Wedding Banner Speculation

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, admittedly. So I'm not familiar with what other gacha games do.

Girls in wedding outfits for June brides.

That's it.

No pairing significance.

No partners.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Here's the thing:

Why would couples even be relevant in this banner?

I mean they're wedding outfit art.

"And?"

The speculation for pairing pushing is honestly ridiculous.

Have you guys not played other Gacha games like Puzzles and Dragons?

I had not ever played a gacha game until Heroes.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's it.

No pairing significance.

No partners.

That's pretty lame. No males in suits? How unfair to male characters.

I just had the strangest thought that maybe the bride on the right could be female Corrin. I'm sure that'll make anyone who wanted to go fuck themselves in FE Fates very happy.

And no, I'm not sorry.

35 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Actually, if I remember right,

Reveal hidden contents

Ninian's death scene has different music if you paired her with Eliwood.  So they actually do have a unique song.

My bad then. Thanks for correcting  me. Still these two couples should be only one with this treatment (If I remember correctly this time).

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just had the strangest thought that maybe the bride on the right could be female Corrin. I'm sure that'll make anyone who wanted to go fuck themselves in FE Fates very happy.

And no, I'm not sorry.

Female Corrin? Well Corinna is pretty sexy... not that I'd mind Fem Robin as well.. 

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And no, I'm not sorry.

Kamukamu too strong.

But yeah.

Guys you are literally embodying stereotype of the FE fandom with anything even hinting at pairing possibilities.

I would find it amusing if only one was an actual bride/groom, and the other characters are actually the best man, or bridesmaid, or flower girl, or priest, etc. And not from the same wedding.

Eh, likely to not be the case, but still...

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's it.

No pairing significance.

No partners.

If that's the case, Lyn, Azura, Eirika and F!Corrin?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That's pretty lame. No males in suits? How unfair to male characters.

coughcough fanservice coughcough

Just now, Anacybele said:

Guys in fancy suits isn't fanservice too?

I would count it, and I would like it to happen, but I get this feeling that the majority (at least 50%) of the FE fanbase is male, and Nintendo is trying to please the majority.

Why are we crossing out our words again?

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I would count it, and I would like it to happen, but I get this feeling that the majority (at least 50%) of the FE fanbase is male, and Nintendo is trying to please the majority.

Why are we crossing out our words again?

You used the strikethrough on your words first. :P But man, I hope this banner isn't all females. That would still be so lame. I'm sure FE still has plenty of females who'd throw some cash at males in suits.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

And no, I'm not sorry.

This is canon. They're called Bond Units.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You used the strikethrough on your words first. :P But man, I hope this banner isn't all females. That would still be so lame. I'm sure FE still has plenty of females who'd throw some cash at males in suits.

I am pretty sure IS is aware they do have female fanbase (when not large in percentage, the amount is still high). Because many of FE manga adaptation are shoujo manga, not shonen. 

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am pretty sure IS is aware they do have female fanbase (when not large in percentage, the amount is still high). Because many of FE manga adaptation are shoujo manga, not shonen. 

I have no idea what you mean, but okay. xP

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Seisen no keifu adaptation was very shoujo.

very, very shoujo.

And like I said, I have no idea what that means.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Seisen no keifu adaptation was very shoujo.

very, very shoujo.

Two of three are shoujo I think? Both the Nea Fuyuki version and Mitsuki Oosawa version? 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And like I said, I have no idea what that means.

shojo means young girls but in this context we mean comic targeted for teenage girls. the old gaiden manga, the shadow dragon manga, and the recent Leo-centric spin-off manga of Fates are all shoujo manga too. 

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

Two of three are shoujo I think? Both the Nea Fuyuki version and Mitsuki Oosawa version? 

shojo means young girls but in this context we mean comic targeted for teenage girls. the old gaiden manga, the shadow dragon manga, and the recent Leo-centric spin-off manga of Fates are all shoujo manga too. 

Okay, now I understand. Thanks. :P

Since Lyn is very likely to be the one on the left, I don't think discussing canon pairings or the like is important. The 'theme' for 'special banners' isn't based on whether the character fits the theme, but rather if the character is popular or not. I'd probably guess Eirika or Julia are the one on the right. I'll put my money on Eirika regardless. 

Yes, I know Julia wasn't popular, but her popularity largely increased after Heroes and main characters are the likely only exception.

I'd think they'll still put 2 males in to pander to the female playerbase they have. 4 brides seems like a bit overkill, but who knows. If they were going to do a special banner without any males I'd of thought it would be the bunny banner, but they didn't.

What I mean with other gacha games doing "brides only, no partners" is literally meaning "no partners" for pairings.

Whenever people discuss relationships in games, it almost feels like they're projecting their personal happiness onto a company recognizing a pairing they like.

Edited by shadowofchaos