Wedding Banner Speculation

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Except that's completely false. People give a certain other frequent poster on the Heroes subforum for being overly negative the majority of the time when they post. Because overly negative people are a drag to be around and bring down the mood of the thread or the people around them.

People have the right to tell others to tone down their complaining when it's getting so frequent it's annoying.

First, you're right. I misused the term "flying off the handle." Sorry.

Second, taking the whole "when I'm right, I'm right stance" is not the most advisable tactic (even when you are right). No one was ever persuaded by that, ever (unless they're a child). Look, you are (in terms of your argument) in the right. I'm just saying, don't do what they're doing back to them.

Ok? You're not alone here. It's gonna be fine.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

He doesn't write me fanfics. We write them together - usually he'll take x characters and I'll take y characters (we draw up a list in advance). They tend to be longer stories. If anything, I write him fanfics 'cos he's a lot slower than me in writing lol But then, he thinks about what he writes. I just go with the flow ^.^

Hey, I write together with a co-author too! A few things I do on my own as well (for example, my Awakening stuff is all my work, he hasn't had a hand in it. He wants to read it and give his input though, of course), but most of what I've written was actually co-authored by a fellow writer who loves FE. That Ike x Elincia family in my sig isn't just there to look pretty, ya know. ;)

But...uh...what happened to this thread now, exactly? o.O

Just now, Anacybele said:

Hey, I write together with a co-author too! A few things I do on my own as well (for example, my Awakening stuff is all my work, he hasn't had a hand in it. He wants to read it and give his input though, of course), but most of what I've written was actually co-authored by a fellow writer who loves FE. That Ike x Elincia family in my sig isn't just there to look pretty, ya know. ;)

I don't know. Let's talk about writing fanfics, that sounds fun.

Hey, we should have a fanfic contest based on this banner!

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

Not a bad idea. But we still need to wait until we know who's in the banner in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Except that's completely false. People give a certain other frequent poster on the Heroes subforum for being overly negative the majority of the time when they post. Because overly negative people are a drag to be around and bring down the mood of the thread or the people around them.

People have the right to tell others to tone down their complaining when it's getting so frequent it's annoying. I also never said "like what I like" because I don't give a shit. Stop misrepping.

Oh yeah, sure, and I think I have an idea of who it is, considering how much I lurked before I joined. But from what I read on this thread, Cute Chao didn't really post that much about how bad it is that there's only gonna be a full female banner... (I haven't caught up yet, but I've only seen it twice). And I think it's perfectly fine to point it out when it becomes too excessive.

And the whole "like what I like" thing was in general, not aimed at you specifically, because its been in the thread in general a lot. (Like in a lot of shipping-related stuff, even if its vaguely). Now, who's misrepping?

...Ugh, look, I get it, it's very tense right now in the thread, and I apologize if it seemed like I was targeting you, since it was sincerely a general comment. But we should all calm down. If what Cute Chao is saying is that annoying to you/how they're behaving is, then you and them don't have any obligations to interact with each other. Let's just try to keep this civil; we're allowed to be passionate about stuff we like but its still just a game and there's no need to get personal over this :(

Not a bad idea. But we still need to wait until we know who's in the banner in the first place.

No, no. That'll give people a chance to get cold feet!

It'd be hilarious! All the entrants have to write a fanfic about a pairing in the banner, no matter what.

They can pair any two, but they have to accept whoever they're given, even if they hate the pairing.

7 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Dude, it's gonna be ok.

1. No one's seeing you as anything except a slight (keyword: slight) jerk for making Sunwoo rage-quit over nothing.

2. There is no way this banner will be four brides. That is not going to happen, so there's no real reason to bring it up. There has NEVER been an all female banner in the entire history of this game, unless it was part of a voting gauntlet. So you are getting mad about something that is not going to happen.

3. Even if it does happen, there are PLENTY of Otome games out right now you can play. If you really do feel that this game is no fun, don't bother wasting time you could be spending having fun with it complaining about it. Just go have fun doing something else!

4. This Will Not Be An All Female Banner.

Ha, thanks :) And not mad, just worried. 

I've already completed most of the otome games out there, sadly. There's more upcoming ones, though, of which I am very excited :D 

And that's the plan. If I get annoyed enough at the game, I shall leave it be for a bit. 

