Parrhesia

What are we doing here?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. The bearer asks: "Bear which burden?"

2. 2. The wanderer asks: "Walk which path?"

3. 3. The builder asks: "Design which plan?"

4. 4. The sage asks: "Swear which oath?"

5. 5. The leader asks: "Share which vision?"

Long ago, there was a time when strength ruled, and evil held the world in its vile clutches... the Age of Zeteginia.

a27b2b61824e05da82763161d4f0029d.png
Welcome to Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis. I'm going to just be quiet for this update and let the game speak for itself for a while.

6346033395e2eface085358a06d82146.png
aed7e4d72e79c11a224694d548f79014.png
41842b44a483402f46b05964845e8cb7.png
26cccf50413fd178abf115203381fde9.png
f6396372fa9bb516272cb0a971f8e302.png
ea558398bf1595871354d11ebe1c419e.png
29ee5a1aeeb9d9893d9c41996335ec30.png
0d96e6a96159e197e404320e9562aaf5.png
e0d46963d51aa75ec7fc9766451ef140.png
cf4dec143d49baa08590c8da30943b61.png
f71ac334bdb629507feead7f6c06763d.png
31e1fbe2440e62a19f7ee98bf7079539.png
df029e85f47564f91767434c82ed9374.png
c57b851da5d875535ff1b08b2e24f5b0.png
It's Ogre Battle. This is series tradition.

8d527004704c72842422353b6d70db88.png
70b98cc9fc83ec6f07c375d578991290.png
ee7aa35591c490e23a7c760aebb0d382.png
Hater.

8c1db1451985aab3c2f3dcb3caf133e6.png
9619a70cb9c3d5819eac80837e9e14f2.png
There's no default in place, but the default is 'Alphonse'.

6b8f52d09c9d7e69d32e03a148b4c148.png
3d38421ecd259f060a1aa3f464b8f24a.png
40c95dda410e39367bb26937520496d1.png
And now this will determine various other things.

5abb1dc86710e2a4285a6091a7de715a.png
3eabdf4ea526368018c6527284142f55.png
efaf37f80186f62e8f3550727658a1a2.png
fde3fdacb059ddb7ea5a8ea4607a33f3.png
9a8e8704447bb27adbb5764769cf9ec7.png
The answers, my friends, are up to you in the poll above. Except that the last one doesn't fit in the poll.

935f5cfe3e4b4a6c268f210ef09e549d.png
As a result; post your answer to this specific one in the thread! Along with another question; do we follow the canonical path, or forge our own way?

What actually is this game tho
Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis is a tactical RPG. It's a good one, but always felt weirdly rough and unfinished to me. Technically it's the last original entry in the Ogre Battle cycle (LUCT is a remake). It's a prequel to LUCT, and ties in in a way that is not entirely apparent. And, yes, I do intend to play LUCT after this.

Is it better than Final Fantasy Tactics?
Yes.

Thread policies?
ABSOLUTELY NO STORY SPOILERS. Aside from that, talk about whatever you want (including gameplay stuff, if you want). There is a lot of room for flexibility so I will be able to listen to thread suggestions.

I have other questions that this garbage FAQ doesn't actually answer
Then ask!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Knights of Lodis! I remember this game, had it at one point. Could never beat it, hahaha, never got the drive to play it past... er, hard to say now what was the farthest I ever reached.

You know, I've been reading your LP's, but never thought of commenting. I think I might start now. They're very entertaining.

22 minutes ago, unique said:

jesus christ slow down there dude

you said "like a week" less than 3 hours ago

Yeah but I'm gonna give it like a week before I start updating so it still counts!

... also I'm maybe a little restless

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Knights of Lodis! I remember this game, had it at one point. Could never beat it, hahaha, never got the drive to play it past... er, hard to say now what was the farthest I ever reached.

You know, I've been reading your LP's, but never thought of commenting. I think I might start now. They're very entertaining.

Thank you!

Ah man, Knight of Lodis was one of the first strategy games I got my hands on. I remember really loving it when I was younger, but nowadays I don't really have much patience for it. It's hardly bad, and it's got a lot of neat ideas of its own, but it just feels sort of lacking in comparison to LUCT imo, not to mention tons of other strategy games that have come out since.

Tbh I barely even remember what this game was about narrativewise (outside of certain spoilery endgame things), so I guess it'd be nice to experience it again without having to test my patience and play it again. As long as this LP doesn't go the way the FFT one did it might be a nice read.

