Wedding Banner Speculation

I would guess this would have to do with the Choose Your Legends contest.

After all, it was pretty much a popularity contest / waifu war. If they had people vote for the most popular characters, having their unique outfits be wedding attire would make sense.

So by that logic, it would be Lyn, Lucina, Ike, and Roy.

BUT - Lucina had an alternate version in the spring banner. Which was probably decided upon long before the voting contest - the 4 heroes on that banner were the 4 in the game's intro.

Having Lucina be on two alternate outfit banners in a row would be too much... and then there's the Masked Lucina we saw.

So maybe Eirika would be the other bride? Because of the bride class in Awakening.

Maybe they would do 2 units from the CYL contest, and 2 units of the devs choice for this banner?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I would guess this would have to do with the Choose Your Legends contest.

After all, it was pretty much a popularity contest / waifu war. If they had people vote for the most popular characters, having their unique outfits be wedding attire would make sense.

So by that logic, it would be Lyn, Lucina, Ike, and Roy.

I doubt they would release these four right before summer and then their CYL versions after summer.  That would be 2 alts in a month when no one has more than 2 costumes right now. 

I have a gut feeling they won't do Ike since he came out so recently. And I dunno, he just doesn't strike me as fitting with this theme. Lyn and Eirika seems like good choices, since Lyn both popular and hasn't had anything special for her at all since the very first banners.(was she maybe on 1 more since? I forget) And Eirika was in that bride class dlc for Awakening, so that makes some sense. If I weren't expecting Lucina to probably be on the swimsuit banner I'd probably expect her too. But I think they might save her since Lucina 3 special banners in a row might be seen as too much, and swimsuits > wedding dresses for printing money. I know some don't think they'll use the same characters that often, and that might be right, but ones like Lucina and Camilla will just rake in orbs sales so I still expect to see alternates of them pretty often.

Edited by Alkaid

10 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I have a gut feeling they won't do Ike since he came out so recently. And I dunno, he just doesn't strike me as fitting with this theme. Lyn and Eirika seems like good choices, since Lyn both popular and hasn't had anything special for her at all since the very first banners.(was she maybe on 1 more since? I forget) And Eirika was in that bride class dlc for Awakening, so that makes some sense. If I weren't expecting Lucina to probably be on the swimsuit banner I'd probably expect her too. But I think they might save her since Lucina 3 special banners in a row might be seen as too much, and swimsuits > wedding dresses for printing money. I know some don't think they'll use the same characters that often, and that might be right, but ones like Lucina and Camilla will just rake in orbs sales so I still expect to see alternates of them pretty often.

Is there any evidence to a swimsuit banner?  I feel like if the marriage theme is IS's summer banner and spring festivals are their spring banner, they can't do a swimsuit banner without making alts all the time.

7 hours ago, Lushen said:

Is there any evidence to a swimsuit banner?  I feel like if the marriage theme is IS's summer banner and spring festivals are their spring banner, they can't do a swimsuit banner without making alts all the time.

Just like everyone else that's expecting one, the evidence is going by other gacha games' summer specials and it would seem much more unlikely for us to NOT get one that the opposite. Same reason I'm sure everyone would expect something for Halloween. Even the wedding banner is still partly speculation, since the stuff in the files could be for something else rather than an actual wedding banner, too. But again the practices of other gacha having wedding banners around this time of year is something people are sourcing for it.

And I don't think making alts too often is a reason to think they won't do a swimsuit banner too, since let's be real, swimsuit waifus/husbandos will push orb sales en-mass and they surely know this.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Just like everyone else that's expecting one, the evidence is going by other gacha games' summer specials and it would seem much more unlikely for us to NOT get one that the opposite. Same reason I'm sure everyone would expect something for Halloween. Even the wedding banner is still partly speculation, since the stuff in the files could be for something else rather than an actual wedding banner, too. But again the practices of other gacha having wedding banners around this time of year is something people are sourcing for it.

i'm pretty sure it said in the files that there would be a wedding banner in the same place where it said there would be a weapon triangle one

so it definitely is a wedding banner and since the weapon triangle one already happened, it'll most likely be the next one 

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

There is no to much in gatcha games. Hell Lucina is the saber of fire emblem. Saber from fate franchise has A LOT of incarnations of herself in Fate Grand order. So I can see Lucina having alot of incarnations of herself too.

11 hours ago, Lushen said:

I think they could easily do a swimsuit/summer festival banner in addition to the wedding banner.  Have the wedding banner in June and then the swimsuit/summer festival banner in August.  I know FGO had its swimsuit event in August.

