Wedding Banner Speculation

21 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

This is done with an hour ago drop it.

I don't appreciate the "I talk like a mod" tone.

I'm at work where I get occasional breaks from cell phone free zones. I have the right to respond to something you say when I read the topic on my own time.

And it clarifies the main point:

You hope for them to be in the banner. You were merely corrected about something. I don't get why you're so offended.

And it's clearly not. People like Roflolxp54 are mocking the kind of logic we have had in the current topic with their strikethroughs, so it is very much on topic.

As for the wedding banner:

We really can't even be sure there will be a couple theme.

June brides in gacha games never need a "matching pair".

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe IS will do Male + Female Robin? (Dress and tux) Id like Robin in a tux, and maybe they can change around the weapons too. Give M!Robin a Levin Sword (built in distant counter, 13 or so Mt) and give F!Robin a sword or different color tome.

Guys, this is the perfect chance for Old Hubba to make his debut as a playable unit.

But in all seriousness, I do hope it isn't just girls, simply cus I want to see guys in tuxedos. (even tho Bride Eirika was very cute)

3 minutes ago, Doof said:

But in all seriousness, I do hope it isn't just girls, simply cus I want to see guys in tuxedos. (even tho Bride Eirika was very cute)

In a game with broader demographic appeal than just young, straight males, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to include only female characters in an event like this.

Plus, men like to see good-looking men in sharp dress, too.

23 minutes ago, Doof said:

Guys, this is the perfect chance for Old Hubba to make his debut as a playable unit.

Haha, don't forget the Rainbow Sage from Fates (first male dragonbreath user hype!).

45 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

And it's clearly not. People like Roflolxp54 are mocking the kind of logic we have had in the current topic with their strikethroughs, so it is very much on topic.

For the record, I'm cracking (what feels like) jokes that may or may not become true for the sake of contributing to the discussion while having fun with it (usually by using some sort of meme like the inb4 starter), amusing myself and perhaps others in the process; I may not even be aware that I'm actually mocking the logic present in the topic's posts since some of the things I put up just come so naturally.

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Haha, don't forget the Rainbow Sage from Fates (first male dragonbreath user hype!).

For the record, I'm cracking (what feels like) jokes that may or may not become true for the sake of contributing to the discussion while having fun with it (usually by using some sort of meme like the inb4 starter), amusing myself and perhaps others in the process; I may not even be aware that I'm actually mocking the logic present in the topic's posts since some of the things I put up just come so naturally.

It's mocking for comedy.

A simple jest.

What I mean is that the user I quoted should not attempt to control someone else's responses like a mod does when I was still completely on topic.

I mean, goodness, I don't think anyone here would be offended at Ninian and Eliwood together in a wedding banner.

Edited by shadowofchaos

An alternative to pairs in this wedding banner I can see is instead just having the banner with variants of the more popular marriage options, which would make Azura a candidate for apparently being the most popular marriage option in Fates (there was an official poll for this somewhere some time ago but I can't recall who or where however). The unfortunate side of this means that also puts Lucina back into consideration as well, if IS goes with this approach

Praying for Marth x Caeda though.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In a game with broader demographic appeal than just young, straight males, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to include only female characters in an event like this.

Plus, men like to see good-looking men in sharp dress, too.

I know I certainly do... if I get Ike/Hector in a tuxedo I'd die

What if they throw us for a loop and they put Niles and Corrin in the banner though realistically speaking, I'm expecting canon pairings too.

Maybe this time Caeda will be actually good!

14 minutes ago, Motendra said:

An alternative to pairs in this wedding banner I can see is instead just having the banner with variants of the more popular marriage options, which would make Azura a candidate for apparently being the most popular marriage option in Fates (there was an official poll for this somewhere some time ago but I can't recall who or where however). The unfortunate side of this means that also puts Lucina back into consideration as well, if IS goes with this approach

Praying for Marth x Caeda though.

Ahh yeah your right! Azura definitely needs more love!

I'm hoping it's not just going to be Awakening and Fates again, but given that they're the largest markets, I doubt I'd be so lucky. 

So long as it's not Lucina,especially. I don't want any of the others showing up, but Lucina has so many iterations already in the game or planned. Adding yet another will start to feel ridiculous. I like Lucina, but she will start to grate if it continues... 

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

Maybe IS will do Male + Female Robin? (Dress and tux) Id like Robin in a tux, and maybe they can change around the weapons too. Give M!Robin a Levin Sword (built in distant counter, 13 or so Mt) and give F!Robin a sword or different color tome.

