Dolphin game lag

Hey guys, so I am trying to play Radiant Dawn on Dolphin 4.0 but the lag is off a little. For example, when I click "Start" on the menu screen it takes about .75 seconds for click sound to come. And when I view map during battle preparations in one of the chapters it goes slow. I can tell because I timed it with some youtubers gameplay. It is even worse on 5.0, like 2.0 seconds worse and the sound interface is terrible. Can anyone tell how to fix this problem and set it to where I can play without a lot of lag and where the sound is good. The music in the game is also laggy, but when it is not lagging it still sounds a little mushed. I don't know how to fix this and I really don't want the emulator to ruin my playthrough through Radiant Dawn for the first time,

Dolphin in general is a laggy piece of software when emulating WII games, due to the massive amount of effort required to emulate the wii. Dolphin has a lot of settings (many of which reduce emulation accuracy, but boost speed). Try doing the things on this page and see if they help (I seem to remember on of those things working for me, although I did not manage to fix my slowdown issue, but merely made it tolerable)

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Performance_Guide

I should note that using an older version may help. The emulation is less accurate, and the emulator may have fewer features and more bugs, but the game may be faster. i used dolphin 4.0.2