned: “Oh, this is so cool! So, where are the legendary heroes you were talking about?”

Growth (0-1): “I'm still useless...”

Growth (2-3): “Average?! I am not average!”

Growth (4-5): “YES! I'm one step closer to being a mega-idol”

Growth (skill): “I don't just have physical strength to fall back on. Go me!”

Low HP: “I'm not out yet!”

Beaten: “I can't go on.”

Tapped: “Next move?” “A-are you sure?” “To the front!”

Crit: “Ahhhh!” “Time for an encore!” “La la la laaaa!” “Call THIS 'cute'!”

Castle: “Is there a stage anywhere for me? I'd like to sing sometime.”; “Flying is the best! I should probably start giving people joyrides.”; “This world is so much more peaceful than our Earth... Well, I'm not wrong, am I?”; “Does this world seriously not have idols?! How do people not get bored to death?”; “Thanks for checking up on me. It's more than I deserve.”; “When is my next battle? I should prepare myself properly for it!”; (Another flier in the castle) “We should do a dual routine of flying. It'll be a great performance, right?”

Guest: “Hi, (name)! Another kingdom, more new faces. Can I stay for a few minutes?”

Skinship: “Wah! Oh, it's just you.”; “Hahaha...”; “I've just composed a new song. Want to hear it?”; “Hi there. I'm feeling great today. You?”

5* LV40 confession: “I feel like I'm on top of the world! This place is like a theme park, and you're the main attraction! Oh, uh, no pun intended. Anyway, I can feel so useful here, where I'm not a damsel in distress or just a plain old weakling. So, thank you so much for all the opportunities you have given me here, (name). So, thank you for everything, and I hope I can continue providing support on my end.”

Touma Akagi: cycling flame

Reveal hidden contents

Movement: cavalry; Weapon: blue lance; Description: “A hot-headed (and hot-speared) friend of Aoi. His playful nature brings laughter to those around him. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: iron lance; 2*: Steel lance; 4*: Killer lance; 5*: Firetipped lance (Mt 9, accelerates special cooldown, damage reduced by lower of enemy def and res, cannot be inherited.)

Support: Smite

Special: 3*: Ignition (increases damage by 50% of unit's speed, cooldown 4); 4*: Fireball (increases damage by 80% of unit's speed, cooldown 4)

A: 4*: Distant counter

B: 3*: Quicksotic (def/res -2, accelerates special cooldown); 4* Wrath (def/res -4, accelerates special cooldown twice)

C: 2*: Heated rage 1 (when HP<=25% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 5 damage); 3*: Heated rage 2 (When HP<=50% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage); 5*: Heated rage 3 (When HP <= 75% at start of turn, all adjacent enemies take 7 damage)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with wrath): 47 HP, 40 ATK, 38 SPD, 23 DEF, 24 RES.

Overall: With high speed (so he can double attack) and a special cooldown of (effectively) 1, he will be able to activate fireball on EVERY attack! The same can't be said for his ability to tank, though...

Quotes: I'll probably just butcher them for Touma, as he is my least favourite character from TMS (followed by Tsubasa)

Kiria Kurono: supernatural singer

Hide contents

Movement: infantry, Weapon: green tome, Description: “A serious, calm performer who leads Fortuna offices alongside Maiko. Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.”

Skill list:

Weapon: 1*: Wind; 3*: Elwind; 4*: Arcwind; 5*: Music blast (Mt 14, can counter regarless of range. Cannot be inherited.)

Support: 2*: Sing

Special: 3*: Chilling wind; 4* Glacies.

A: 3*: Defiant guard 1 (def/res+2 when HP>=50%); 4*: Defiant guard 2 (def/res+3 when HP>=50%); 5*: Defiant guard 3 (def/res +4 when HP>=50%)

B: 3* Quick riposte 1; 5*: Quick riposte 2

C: 4*: Dual concert (Unit may use sing skills on other singers/dancers)

Max stats at 5* LV40 (with defiant guard 3): 43 HP; 42 ATK; 28 SPD; 34 DEF; 37 RES

Overall: A more defensive Nino for taking and dealing lots of damage. If a team has two Kirias, the 'bard train' is possible, which would be VERY useful for positioning.

Quotes:

Summoned: “What is this place? Is it another idolasphere? Well, I think you would make a siutable guide.”

Growth (0-1): “How unimpressive.”

Growth (2-3): “Satisfactory, but I must strive for better.”