I really, really hope so. In a few more days, we will know, once and for all. 

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You do realize you're essentially saying that you're going to rant in this thread about how bad it's going to be unless the game makes you happy and that Sunwoo was the problem for having a problem with you ranting *repeatedly* in this thread.

I'm trying to be nice pointing this out... but do you really see them reacting the way they did as being their fault?

There's a point where we understand your own opinions.

And there's a point where you're pretty much vocalizing your opinion repeatedly until everyone else hears it.

Again, the rants aren't as much there as I feel it's being made out. I've mentioned it in this thread particularly, but then that's what this thread is about. I've also mentioned countless other things, like fanfics, couplings, who I'd like to be in it, what I hope is there. I post a lot because this is my main forum at work. And it also felt like a good place to offload the worries and hopes for the upcoming banner. I've done both.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

People have the right to tell others to tone down their complaining when it's getting so frequent it's annoying. I also never said "like what I like" because I don't give a shit. Stop misrepping.

Honestly, I think people call out other people too much on here. I mean, I remember someone being called out for saying Nino's voice annoyed them, which I thought was OTT. Yup, they complain a lot, but normally they do it in a way that they say other characters are garbage and trash, instead of mentioning that they personally don't like the character or struggle to use them, or call things impossible when they're not. So the latter, yes. But people do need a place to complain about things regarding this game. It's a forum. It's not meant to just be about the positive. I've mentioned a lot of things on this thread, as I've said before. I feel you've chosen to focus on the posts where I mention my fears for the banner. I know there's been more than a few. I refuse to tone it down, because I don't feel it's been more than necessary. You feel differently, sure, but it's not going to stop it happening so close to the event itself. And why do people feel they always need to tell others off in this forum? I've never known any other forum for it. Sometimes it can help, but usually it just derails a thread and makes a bigger deal out of something than it should have been. In a few more days, we'll know. And then, for better or worse, things will stop. There'll possibly be a comment of disappointment, but I'm not one for wishing others bad luck on it. So, again, I don't agree with the issue you've taken with me. I don't believe I'd dragged down the thread until this happened. People were having the normal civil chats with me and working off what I said. Only you decided to call me out, and even in public just to make it even more derailing.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The usual crud that seems to happen these days -.- 

Ahh, it's so much fun to co-author. It's also fun to write your own stuff, too :D I remember you saying about some of your stories in the forums. 

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

That does sound like fun :) I just can't wait for them to release the trailer already!

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Like, this goes for everyone putting so much stock in this banner:

1. What is the significance of it to you?

2. What changes if you get the thing you like the most?

3. What changes if you don't get the thing you like most?

4. What changes if you get the thing you dislike the most?

Answer: We all just keep playing Heroes. And subjectively, it's going to be a good, mobile version of fire emblem. Regardless of your problems with pairings, brides, grooms, or gender ratios in banners.

Pretty much that^. I like every character thats been introduced in the game for either utility, uniqueness, or personality/art/Voice work. Even characters I never knew of before I played heroes.

As for my speculation, Caeda, Corrin F, Lyn, Sumia (Serenes homepage says thats who one of the teased girls looks like, I dont necessarily concur with that statement but they tend to be more accurate than myself)

Edited by rockocalypse

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

First, you're right. I misused the term "flying off the handle." Sorry.

Second, taking the whole "when I'm right, I'm right stance" is not the most advisable tactic (even when you are right). No one was ever persuaded by that, ever (unless they're a child). Look, you are (in terms of your argument) in the right. I'm just saying, don't do what they're doing back to them.

... You are still missing a very important key fucking point of what I'm even trying to convey.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING RIGHT.

All I want is for people to understand where I'm coming from, why I feel this way, and why I am saying the things I am. That's it. I don't care about being in the right. What I care about is making a point as to why I am saying the things I am, so people understand why I am saying it. People are free to disagree with me or feel like I am overreacting, just as long as you at least listen to what I am saying instead of brushing me off immediately.

Being "right" is for people who only care about winning.

@Cute Chao

No biggie! I'm super on edge right now too, so I totally get where you're coming from.