And produce the two most op Morgans ever to exist!

32 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Ha!

I'd really like to see Best Man Hector. And Bridesmaid Faye or Catria would be hilarious.

There's an idea: and entire wedding party. Like bride and groom Marth and Caeda and best man Merric...not sure who the made of honor would be.

Rezzy is being added as Bride class to Heroes.  It's nice for me, since I only got a courthouse wedding the first time around.

I'm doubtful there will be new characters added via this banner. Spring!Xander was before his GHB unit came out... but he was also already announced as being an upcoming GHB unit so he wasn't "new" in that sense.

And as much as I'd like to say otherwise, I think the only non-Fates/Awakening characters with a remote shot of being on this banner are Erikia and Ephraim. Holiday banners are about making dat money, Fates/Awakening are the most resent/popular ones, all 4 of the Spring ones were Fates/Awakening, and the two leaked ones for Christmas were Robin and Tharja. I'd recommend looking at which one of those are likely to happen.

I'll put down my "guess" as Chrom, Fem!Robin, Azura, and Male!Corrin. Potentially switch out Chrom and Fem!Robin with Male!Robin and Lucina.

Just now, TheNiddo said:

I'm doubtful there will be new characters added via this banner. Spring!Xander was before his GHB unit came out... but he was also already announced as being an upcoming GHB unit so he wasn't "new" in that sense.

And as much as I'd like to say otherwise, I think the only non-Fates/Awakening characters with a remote shot of being on this banner are Erikia and Ephraim. Holiday banners are about making dat money, Fates/Awakening are the most resent/popular ones, all 4 of the Spring ones were Fates/Awakening, and the two leaked ones for Christmas were Robin and Tharja. I'd recommend looking at which one of those are likely to happen.

I'll put down my "guess" as Chrom, Fem!Robin, Azura, and Male!Corrin. Potentially switch out Chrom and Fem!Robin with Male!Robin and Lucina.

The problem with that is causing an uproar by officially shipping. Besides, IS clearly ships Chrom and Sumia. Oh, and incest.

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Do you realize how big of a can of worms doing it this way would open? They ARE the most popular pairings for the respective characters, but there are enough players that didn't do them for there to be a large bashing of the banner for kind of giving those players the middle finger on the matter.

I'm not a shipper of either pairing at all (I don't like the incest involved in Corrin x Azura and I just despise Chrom x female Robin), so I'd be one of those players.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The problem with that is causing an uproar by officially shipping. Besides, IS clearly ships Chrom and Sumia. Oh, and incest.

Its not really officially shipping. Just say in the announcement that they were "the most common pairings for the respective avatars". Which is true, Fem!Robin got shipped with Chrom the most, Male!Corrin got shipped with Azura the most. And if incest wasn't a problem in Fates it won't be in Heroes. Particularly with how much fun they've poked at it in previous banners.

When your goal is to make money, might as well shoot for the most common denominator. Because even if people didn't like those particular shippings, they probably like Bride!Robin or Bride!Azura in particular. 

Edited by TheNiddo

4 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Its not really officially shipping. Just say in the announcement that they were "the most common pairings for the respective avatars". Which is true, Fem!Robin got shipped with Chrom the most, Male!Corrin got shipped with Azura the most. And if incest wasn't a problem in Fates it won't be in Heroes. Particularly with how much fun they've poked at it in previous banners.

When your goal is to make money, might as well shoot for the most common denominator. Because even if people didn't like those particular shippings, they probably like Bride!Robin or Bride!Azura in particular. 

Maybe if her head wasn't so disproportionately large...

Anyway! Maybe, but I still doubt they'd go against what they clearly established as a favored pair. They may not explicitly support it, but I don't think they will clearly go against it either. For that matter, using any of the avatar character would be a major risk since they're typically the ones that people care about the most as far as pairings go. I, for one, would love for Male Robin and Lucina to be featured, but not everyone would. It may make money with some people, but just end up making other's angry or upset. I mean, they even changed both Morgans' hair colors for the CYL poll if memory serves to be a neutral color (for female Morgan at least).

47 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Rezzy is being added as Bride class to Heroes.  It's nice for me, since I only got a courthouse wedding the first time around.

Is Bride Titania close enough?

Oh god... what if all the units included in the wedding banners are the ones with unrequited love?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh god... what if all the units included in the wedding banners are the ones with unrequited love?

That would be hilarious.

Catria, Cordelia, and Titania banner.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

...at least we might get better Cordelia art.