Growth (4-5): “Ah, this is significantly better than anticipated.”

Growth (skill): “Wonderful! I shall put this power to use as soon as possible”

Low HP: “This is pressuring...”

Beaten: “I must exit.”

Tapped: “Continue.”; “Direct me.”; “Time to move.”

Crit: “Amatuerish.”; “I'll show you talent!”; “By the power of song...”

Castle: “Hello. I am glad to see you are being a responsible leader.”; “Good (time of day, using the phone's clock). Is there anything I can help you with”; “Is there anywhere here that's siutable for music practice? I don't want to get rusty.”; “May I help with your patrol?”; “I wonder how Ikutski is doing... Is he OK?”

Guest: “Hello. I have been sent by (guest name) to deliver my greetings. Was my summoner sure this pitiful handful of feathers would be enough of a present?!”

Skinship: “What do you need of me?”; “You remind me of Ikutski-kun. He is admirable, like you.”; “This palace is a beautiful place. May I take a walk around?”; “Will any world ever find peace?”

5* LV40 confession: "I appear to have grown stronger under your influence. Thank you for providing me with so many great opportunities. I promise to help both myself and others with your great gifts toward me. You have my undying gratitude for your magnificent influence.

Now, to add characters, we'll need a story chapter, so let's go! WARNING: This is pretty long as I'm going to make this add to the plot at large.

Hide contents

Chapter 13: The idolasphere

13-1: Arrival in the Earth?

Anna: You know how you mentioned your world containing self-powered carriages and buildings that extended up for hundreds of rooms. Well, I think I may have found a place like that.

Sharena: No! Anna, you can't do that! We need (name) here!

Anna: Aww, are you in love? (name) and Sharena, sitting in a tree...

Alphonse: Can you two cut it out, please? We do need (name)'s competence guiding us along, but I think (name) deserves the pleasure of visiting their homeland.

Sharena: 'Pleasure'? Ooh, maybe YOU'RE the one in love. Alphonse and (name), sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Alphonse: Sharena! Stop that now! You're embarassing all three of us!

Anna: Four.

(Whoever is in the lead of your current team): I think it's all (the total number of heroes in your barracks) of us.

Sharena: Sheesh, it was Anna that started it.

Anna: Anyway, the outrealm we were looking at. Um, how do I put this...? It's under attack and could get destroyed.

Alphonse: Emblians?

Anna: No, actually. It appears there is a third summoner, much like (name) and Bruno. He or she has used their power to destroy outrealms one by one using the fell dragons, such as Medius. The only hero ever to stop Medius is Marth himself, and even then, only if that version of him is lucky. All other kingdoms have fallen to the dragon's might. The other fell dragons are just as powerful as Medius. Oh, and the worst part? Every time the dragon falls, it just gets back up like nothing happened! Much like your ability to revive those fallen after a battle is finished.

Alphonse: A-are you sure we can take on something like that?! I know we need to defend our summoner's heritage, but that sounds insane.

Sharena: Well, there's only one way to find out, and that's by opening the gate. What could possibly go wrong?

Anna: I am not going to dignify that with a response.

(The party moves into the idolasphere...)

Ikutski: Ack! Mirages in our midst! I should not have come here alone.

Chrom: I will admit, that was a bad move on your part. Anyway, let us move in. Any EXP is good EXP.

Anna: Everyone, be on guard. We've been ambushed!

Sharena: Maybe if you learned from (name) and your tactics weren't so awful...

Anna: Maybe it you stopped distracting us...

Alphose: Everyone, weapons at the ready. (At least one of us is paying attention.)

Anna: What was that second part?

Alphonse: I'll tell you after the battle. GO!

The battle begins. Enemies: Ikutski, Chrom, Child!Tiki, Draug. Goal: defeat Ikutski.

Ikutski: I guess I wasn't strong enough. Is this where it ends?

Chrom: Don't give up hope yet. It appears they are giving us a cue to escape.

Tiki: I've made an escape route, go!

(The background changes to Askr)

Anna: Phew! I did not expect that. It looks like we are being mistaken for the real threat.

Sharena: How ungrateful! We came to help out and they attack us?! Well, we still need to clear out those 'mirage' things. After all, saving your world comes above all else, after all you have done for us.

Alphonse: That we can agree on. Let us continue until we can save these people.

13-2: High-flying idol

Anna: Alright, let's see if we can fight actual enemies this time.

Tsubasa: Aah! Mirages! Carnage form, Caeda!