Gaaahhhh.... why are they taking so long....

Edit: Come on, @Sunwoo

She apologized. It's ok. We're not brushing you off. (The All-Caps Red helps ensure that) :)

Edited by dragonlordsd

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

@Cute Chao

No biggie! I'm super on edge right now too, so I totally get where you're coming from.

Gaaahhhh.... why are they taking so long....

To create this tension... unbearable, unbearable tension xD 

I am really interested to see whatever random story they come up with relating to the banner, regardless of who is in it. I really want it to involve Veronica :D 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Honestly, I think people call out other people too much on here. I mean, I remember someone being called out for saying Nino's voice annoyed them, which I thought was OTT. Yup, they complain a lot, but normally they do it in a way that they say other characters are garbage and trash, instead of mentioning that they personally don't like the character or struggle to use them, or call things impossible when they're not. So the latter, yes. But people do need a place to complain about things regarding this game. It's a forum. It's not meant to just be about the positive. I've mentioned a lot of things on this thread, as I've said before. I feel you've chosen to focus on the posts where I mention my fears for the banner. I know there's been more than a few. I refuse to tone it down, because I don't feel it's been more than necessary. You feel differently, sure, but it's not going to stop it happening so close to the event itself. And why do people feel they always need to tell others off in this forum? I've never known any other forum for it. Sometimes it can help, but usually it just derails a thread and makes a bigger deal out of something than it should have been. In a few more days, we'll know. And then, for better or worse, things will stop. There'll possibly be a comment of disappointment, but I'm not one for wishing others bad luck on it. So, again, I don't agree with the issue you've taken with me. I don't believe I'd dragged down the thread until this happened. People were having the normal civil chats with me and working off what I said. Only you decided to call me out, and even in public just to make it even more derailing.

Hey Chao. Remember the part when people walked into banner threads to complain about how Ike wasn't in yet?

When you complain, you do so in an understandable manner and create discussion.

On 5/23/2017 at 2:22 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Some things are best left unsaid entirely, like minor character complaints that don't really create a platform for discussion. Not to mention if they come up All. The. Time.

When you say "if they have 4 brides, it's going to suck" there's nothing there.

But your own personal experience and people have to "trust you". You haven't given anything more.

There are people here that have played other gacha games that don't have the same conclusion you've drawn with your fears.

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

No, no. That'll give people a chance to get cold feet!

It'd be hilarious! All the entrants have to write a fanfic about a pairing in the banner, no matter what.

They can pair any two, but they have to accept whoever they're given, even if they hate the pairing.

Wait, so entrants would be assigned a pair by whoever's running the contest, they can't pick their own couple to use? :/

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The usual crud that seems to happen these days -.- 

Ahh, it's so much fun to co-author. It's also fun to write your own stuff, too :D I remember you saying about some of your stories in the forums. 

That does sound like fun :) I just can't wait for them to release the trailer already!

Yeah, but I try not to bring them up too much out of fear that it'll look like I'm trying to force my headcanons and work on people. It's not polite to do that, so...

I'm eager to see the trailer too. Though I don't have my hopes up high that one or more of these characters will be ones I'm willing to pull for.

Wait, so entrants would be assigned a pair by whoever's running the contest, they can't pick their own couple to use? :/

Yeah, but I try not to bring them up too much out of fear that it'll look like I'm trying to force my headcanons and work on people. It's not polite to do that, so...

I'm eager to see the trailer too. Though I don't have my hopes up high that one or more of these characters will be ones I'm willing to pull for.

I spent so much on the Spring banner, but I got characters I really like. I mean, Bunny!Chrom is still the cutest thing ever. 

And did you see the amazing picture someone posted of Ike in a wedding dress. To die for ;) xD 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

To create this tension... unbearable, unbearable tension xD 

I am really interested to see whatever random story they come up with relating to the banner, regardless of who is in it. I really want it to involve Veronica :D 

They'll throw in Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn who go to all of the weddings the brides are at and kidnap them for Veronica. The paralouge of course will be called Wedding Crashers. 

Or it'll be like the Spring festival, where the plots just kinda "we're getting married" lets do a ceremonial parley as our kingdoms do for marriages (source games never mentioned a spring festival, so they can create simple lore like that)

Edit: Apologies if that sounded surly. Eh, wasnt meant to.

