Wedding Banner Speculation

39 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Why are people so nervous over a seasonal art banner?

Because we don't want Groom Lucina :(:. We tell her no more Lucinas but she just screams "I say when it ends!"

Given the track record of good artwork, and how people seem to like this marriage theme more than the Easter theme, I think more people will be okay with the results, regardless of which lucky characters get chosen to dress up. Well, I can't speak for everybody, but I am anxious about not having the orbs to get one of the missable characters. It's hard enough trying to make a dent in the sea of 5 star exclusives, but seasonal characters is a whole new level.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say people are nervous because they're afraid of their disliked/hated pairings being used. Depending on what's done, it could reasonably feel like a big fuck you to certain pairings and their fans. Like doing Chrom and female Robin/Sumia or Lucina and male Robin would kind of be giving the middle finger to those who married their Robins/Sumia to other characters, since Awakening is a game that's supposed to not have ANY 100% canon pairings.

I certainly don't want to see anymore Chrom/female Robin especially because I hated it and the fans definitely don't help my opinion of it.

The same applies to Fates and pairings like male Corrin/Azura and female Corrin/Silas (I feel this one is the most pushed for female Corrin). This is coming from a fan of the latter here, and even though I adore female Corrin/Silas, I wouldn't want to make people who paired her with someone else upset/disappointed/given the "middle finger" whatever you want to call it.

Edited by Anacybele

51 minutes ago, r_n said:

Because having any stupid fun with this series is apparently a train to ruined forever judging by the reaction to the spring banner

I forget, was spring festival the "new" banner that replaced the previous one, or did it start concurrently? I have about 56 orbs and I'm debating saving them for this or not. Really want the celica mages but mannnn what if the wedding guys are really swank or have a flying mage.

Save them your wifu might be in the banner or husbandos is in it.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Because having any stupid fun with this series is apparently a train to ruined forever judging by the reaction to the spring banner

I forget, was spring festival the "new" banner that replaced the previous one, or did it start concurrently? I have about 56 orbs and I'm debating saving them for this or not. Really want the celica mages but mannnn what if the wedding guys are really swank or have a flying mage.

It was new, I believe.

The next banner should be coming in 8 days. And only two banners have been found in the data, wedding and "triangle" banner. (Triangle banner seems likely to be a cocurrent one, like Hero Fest)

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

What justification two people need to marry?

I kind of doubt that they will actually be getting married though. It just doesn't seem as probably given the need to keep people happy. Besides, the bride class never seemed to be actually associated with getting married since Eirika never even mentioned it.

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

So we are getting Wedding banner  with Bride and possibly Groom class,  which will likely have absolutely nothing to do with marriage?

Sound legit.

I'm saying it could cause problems and it never came up before. No need to get an attitude.

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm saying it could cause problems and it never came up before. No need to get an attitude.

I wasn't really sarcastic, just jokingly ironic. There wasn't any I'll will (yet). Anyway there shouldn't be any troubles as long as IS stick with canon pairings only. 

Hell, even semi-canons like Eliwood x Ninian would be alright with most people.

Also what never came up before? Marriage? I am pretty it's common practice in all FE worlds. 

Edited by Tenzen12

56 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

i might be more excited for the excuse plot than the units themselves, whatever troll logic Veronica is using to have 4 random brides fight us should be good.

well she threw a bunch of siblings at us as a way of lashing out about being lonely and we know her father was terrible so i'm guessing excessive parent issues. Alternatively, find Bruno a bride.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

i might be more excited for the excuse plot than the units themselves, whatever troll logic Veronica is using to have 4 random brides fight us should be good.

Haha I didn't even think of this. That should be really fun. 

For me, I'm worried because it keeps getting referred to as the Bride Banner, so I half expect another banner with lots of females, when I'm really only interested in mostly male characters with a few females here and there. I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to not include grooms, but they're proven they don't mind doing an uneven ratio, so now I'm just hoping they do go back to even stevens, at least for their seasonal banners. I won't be assured until I see the units, though. 

If it is all female, there's no way I'm pulling. 

...Unless they randomly include Nailah. Then I'm going to grumble and pull anyway -.- 

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I wasn't really sarcastic, just jokingly ironic. There wasn't any I'll will (yet). Anyway there shouldn't be any troubles as long as IS stick with canon pairings only. 

Hell, even semi-canons like Eliwood x Ninian would be alright with most people.

Also what never came up before? Marriage? I am pretty it's common practice in all FE worlds. 

Canon pairings are fine, but I'm afraid they'll do something stupid. Any non-canon pairing is going to make some group upset which just isn't too bright.

As for marriage, they may or may not. Maybe they're attending a wedding and not actually the brides/grooms themselves and are just dressed like them since, unless they are pairing them, I'm just not sure they'd marry them off.

In any case, here's hoping it's full of characters I don't care about.

You know... It'd be really cool to have a wedding banner with the Askr trio. I kind of doubt that'll happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sharena and Alfonse all dolled up for a hero's wedding. Likewise, we could have a paralogue/xenologue about Veronica supposedly crashing said wedding. Imagine: Sharena drags Alfonse to Marth and Caeda's wedding only for Veronica to show up and try to ruin things because she wants to have fun too. And no one ever invites her to these things.

I feel like the gimmick would be cute but not too crackish like the Easter banner. I mean...we'd probably still have someone smashing in someone's face with a giant strawberry, but there's no getting around that apparently.

9 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Why are people so nervous over a seasonal art banner?

Isn’t good art what many people play this game for?

That’s certainly one of the reasons for me.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Isn’t good art what many people play this game for?

That’s certainly one of the reasons for me.

Well yes, but what is there to be nervous about?

From what I saw from the posts, it's like the art is going to kill ships or something.

To those still considering the Sanaki/Julia potential... don't. Sanaki's way too risky for a bride banner: she's 13 in Radiant Dawn. 10 in Path of Radiance. For reference, even medieval history required the bride be 12.

As for the rest of it... eh, I'll reserve judgement for what the dresses look like. And the quality of mages we get out of it. And potential unique skills.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well yes, but what is there to be nervous about?

From what I saw from the posts, it's like the art is going to kill ships or something.

I think it's the character selection that has more people concerned than the art.

5 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Bride Oboro
Groom Draug

OboroxDraug when

Hm

I like that. I actually like that a lot XD

Its unfort that they probably won't do that since they both aren't as popular as some of the other characters in the game.