Wedding Banner Speculation

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought Alm and Celica were canon?

It is. It's always been. But back then, Alm x Celica was canon just cause. We really didn't know about their relationship other than that they were friends. Shadows of Valentia took Alm x Celica and made it a legitimate ship.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Sigurd doesn't marry Julia. She's a second gen unit. He marries Dierdre. :/

If Sigurd is in this banner, then Dierdre would be with him, but two units that were previously not in the game is a bit much.

I agree.  If they're going to include character variants in a banner, they should ideally be for characters who've already been introduced into the game.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is. It's always been. But back then, Alm x Celica was canon just cause. We really didn't know about their relationship other than that they were friends. Shadows of Valentia took Alm x Celica and made it a legitimate ship.

Then I officially hope it's Marth and Caeda with Alm and Celica.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I agree.  If they're going to include character variants in a banner, they should ideally be for characters who've already been introduced into the game.

And the only two 100% canon marriages that have both parties from said marriages in the game now are Marth and Caeda and Alm and Celica. They'd make the most sense for this, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I agree with the canon pairings. Too much could go wrong otherwise.

I thought Alm and Celica were canon?

Of course their canon! I hope it's either them, Marth x Caeda or Eliwood x Ninian

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Just do Marth x Caeda and Alm x Celica. It's safe, easy and won't cause the apocalypses. With this banner, avoid any games that let's the player choose pairings (no Awakening or Fates or Blazing Sword or Sacred Stones).

Yeah, meaning no Tellius either. No character with a paired ending has more than one option for a spouse in RD, but they're still entirely optional. Even Sothe and Micaiah's A support can be removed and their ending avoided.

But say, what if we also got some characters dressed as bridesmaids, flower girls, and groomsmen? I'd love to see Mist as a flower girl, personally, maybe with some flower-themed magic as her attack. Ike as Marth's best man would be amusing. lol I dunno who'd be best as a bridesmaid tho...

Edited by Anacybele

Yes yes I misstyped there. I'll edit it in a moment

Well looking at the sprite sheets which gave indications of of the wedding event the roses are blue, white and purple. Can't immediately think who purple can be but blue and white seems to indicate Sigurd.

Other than a slash animations the other animation looks like a stab animation, maybe a lancer for the unknown male? 

4 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Of course their canon! I hope it's either them, Marth x Caeda or Eliwood x Ninian

Except Ninian and Eliwood are not official canon. I'd put them a step behind Chrom and Sumia (opening movie for the ship).

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Except Ninian and Eliwood are not official canon. I'd put them a step behind Chrom and Sumia (opening movie for the ship).

Their ending is different while the others are generic and push way further in the game than Chrom and Sumia plus the fandom pretty much knows its canon.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Their ending is different while the others are generic and push way further in the game than Chrom and Sumia plus the fandom pretty much knows its canon.

Well, I for one refuse to accept it as such without an official statement.

I do want to point out that, in the Blazing Blade light novels, which are official btw, the canon pairings there are:

• Eliwood x Ninian
  • Hector x Florina
  • Rath x Lyn.

And then, Roy x Lilina isn't canon, but i'm pretty sure Intelligent Systems themselves ships it. I mean, Roy x Lilina is foreshadowed in Eliwood and Hector's B Support, then there's the after-credits scene in Blazing Blade where Roy and Lilina meet, then there's the fact that Roy and Lilina's Supports with each other max out so fast (fastest Support growth out of all the GBA games i believe) and then there's this Cipher card

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160615194848

And finally, Roy x Lilina is a thing in The Champion's Blade manga (though the manga is non-canon).

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If Sigurd's going to be added to the game via the wedding banner...

...let the wedding reception BBQ commence.

Instead of Sigurd and Deirdre being in this banner, it's actually Arvis and Deirdre.

Edit: I just saw ShadowofChaos' comment. Ignore what i said about the FE7 Light Novels.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Regardless of the fact that it's popular and implied by other media (like the FE7 Japanese light novels) it isn't canon.

Marth x Caeda is canon.

Alm x Celica is canon.

Eliwood x Ninian is not.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Lloyd and Eliwood just to fix their artworks. They can marry each other. Eliwood can wear the dress :D

Sorted ^.^

That...that wouldn't fix Eliwood's artwork at all!

I'm starting to realize how rare it is for characters to get official pairings in this series. Maybe Zeke and Tatiana? Tatiana is new, but in the last seasonal banner we got Spring Xander before Grand Hero Battle Xander, so Camus would be the same case. Plus it's more Gaiden characters.

Edited by Gustavos

16 minutes ago, Galactaray said:

Since Naga was found in the files I think it'll be Deirdre and Sigurd, they're the few characters which canonically get married in FE4. Though special editions before originals is a habit that should die fast.

I've never played the Tellius games but Sanaki + some lover is some option based on the animations. Though the only thing that makes me doubt that these are new characters is the fact that these banners have been found in the game already. If this banner features new units does it mean we're getting banners with new units at a rate of 1 week now. I hope not since i need to save my orbs q.q.

That's just how effect sheets work. Their contents have zero reason to be related. There just happened to be space on the Naga and Cymbeline sheet to fit a few more effect assets.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

And Flora gets Deirdre's thrown wedding bouquet.

Sigurd, realizing he'll never marry Deirdre, marries Flora instead.

I'd only roll in the wedding banner if someone wore this:

Spoiler

it's just a joke I promise.

But in all actuality, it would make sense just to do the canon pairings.

Edited by Midori Mage

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Regardless of the fact that it's popular and implied by other media (like the FE7 Japanese light novels) it isn't canon.

Marth x Caeda is canon.

Alm x Celica is canon.

Eliwood x Ninian is not.

Again its a what if by the player in general Eliwood loves Ninian even says so while not with the others its a players choice here but in general obvious.

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again its a what if by the player in general Eliwood loves Ninian even says so while not with the others its a players choice here but in general obvious.

But, Marth and Caeda are locked to each other. That is really what it takes for it to be canon. 

14 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

That...that wouldn't fix Eliwood's artwork at all!

I'm starting to realize how rare it is for characters to get official pairings in this series. Maybe Zeke and Tatiana? Tatiana is new, but in the last seasonal banner we got Spring Xander before Grand Hero Battle Xander, so Camus would be the same case. Plus it's more Gaiden characters.

Are you saying Eliwood wouldn't look great in his dress?!

Incidentally, I hate to mention it, but there is Abel and Est, too. They get married canonically. And Grey and Clair.

Someone mentioned Pent and Louise, and then there's Sigurd and Deirdre, Quan and Ethlyn. Also, doesn't Thracia make Finn x Lachesis canon? Nanna's his daughter in that, isn't she? (I could be wrong. It's been a while).

Oh, Calill and Largo get married, too.

Anna and Jake (I don't think they get married but they're always together?).

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

But, Marth and Caeda are locked to each other. That is really what it takes for it to be canon. 

What they said.

A lot of people say the same thing about Lucina x Robin or Chrom x Robin.

There is no canon for pairings unless locked or explicitly stated. Eliwood and Ninian clearly lack this.

Edited by shadowofchaos