I don't even remember what the quiz really does outside of altering your starting party a bit. Whatever results get you a Wizard early on get my vote.

Okay, placed the votes. As for the last two, it's Glory, and... well, if you're doing LUCT right after, then I'd say Path A (canonical one).

1 minute ago, epilepsyduck said:

As long as this LP doesn't go the way the FFT one did it might be a nice read.

Could you please clarify the shade you're throwing?

Well, given that FFT is garbage and KoL is pretty good if a little rough, I'd imagine it'd be far more positive.

7 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Yeah but I'm gonna give it like a week before I start updating so it still counts!

... also I'm maybe a little restless

alright I look forward to the update tomorrow

Just now, Parrhesia said:

Well, given that FFT is garbage and KoL is pretty good if a little rough, I'd imagine it'd be far more positive.

Fair enough.

By the way, are you planning on doing

Spoiler

the Deneb thing?

8 minutes ago, unique said:

alright I look forward to the update tomorrow

lmao

5 minutes ago, epilepsyduck said:

By the way...

Yeah. I think it's important to showcase things.

Never managed to get into Tactics Ogre because its way too different from Ogre Battle for my tastes, I felt OB was very unique and TO was very generic in comparison gameplay wise that is.

Probably just me being weird though.

Edited by Jedi

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Never managed to get into Tactics Ogre because its way too different from Ogre Battle for my tastes, I felt OB was very unique and TO was very generic in comparison gameplay wise that is.

Probably just me being weird though.

It's not. I was weirded out by how different the game play was as well. I played it still and enjoyed it, but I feel OB > TO. 

I'd say, I've played the other games less than what little I played of TO (only tried Ogre Battle 64). In contrast, KoL was like my very first strategy game.

I prefer Ogre Battle 64 to...

... really, anything?

But the TOs are still entirely solid games. Perhaps unsurprisingly for someone on SF, I'm generally pretty fond of TRPGs, so even though KoL in particular is Pretty Standard.

(March of the Black Queen, the SNES Ogre Battle, is a proof of concept and not really worth playing since OB64 exists.)

and guys don't forget to vote on canonicity and the final... thing, the poll only fits five things so I couldn't put them all in.

Damn bro, you waste no time. ' 3'

It was something of note that when I found out that these games were the progenitor for what would become FFT and still happened to be traditional "turn-based" instead of "speed-based" like I was used to, and that little factoid sort of blew my mind. It's been about 6 years since my last playthrough and I got pretty close to the end. I do intend to see this one through, ayup.

I clocked in my votes and hope that you keep MC's name as Alphonse. Because I'm a canon whore 'n stuff. (on that note canon route or riot)

(get an Angel Knight too or also riot)

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Seeing people appreciate OB64 as the undisputed best in the series warms my heart.

If you're gonna follow this up with LUCT I'd say march grimly towards your destiny and go with the canon route.

Also I guess do "Glory" for the last question thing.

OK, so I vote Change and Force Your Own Path.

Also, as someone who didn't really get into this game after trying it, do you think this game improves as it goes on?

(Also "Young Man Named Rictor" is a pretty funny way to describe someone)

Spoiler

Also, rather than post in the FFT thread. what the crap is with that ending? Did they seriously think "And then they all died" was a good idea? Also, the whole thing with Ajora.....

(1 hour of bitching about a game he didn't even finish Part 1 of later)

Man, FFT really does not hold up, does it? Hopefully this is a better experience.

I finished KoL and and LUCT (SNES Chaos, and PSP Law and Neutral), but never FFT (because of that bullshit boss fight...), but it may not means anything....

On one hand I only did the canonical ending, but it was long ago, and it's pretty important to show anyway. Would you try to do A+ ?

You could still do both.

Gonna see what each choice do before voting, but I'm definitely following this one.

3 hours ago, Augestein said:

It's not. I was weirded out by how different the game play was as well. I played it still and enjoyed it, but I feel OB > TO. 

It's easier to get into, since it's closer to what most of us are used too. I still need to play OB64 at some points though... (I tried SNES OB a while ago and couldn't really get into.). Honnestly, it's not really games I play for the gameplay (though there are some good ideas here and there.), but mostly for the story

FEDA > OB and TO anyway.

9 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Would you try to do A+ ?

You could still do both.

Gonna see what each choice do before voting, but I'm definitely following this one.

We'll see how I'm doing for the time requirement. I'm expecting failure on that front.

I like this game, but not enough to play it twice concurrently.

Please do not try and game the choices.