Edited by rockocalypse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, no, sorry.

I meant they had to use a pairing in the banner.

Like, here's an idea for rules:

1. It must be set on a wedding day.

2. The people getting married must be two of the people in the banner.

And, that's it. They don't have to love each other, no rules on where the wedding's taking place, just it has to be the day of the wedding, and you have to use people in the banner.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

Or it'll be like the Spring festival, where the plots just kinda "we're getting married" lets do a ceremonial parley as our kingdoms do for marriages (source games never mentioned a spring festival, so they can create simple lore like that)

I'm still convinced that it's just going to be Veronica writing a fanfic for herself, but using her contracts to get it to happen in real life.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

They'll throw in Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn who go to all of the weddings the brides are at and kidnap them for Veronica. The paralouge of course will be called Wedding Crashers. 

I like the idea of Veronica just pointing at two of her heroes and wanting a marriage ceremony. 

*Points at Gaius and Linde*

You two are getting married because I want a party! 

I dunno... after the tea party, I can see it happening xD 

...I can't see Gaius protesting too much, if there's cake... Although they were randomly chosen ^.^

I spent so much on the Spring banner, but I got characters I really like. I mean, Bunny!Chrom is still the cutest thing ever. 

And did you see the amazing picture someone posted of Ike in a wedding dress. To die for ;) xD 

I only pulled in that banner because back then, the only 5 star I had was my newly upgraded Frederick and I was getting real desperate for more. And thankfully, I got Bunny Xander on the second session. He's meh though, so I haven't used him much at all since.

And...no. And I don't ever want to see that. xP Ike is not someone you put in a dress, come the heck on. If someone wants to draw a male character in a dress, it should be Forrest or someone like that, not Ike who's clearly much more masculine and would most certainly wear a suit instead.

Edited by Anacybele

lol that sounds frickin hilarious!! i have not seen it, could you post it here?

I like the idea of Veronica just pointing at two of her heroes and wanting a marriage ceremony. 

*Points at Gaius and Linde*

You two are getting married because I want a party! 

I dunno... after the tea party, I can see it happening xD 

...I can't see Gaius protesting too much, if there's cake... Although they were randomly chosen ^.^

Gaius and Linde, eh? is that your own personal concoction?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm still convinced that it's just going to be Veronica writing a fanfic for herself, but using her contracts to get it to happen in real life.

That'd be better and more interesting. But the only times I have seen characters in japanese works interested in fanfics they have been 1. Perverted people in Ecchi shows, 2. Otakus who spend lots of time on the internet. Both of which seem pretty distant from FE.

But I dont put anything past this game. It does what it wants and I love it.

Edit: I guess being lonley could be a catalyst for writing marriage fanfics. But then wouldnt VERONICA be the one in the wedding dress?

Edited by rockocalypse

1 minute ago, rockocalypse said:

That'd be better and more interesting. But the only times I have seen characters in japanese works interested in fanfics they have been 1. Perverted people in Ecchi shows, 2. Otakus who spend lots of time on the internet. Both of which seem pretty distant from FE.

But I dont put anything past this game. It does what it wants and I love it.

Veronica seems to be the socially awkward type of person who would totally be type 2 if the internet existed in their world.

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Hey Chao. Remember the part when people walked into banner threads to complain about how Ike wasn't in yet?

When you complain, you do so in an understandable manner and create discussion.

When you say "if they have 4 brides, it's going to suck" there's nothing there.

But your own personal experience and people have to "trust you". You haven't given anything more.

There are people here that have played other gacha games that don't have the same conclusion you've drawn with your fears.

While that was said in a different context, I suppose it can apply here too.

I don't really see that much of an issue with complaining unless it's frequent enough that it ends up clogging threads; the occasional "ugh come on IS" isn't a big enough issue to call someone out on, from my perspective. The big reason for this is because it crosses a fine line between just calling out and minimodding, when what they're saying basically amounts to "no you can't say that on here".

Then again, I don't really have any expectations for IS to represent certain FE games or pairs in new banners and just take it all in stride, so that might explain my more passive perspective on it.

Edited by MrSmokestack