OST-The Heritors of Arcadia

Spoiler

While I do prefer Lost in Thoughts, this is still a beautiful song none the less, worth the listen.

Not gonna lie, I like this way more than Lost in Thoughts. (Which isn't a bad song by any means, it's just so omnipresent in Fates' OST that it's easy to get sick of.)

wow that was really good

the singer has a really nice voice, the lyrics are great, and it flows really well for a song translated from another language

not sure if I prefer this one or the Japanese version, but they're both really great

curious who the singer is though, since the only screenshot I could find that showed someone under "vocal" just had the same people listed as the Japanese version, and it doesn't sound like the same singer

on a different note, does anyone know where this person got this song

even though this video is already there I've uploaded all the songs onto a channel that I made and I'd like to have this one on there too for the sake of convenience

edit: apparently the singer is Bonnie Gordon

i've never heard of her before but apparently she also voices silque, so that's fitting

i was kinda thinking it would've been cool if mila's voice actress sang it even though I could tell it wasn't her, so it's cool to know that they still did something like that

Edited by unique

"On the wild at first light
The jasper lion will run.
Hark, an anthem he drums, can you hear?"

"The jasper lion will run"

"jasper lion"

"jasper lion"

I know of at least one person who's probably not thrilled with the parallels that presents.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Lost in Thoughts better since it is more cleverly written, this is just rhyme in a pattern that really makes no sense in regards to the story. That said, it is probably the most memorable song in Echoes, with maybe the new With Mila's Divine Protection.

35 minutes ago, Illialidur said:

I like Lost in Thoughts better since it is more cleverly written, this is just rhyme in a pattern that really makes no sense in regards to the story. That said, it is probably the most memorable song in Echoes, with maybe the new With Mila's Divine Protection.

what part of it doesn't make sense? 

lines like

"And though I am gone, just ash in the wind

One life surrendered so yours can begin.

Courage, my children, this is your song.

I am the earth, I will make you strong."

have pretty obvious parallels with the ending of the game

I still overall prefer the ost of Fates (I like Conquest's music over Birthright's), but I can concede that this is better than Lost in Thoughts which surprised me in the Echoes ost (I like Celica's music more over Alm's).

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Honestly, I think Heritors is structured better than Lost In Thoughts. Feels like there is much less use of overextended words in Heritors.

I mean, I like Lost In Thoughts a lot, but let's be real, it's got some awkwardly structured parts, while Heritors seems to flow better.

On 5/29/2017 at 2:19 AM, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, I think Heritors is structured better than Lost In Thoughts. Feels like there is much less use of overextended words in Heritors.

I mean, I like Lost In Thoughts a lot, but let's be real, it's got some awkwardly structured parts, while Heritors seems to flow better.

I can kinda understand that, although I still like Rena Strober's singing voice a tad more though.

• 1 month later...

Well, see, both the fact of what you said being true and my not liking it as much as Lost in Thoughts All Alone remain unchanged. Note I had listened to the song before I finished the game, so don't attack me with it. Using the knowledge I had at the time I made a calculated opinion and I stand with it. There ARE some parallels to the story, but then again Lost in Thoughts does it much better in my opinion.

AND seeing as how this is just my opinion and so was the last post I don't see what the issue is, or am I not allowed to have my own perspective?

AND FINALLY those are some pretty good lyrics. Looking back, I still stand by Fates as having the better song, but when I randomly start singing, I sing this song and not Lost in Thoughts. I like them both very much.

Nga, I totally agree that Rena Strober's voice is better, but I also feel this song is trying a bit too hard to one-up Lost in Thoughts, so in that aspect it can contend, but it does not come as easily. I sing a lot, and when I sing, I always sing Heritors of Arcadia, which means I always have to sing

A world riven by pride,
Repaired at last. (THIS PART)
And now (NOW always gets me) its makers can be at rest,
Our vision come to pass. (This is just the worst thing ever).

I have never cracked my voice trying to sing a song as many times as I did for this one verse. I feel this part rips out my vocal cords and puts them through a wood chipper. This one verse makes it not worth singing, because I know I can never finish the song, and that really just makes me sad. I never once had this problem with Lost in Thoughts.

As for instruments, I feel Heritors does so much with so little it really is impressive. The vocals match the instrumentals perfectly and create an absolute euphony. However, Lost in Thoughts is sang by one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. I am a boy as my profile states, and I freely admit than when I watched Rena sing on the video she posted on YouTube that I cried a bit because of how perfect it seemed. In fact just thinking about it makes me want to start again. Which almost never happens for anything ever. The instrumentals to Lost in Thoughts is very dynamic as well, and in my opinion far better. Heritors may do much with little, but Lost in Thoughts does much more without going overboard. And don't even get me started on Lost in the Waves. That song, I can't even begin to say how many times I have listened to the hour long loop of it on YouTube. Simply fantastic.

So yeah, I think Lost in Thoughts is better, Lyrics wise it fits the story with much more ease than Heritors, and in my brain there is no contest, I will always stand by Rena Strober no matter how Fate carries us.

Oh, and I like Heritors too. Just not as much.