SoV English Cutscenes

Was that from on those review copies or did someone data mined the entire game like the Japanese version did? I'm surprised that they managed to get the entire cutscenes from the English version.

12 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Was that from on those review copies or did someone data mined the entire game like the Japanese version did? I'm surprised that they managed to get the entire cutscenes from the English version.

It was most likely a review copy, since those have been given out. Either that, or he pre-loaded Echoes (you can do that now) and bypassed the lock that prevents you from playing the game before the release date.

There is one thing that I dislike, the pronunciation Falchion. My whole life has been a lie. I always said Fal-she-on, but it is apparently Fal-chin.

Other than that, I loved the voice acting, it was amazing. I especially love Mila's voice.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

There is one thing that I dislike, the pronunciation Falchion. My whole life has been a life. I always said Fal-she-on, but it is apparently Fal-chin.

Other than that, I loved the voice acting, it was amazing. I especially love Mila's voice.

I agree. Mila's voice is great. I also love Rudolf's voice. Sojiro's voice fits him so well!

21 minutes ago, Azz said:

There is one thing that I dislike, the pronunciation Falchion. My whole life has been a life. I always said Fal-she-on, but it is apparently Fal-chin.

Same, except for me, i would sometimes also say it as "Fal-chi-on."

Also, you might want to fix that typo that i bolded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, voice acting in this game great. I love it. I don't even care that the cutscene animations aren't as fluid as Awakening and Fates' cutscenes, because the voice acting here more than makes up for it. The reunion of Alm and Celica cutscene is amazing.

Game comes out this Friday. It's gonna be a long week, made even longer for me because i have school.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same, except for me, i would sometimes also say it as "Fal-chi-on."

Also, you might want to fix that typo that i bolded.

Whoops thanks XD.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

There is one thing that I dislike, the pronunciation Falchion. My whole life has been a lie. I always said Fal-she-on, but it is apparently Fal-chin.

Eh, I've always pronounced it Fal-ki-on, even though Awakening was my first game in the series and I'm pretty sure they pronounce the name there at least once.

Good voice acting all around. I'm also especially impressed by Mila's voice. In the Memory thread, I think I liked Jesse's voice the best. Berkut's voice surprised me, as it was much deeper than his Japanese counterpart's; usually I feel like the Japanese tend to be bigger on having some characters have deep voices to the point where it almost becomes a bit comical, like Xander (even though I like it).

Edited by Thane

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Eh, I've always pronounced it Fal-ki-on, even though Awakening was my first game in the series and I'm pretty sure they pronounce the name there at least once.

Good voice acting all around. I'm also especially impressed by Mila's voice. In the Memory thread, I think I liked Jesse's voice the best.

I pronounced it the same way, but I don't think any of Awakening's cutscenes or voice lines pronounce it. It seems Shadows of Valentia is truly the first game with an official pronunciation for it.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised I had it wrong, I always thought Zebes rhymed with Thebes, but it turned out to be "Zeh-bes".

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I always pronounced it as Fal-key-on, so this is strange to hear.

7 hours ago, Azz said:

Well, they're consistent at least. They pronounce it the same way in Heroes.