Anna: Ugh, really? It's almost as if they're trying to pad this out so we end up in 5 battles.

Alphonse: Anyway, to the field!

The battle begins. Enemies: Tsubasa, Caeda, Virion, Navarre. Goal: rout

Tsubasa: Oww... Now I can see how they managed to defeat Ikutski.

Caeda: Let's abscond while they're distracted and regroup.

Virion: 'Tis a good job my master was not here to witness such a humiliating defeat.

Navarre: Way to rub salt in the wound. Now my sword's hunger for their blood is ever greater.

Anna: Phew, we managed to deal with them, somehow.

Alphonse: I fear we may have been placed on the heroes' bad side.

Sharena: Lighten up a bit! If we can take on the good guys, we should be able to trounce the villains!

Anna: It doesn't always happen that way. The Judgral wars are a cruel reminder of this fact.

13-3: Flaming cavilier

Sharena: Third time's the charm, right?

Aphonse: You should know it doesn't work like that, right?

Touma: Hopefully it WILL work for me, though. For now, you shall be defeated!

Cain: Exactly. No mirage shall cross the mirage masters' path and see the end of it! I will avenge Ikutski's dignity!

Tiki: Yeah! Go for it, Cain.

Spring!Chrom: If you're wondering how much of his dignity Ikutski lost that day, look at me...

Sharena: N-no, you have the wrong idea! We're not the villains. Ugh, why does reason never work?

Alphonse: I do not know the answer to that. I fear this cruel violence may be a part of human nature, a disease with no cure.

Cain: Pfft. 'Disease', 'cure'?! Uncontrolled mirages are uncontrolled mirages. To battle!

Fight starts. Enemies: Touma, Cain, Child!Tiki, Spring!Chrom. Goal: Rout

Touma: What?! Since when was I outmatched?!

Spring!Chrom: Since they concentrated more than you did. Focus next time.

Touma: Like 'focus' got you anywhere.

Spring!Chrom: …

Child!Tiki: Hang on. It looks like they retreat whenever they beat us. Maybe we can reason with them?

Cain: I'm sure Kiria could stand a better chance in that category.

Touma: But for now, I'm calling it quits.

Cain: Agreed.

13-4: Binding contract

Anna: Didn't they say they were going to reason with us? Come on, there may be hope for your world yet. Huh? What was that? That place isn't your world? It fit your description...

Alphonse: Let's not dwell on that. It's a world, and it needs saving.

Sharena: We can agree on that. Let's go!

(The party enters the idolasphere...)

Kiria: Hello. I was expecting you. I would like to know two things: who are you, and what do you want.

Alphonse: We are the order of heroes, a group trying to save worlds like yours from harm by opening portals between them. Our order started with the great hero Shigure, and is currently led by (name).

Child!Tiki: …

Tharja: ...

Kiria: Why have you two gone quie- Oh. Please forgive our grave indiscretions against you. I know I am overstepping my boundaries by saying this, but may I request your help in our battle against the mirages?

Sharena: Sure! That is what we came here for.

Bruno: I don't think so!

Kiria: Who dares?

Tharja: I can feel so much dark power eminating from him. Swoon~

Bruno: Allow me to take you under my wing. You are nearing your end anyway.

Kiria: Wha- agh! Contract... Kill invaders. Emblia will rule all. They are the only defense against Medius.

Bruno: Excellent. Now slaughter these worthless maggots!

Battle begins. Enemies: Bruno, Kiria, Tharja, cleric.

Kiria: I'm so sorry... To think such powerful... Monsters are against you. At least I lost this time.

Bruno: And so I fall again. I now ask, why must you have mercy?

Kiria: Well, such mercy has granted them our friendship where we would otherwise be fighting to the death.

Bruno: … Very well. I suppose I have no choice but to accept your methods for now. However, I cannot guarantee that what happened to Kiria will not happen to me again in future.

Anna: Again?

Bruno: Work it out yourself. For now, I am too dangerous to be by your side.

Kiria: Also, I would like to show you our world. Think of it as a token of gratitude, being able to see what you are saving.

Sharena: Oh, cool!

(The background changes to an image of Tokyo)

Kiria: And here is our world.

(name): (My friends! Everyone's missing.)

Kiria: Huh? You seem worried. Is it to do with the mirages by your side? In that case, you have nothing to fear. They are just invisible here, that's all. If you come over to the bloom palace, you should be able to see your friends again.

(The background changes to the bloom palace)

Alphonse: Phew. I was scared there.