Official twitter just tweeted a pic of two silhouettes.

DAuKp5cUQAAOLbW.jpg

I'm pretty sure the one on the left is Lyn, but the one on the right is a bit of a mystery. There's a large veil covering most of her hair, but on the left you can see a small bit of hair poking out. Either way, I also think the one on the right is holding either a spoon or just a staff.

15 minutes ago, JHufself said:

Official twitter just tweeted a pic of two silhouettes.

DAuKp5cUQAAOLbW.jpg

I'm pretty sure the one on the left is Lyn, but the one on the right is a bit of a mystery. There's a large veil covering most of her hair, but on the left you can see a small bit of hair poking out. Either way, I also think the one on the right is holding either a spoon or just a staff.

Left could very easily be Olivia, Fir, or Adult Tiki as well. I wouldn't call Lyn a lock just because of the ponytail. Other characters have that or something similar.

I don't know how to feel about potential Bride Lyn...part of me isn't mad about it, the other part is eh about it.  Regardless, can't wait to see who gets all dressed up.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the right silhouette is possibly Elise.  I blame the bow on the head.

Clearly looks like Lyn on the left. The right one looks like that might be just the outline of the veil rather than hair, but going by the bow and what looks like a staff it might be Elise.

Edit: Just noticed how yeah it might be a spoon. Honestly, it might be Eirika now that I think about it. If it is that makes my guess earlier 2 for 2!

Edited by Alkaid

The probability of the left being Lyn is pretty high. As much as there is a fair number of characters with a ponytail, few have one quite as long as that.

Whoever's on the right has extremely long hair, as I assume the pointy thing poking out on the left and the "tail" on the bottom right are hair.

Also, that's most definitely a giant spoon.

1 minute ago, Rosetta said:

However, I reviewed the drawing of Bride Eirika in the Awakening Artbook but she isn't wearing a veil like that.

Which means literally nothing.

56 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Left could very easily be Olivia, Fir, or Adult Tiki as well. I wouldn't call Lyn a lock just because of the ponytail. Other characters have that or something similar.

I don't really think so unless they're changing out characters' hairstyles. 

Olivia's hair is too wavy and voluminous, Fir's hair is too short, and Tiki's hair is also too short. Unless they really change out the hairstyles, Lyn is the only one I can think of with a long, straight ponytail like that.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whoever's on the right has extremely long hair, as I assume the pointy thing poking out on the left and the "tail" on the bottom right are hair.

I think the pointy bits at the bottom right are part of the dress.

Anyways, I'm going to go with my gut feeling that the one on the right is Eirika. Mainly because the banner would probably include popular units based on the CYL poll and the little bit of hair we do see matches. 

What if right one is Azura? She kind of has a veil thing already and not sure if the hairy thing at bottom right is her hair or something dangling from the spoon but if it is hair it fits Azura's length.

also if it is a spoon it is similar enough to a spear?

Lyn is pretty much confirmed at this point. The other might be Eirika. No idea, but it'd mean the other too would most probably be Eliwood and Ephraim. Or maybe is it Ninian so we have Lyn, Ninian, Hector, Eliwood... Now I'm curious.

1 minute ago, Luxian said:

Lyn is pretty much confirmed at this point. The other might be Eirika. No idea, but it'd mean the other too would most probably be Eliwood and Ephraim. Or maybe is it Ninian so we have Lyn, Ninian, Hector, Eliwood... Now I'm curious.

I'm still seeing absolutely no reason the characters must absolutely definitely must be paired.

55 minutes ago, Otorio said:

I don't really think so unless they're changing out characters' hairstyles. 

Olivia's hair is too wavy and voluminous, Fir's hair is too short, and Tiki's hair is also too short. Unless they really change out the hairstyles, Lyn is the only one I can think of with a long, straight ponytail like that.

One important one I missed: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Linde

Also I seem to remember with the last seasonal banner people were "completely sure" that one of the silhouettes was Ninian or Olivia. https://i.redditmedia.com/fBFuGzOXAv4vFAl04o1kG_YLC72DMcUSe6NkoK1sjH4.jpg?w=320&s=81b0b415b871d05035ca5602fe043c54 the one on the left to be exact, by going by the hair. Whoops. 

Is Lyn the most likely? Sure. I'd just caution everyone against getting over hyped before we actually know who it is. Even the tiniest little changes can throw silhouettes completely off. We see what we want to see and not other possibilities.

Edited by TheNiddo