Shadows of Valentia Reviews

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

If it is, then saying Awakening and Fates suck and the older games are better is also an opinion.

And it is. The crux is, as is often the case in basic communication, to phrase it in a good way.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so it seems yet again, they had someone at IGN totally unfamiliar with the series. First Spirit of Justice and now this. No marriage system? Probably haven't even played anything else than the 3ds games. Shameful really.

Btw, Gamexplain's review shows them picking up alcoholic drinks but I thought they couldn't be used in any version of the game. So why would you still be able to find those items? Do they have another purpose?

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Btw, Gamexplain's review shows them picking up alcoholic drinks but I thought they couldn't be used in any version of the game. So why would you still be able to find those items?

They cannot be used but can be sold.

Anyway, what bothers me with IGN's review is not the marriage system complaint but the fact that is so full of errors that's just ridiculous.
The other reviews are fine.

35 minutes ago, Reflex said:

The gameplay is the one most criticized within the fandom and yet some people suddenly forget that as reviews come in? The strengths are its presentations, the flaws are the gameplay that's objectively worse in both map design and map variety to most games which is why a lot of sites docked it.

No, the fandom knows the map design is bad. I don't get what you mean by "people suddenly forgot." Echoes' is mostly scoring at around the 7.5/10 range, which is what i expected from major game review outlets (though IGN taking off points for no marriage was dumb). So far, the highest score is a 9/10 from GameSpot.

24 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Did anyone watch Gameinformer's video? 

I haven't but out of all the reviews on Metacritic, Gameinformer's is the only one that's catagorized as "mixed." All the other 31 reviews are marked as "positive."

Edited by Armagon

19 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

They cannot be used but can be sold.

Anyway, what bothers me with IGN's review is not the marriage system complaint but the fact that is so full of errors that's just ridiculous.
The other reviews are fine.

I thought you could use alcohol to cure fatigue of older characters at mila statues?

40 minutes ago, Falcom said:

For a second I thought you were joking cause of that score. But no, that's apparently the score.

Either way, I'm just gonna think of IGN's reason for this score being that there were too many boat maps.

Yeah me too...I'm happy that atleast there's no meme for this game thank god. I couldn't pull myself from that "too much water" con...

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No, the fandom knows the map design is bad.

Judging by all the veterans who haven't played Gaiden and seem to think this game is a return to form, I'm not so sure it's such a widely known fact.

3 minutes ago, Tsak said:

I thought you could use alcohol to cure fatigue of older characters at mila statues?

You can use it as an offering and that cures the entire party. It was originally planned that only older characters could actually consume them individually.

Just now, Thane said:

Judging by all the veterans who haven't played Gaiden and seem to think this game is a return to form, I'm not so sure it's such a widely known fact.

You can use it as an offering and that cures the entire party. It was originally planned that only older characters could actually consume them individually.

Ah bummer. Maybe it was messing eith the esrb rating or something 

30 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Wow, so it seems yet again, they had someone at IGN totally unfamiliar with the series. First Spirit of Justice and now this. No marriage system? Probably haven't even played anything else than the 3ds games. Shameful really.

They really said that?

2 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Ah bummer. Maybe it was messing eith the esrb rating or something 

Which is absolute insanity when you're playing a game where you kill people in the hundreds, among other nice things. Valbar can cut down people like there's no tomorrow, but enjoying a beer after doing so? Heresy!

Naturally, we don't know the reason; I'm speaking purely hypothetically here.

Edited by Thane

Just now, Thane said:

Maybe not widely known but i feel it's well known enough.

Just now, Harvey said:

They really said that?

" and my dreams of hooking up devil-may-care mercenary Saber with pious priestess Celica were dashed because there’s no marriage system."

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Which is absolute insanity when you're playing a game where you kill people in the hundreds, among other nice things. Valbar can cut down people like there's no tomorrow, but enjoying a beer after doing so? Heresy!

I agree completely lol. 

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

As a Veteran who hasn't played gaiden. These maps look pretty bad lol.

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

They really said that?

Yep, so i've chosen to just ignore Ign's reviews. Even I could make better reviews than them.

I just don't get IGN...

First they mock over Sonic DESPITE the fact that they JUST reviewed Sonic Colors and Generations which they stated were fantastic games, then they bring out Pokemon memes like the infamous "Too Much Water" gimmick and now? Making a negative over something that was ALREADY mentioned that there will be no marriage system to begin with.

I wonder whether the people at IGN take their jobs seriously or not. Atleast Gamespot fired the reviewer who gave a poor score for Ducktales Remastered.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

I just don't get IGN...

First they mock over Sonic DESPITE the fact that they JUST reviewed Sonic Colors and Generations which they stated were fantastic games, then they bring out Pokemon memes like the infamous "Too Much Water" gimmick and now? Making a negative over something that was ALREADY mentioned that there will be no marriage system to begin with.

I wonder whether the people at IGN take their jobs seriously or not. Atleast Gamespot fired the reviewer who gave a poor score for Ducktales Remastered.

IGN isn't a hivemind; reviewers disagree with each other all the time.

And everyone mocks Sonic.

Just now, Thane said:

I'll say the same, it's not the same person reviewing everything

and who cares what they think, hows it going to hurt your enjoyment of the game

Just now, Thane said:

But its really difficult to accept their level of professionalism if their reviews aren't even proper to begin with. 

Also..no. I mean Sonic games have their fair share of badness but Sonic as of now is doing fine and who knows, maybe even better.

Yeah, i suppose now is a good time to get it out. *clears throat* DON'T LET REVIEWS DICTATE YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME! Yes, the reviews for the game are positive but even then, reviews aren't law. At the end of the day, you decide whether you enjoy the game or not.

Also..no. I mean Sonic games have their fair share of badness but Sonic as of now is doing fine and who knows, maybe even better.

Wasn't the last game Sonic Boom though? Don't sound like doing fine to me.

But its really difficult to accept their level of professionalism if their reviews aren't even proper to begin with. 

What was improper? Reviews are just someone else's enjoyment of the game, give or take comments about things surrounding it, like marketing or DLC practices. If they said something factually wrong, then that's really bad, but if they miss the marriage system, then it's their right, same as it is for people who are happy it's gone.

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

Japan has weird censorship laws; it's okay to have people punched 50 times a second to the point you can't see their face anymore, but you better not be caught showing a minor smoking lol.

I guess these reviews are fair. The aesthetics of this game hard carry it, since the gameplay is a bit hit or miss.

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'll say the same, it's not the same person reviewing everything

and who cares what they think, hows it going to hurt your enjoyment of the game

Sorry if you think this is rude but...

1 sec

*deep breath*

IfFireEmblemEchoesDoesPoorlyInAmericaThanISMayNtFeelCompelledToMakeMoreRemakes,WhichInMyCase,WouldMakeMeReallySadBecauseIReallyWantToSeeAFE4Remake.AlsoItMayMeanThatTheyWillRideTheFE13GravyTrainToWealth.

Edited by Tuvy