Sharena: Yeah, we just passed straight through people!

Caeda: Don't worry, we got used to it.

Cain: If by 'getting used to it' you mean running your lance through everything and laughing like a madwoman, yes.

Caeda: They didn't need to know that!

Kiria: AHEM. You may rest here between your battles. Unfortunately, we cannot join you, as we are too busy fighting off the mirage invasion, but know that we are on your side.

Child!Tiki: I'm sure you'll do great out there in the outrealms!

Ikutski: Outrealms? Did you remember something, Tiki?

Child!Tiki: Uhh, I think so?

Cain: Well, a name isn't much to go on, so we shouldn't get our hopes up just yet.

('Bloom palace' castle interior redesign unlocked.)

13-5 Mirage mastery.

Chrom: Ah, perfect timing. We are facing a pretty tough group of mirages. I just hope we can prevent them from taking the idolasphere.

Child!Tiki: Maybe it will help against that 'Medius' you were talking about!

Ikutski: I can only hope so.

Battle start: Enemies: 2x red mage, bow cavalier, axe fighter. Goal: defend for 10 turns.

Allies (green units): Ikutski, Tsubasa, Touma, Kiria

Enemy reinforcements: Turn 2: Axe flier, lance flier, troubadour; Turn 3: Green mage, Cleric; Turn 4: Sword fighter, blue mage x2; Turn 5: Abel, thief x2; Turn 6: lance knight, sword knight; Turn 7: Lon'Qu, thief, blue cavalier, green caviler; Turn 8: lance flier x2; Turns 9-10: None.

The enemies will be significantly lower-levelled than the party from turns 1-4, then turns 5-8 turn up the wick. The ally units will be as strong as the late-game enemies, and have arena AI (ie aggressive af). Healing skills may be used between the two allied parties.

???: Let me help too!

Lance fighter: Agh!

???: Phew, they were getting tougher there.

Tsubasa: You can say that again. Hang on, where are you? Hello?

???: I must take my leave now. If you must know, the name's Zacharias.

Alphonse: Zacharias?! You're alive?

???: I don't know if that is true or not.

Sharena: So you weren't killed by Bruno after all!

Anna: Bruno probably just said that to make sure we didn't perform the rite of shadows.

Alphonse: True. Why did we fall for that again?

Sharena: Anyway, it's so good to have you back, Zacharias. Uhh, Zacharias?

Anna: He's gone.

Ikutski: I'm sorry that we can't help you. Combat is all I'm good for...

Tsubasa: You know that's not true! Anyway, we'll fight the mirages like we always have, and maybe beat this 'Medius' of yours while we're at it.

Touma: Thanks for all the help. We promise to keep up our end!

Anna: Well, I think that ended well, all things considered. Unfortunately, Veronica has closed the gate on us from the world of shadows, so that plan is still out.

Sharena: Maybe we should go to the world of Gaidens, haha!

Alphonse: Besides, Zacharias didn't seem like he wanted to talk. I think we should return to Askr for now, considering that the people of this world seem capable.

Sharena: All right. And now we know that Zacharias is alive and that this third summoner is on the loose, I think we made some good progress. Isn't that right, (name)?

So, there you go. If anyone reading this works at Int Sys, please DO feel free to steal my ideas.

I'm copying this article to send  to IS with my in-game feedback feature. Also, do you mind if I repost this to other site like tumblr so more people would be doing the same as I did? 

On 5/15/2017 at 6:37 AM, L9999 said:

The game was designed for otakus so they could pull it off.

Techinically speaking the gacha genre is for otakus, and Heroes is clearly of gacha genre, so I can't see how it will go wrong since it panders to otakus already. 

I've already sent my feedback regarding TMS content. A Mamori drawn by Amagaitaro would be most welcome.

@DraceEmpressa: Just remember not to go too crazy since Nintendo won't accept "unsolicited" ideas. Just asking for TMS content should be enough. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I'm copying this article to send  to IS with my in-game feedback feature. Also, do you mind if I repost this to other site like tumblr so more people would be doing the same as I did?

I don't mind! If you can get the idea to more people, knock yourself out.

If anything, I'm grateful that my idea is good enough to be spread like this so, thanks. ☺

As for Nintendo's 'unsolicited content' policy, maybe put a link to this thread in your suggestion as a 'framework' to be developed on (ie: it's can idea, rather than actual content), so it is technically acceptable under Nintendo's rules.

Edited by The_antithesis